• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I don't really like the meager conequences for murder. There should be something resembling an attempt to deter murder. That would be just a smidgeon of realism. At least in Morrowind, you could recieve a death sentence in which case there was no way to enter that town without being attacked on sight and there was no way to get to a jail/fine option. You had to try to remove the price on your head through other means.

Orange

Yup he's murderd 24 people we mite think of just killing him now, NOOO!!! its not the skyrim way.

Necromis

well I like your thoughts, but I still think you should have to go to jail B4 you are killed for murder. After all they have to build the gallows. Then you could have an option of bribing the guard, or doing some type of *dirty dozen* mission for the jarl.....etc. But hey, it just shows that Skyrim is corupt and my work with the Thieves guild and DB has worked and everyone can be bought and bent to the will of the Listner....er....I mean my Night Mother. ;)

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
well I like your thoughts, but I still think you should have to go to jail B4 you are killed for murder. After all they have to build the gallows. Then you could have an option of bribing the guard, or doing some type of *dirty dozen* mission for the jarl.....etc. But hey, it just shows that Skyrim is corupt and my work with the Thieves guild and DB has worked and everyone can be bought and bent to the will of the Listner....er....I mean my Night Mother. ;)

Cicero for President!!

Mabe

People should also be harder to kill. Id rather have a lot more horrific screaming and pleading to spare their life to make it more realistic.

This is where a reputation system would come into play.

Katt

People should also be harder to kill. Id rather have a lot more horrific screaming and pleading to spare their life to make it more realistic.

And you should be able to really scare the kids, not just play tag or hide and seek....or even be able to kill them mwhaaaa

But too, it is far too easy to kill people, with only a "sigh" from them. And only a $1000 bounty?? By our standards, that is very laughable.
Kat =^*^=

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer

This is where a reputation system would come into play.
And boom goes the dynamite! Could not agree with you more about a reputation system.

As the OP I agree with all these opinions. The only thing I might go out on a limb and say in Bethesda's defense as an in-universe explanation is that perhaps 1000 gold is very steep to the common NPC--but not to an adventurer. The common NPC works for a living and doesn't go into 2000 year old ruins fighting the undead and looting all manor of merchandise. The average shop-keeper doesn't even have 1000 gold on him for a 48 hour period. But on the other hand, many an NPC will hand you 1500 gold for a fetch-it quest.

Never mind...

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
As the OP I agree with all these opinions. The only thing I might go out on a limb and say in Bethesda's defense as an in-universe explanation is that perhaps 1000 gold is very steep to the common NPC--but not to an adventurer. The common NPC works for a living and doesn't go into 2000 year old ruins fighting the undead and looting all manor of merchandise. The average shop-keeper doesn't even have 1000 gold on him for a 48 hour period. But on the other hand, many an NPC will hand you 1500 gold for a fetch-it quest.

Never mind...
For the prices of filled Grand Soul Gems the NPCs should be showering in gold coins!

SoleKillswitch

Part of the fun for me are my murderous rampages. I keep a trophy from every kill in my house. Anyone who gets in the way of my quest of filling my house with cheese gets an arrow in the eye :)

The pile has doubled in size since I took the pic
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1327639579762.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327639579762.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 19

Xiomn

fluff the death penalty, bring back STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM! NOBODY BREAKS THE LAW ON MY WATCH!

SoleKillswitch

Realism for me is being strapped to a cubicle 40 hours a week, raising a two year old girl on my own.

Why would I want a game with dragons, magic, and the like to be realistic? Nonsesne I say. It would ruin the few hours I get to myself every week.

In short; fluff that :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts