• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Oliverjames

What I have noticed is myself, and my warring brothers are engaged and civil when playing skyrim. This game brings people together like a community. Has anyone else experienced the value of the game itself outside of self satisfaction?

Seethe

LOL actually my brother hates when i talk about Skyrim. It's funny when we are at a partying and me and a few of our friends are drunkenly reveling about our tales in Skyrim, he walks away.

Halkin

pzzzztt
Lots of games do this imo, even going as far back as risk on the bbc or later on the speccy with head over heels. some ppl like, some dont, watcha gonna do

The Barefoot Nord

I need some dragon scale shoes.
Just look at the "family" this site has become... Skyrim heals all wounds and makes a great coffee filter.

So I'm told. JK

Chryss

My husband tells me that when he is at work, breaktime is Skyrim discussion time. They talk about their conquests, compare notes and look for help when needed. At home, him and I discuss the game, help each other and I gather information for him to bring to the guys at work.

This game is truly awesome.

Slow Rider

Yep, I've got a co-worker that plays as obsessively as I do, and the 15 minutes before 8a is the unofficial "let's compare Skyrim notes" time. Good stuff.

Eva

I wish I could find other people with whom to discuss Skyrim... most of the people I work with are either girls my age who only care about shopping and parties, or older women who think vidya games are magic moving pictures that the motion box makes when it's upset.

That's why I like these forums!

Jeff the DragonBorn

Actually Skyrim has driven a wedge between me and my girlfriend of 1.5 years. A typical conversation is: "hello baby want to come to bed?" And my answer is usually NO! - playing Skyrim... ( we live together...) ( at present school is in recess for 5 weeks and I have no reason to wake up early whereas she has to go to work in the mornings...)

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I bought my best friend skyrim after christmas when his parents didn't get him anything cool. He asked me out a few days later. I'd say the game brings people closer!

:D. But you could say that it certainly does. My friend and I talk about it all the time.

Xiomn

• Talos the mighty! Talos the unerring! Talos the unassailable! To you we give praise!
  • We are but maggots, writhing in the filth of our own corruption! While you have ascended from the dung of mortality, and now walk among the stars!
  • But you were once man! Aye! And as man, you said, "Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter."
  • "I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you."
  • Aye, Love! Even as man, great Talos cherished us. For he saw in us, in each of us, the future of Skyrim! The future of Tamriel!
  • And there it is, friends! The ugly truth! We are the children of Man! Talos is the true god of Man! Ascended from flesh, to rule the realm of spirit!
  • The very idea is inconceivable to our elven overlords! Sharing the heavens with us? With Man? Ha! They can barely tolerate our presence on earth!
  • Today, they take away your faith. But what of tomorrow? Do the elves take your homes? Your businesses? Your children? Your very lives?
  • And what does the empire do? Nothing! Nay, worse than nothing! The Imperial machine enforces the will of the Thalmor! Against its own people!
  • So rise up! Rise up, children of the empire! Rise up, Stormcloaks! Embrace the word of mighty Talos, he who is both man and Divine!
  • For we are the children of man! And we shall inherit both the heavens and the earth! And we, not the Elves or their toadies, will rule Skyrim! Forever!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts