Bug in Under Saarthal quest?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chielster

Hello,

I have trouble defeating Jyrik Gauldursson in the Under Saarthal quest. When I enter the room he dwells, Tolfdir is supposed to destroy the orb after a while. However Tolfdir does nothing, he just follows me around and when I try to speak to him (while being under attack from Jyrik), game says that he is busy. I couldn't find anything on this, is this a known bug or do I do something wrong?

Shoor

Clan Thu'um Guard
I think you have to wait a bit. Did Tolfdir say "I thought it was high time I caught up with you."? He doesn't destroy the orb, he's supposed to cast a spell on Jyrik so that he's not invincible anymore. Try attacking Jyrik using both spells and weapons.

Jamirus

Eater of random alchemy ingredients
Sometimes Jyrik will be bathed in blue or red light. Once red use frost, once blue use fire. If that dosen't work then i suggest going back s save

Chielster

I think there is another problem with Tolfdir, his speech isn't correct, he doesn't say "I thought it was high time I caught up with you.", and subtitles fly by when I speak to him. Maybe the problem is in the line of Esbern.

Also in mij (official?) walkthrough it states that Tolfdir attacks the orb, as the source of Jyrik's invulnerability

What happens is this: I enter the room, Tolfdir follows and attacks Jyrik. Jyrik strikes back and after that, Tolfdir doesn't do anything. Jyrik is untouchable by both magic and weapons

Shoor

Clan Thu'um Guard
Yeah, but that's after he says that line. Then, if I remember correctly, he says something like magic has no effect lalala when you attack. then he says that he will try to weaken him, then he attacks the orb. Try waiting an hour?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts