• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MrDSL

Man this sounds perfect to give myself a challenge..I can't help but improve my weapons to the best they can be so I shall force myself to use bound bow,swoard and dagger from now on!!

I just hope I can still one shot kill when im assassinating someone..

I usually avoid putting any one-handed or bow enchance damage on any equipment because i think its overpowered as it is..

So that would help making up some of the damage and then there is always potions like mentioned above...I cant wait to get home tonight and try this..I need to recheck all my gear to different enchants..

agfazzone

Professional Sweetroll Taster
You know, I JUS took out Otar for the 1st time last night & it was a bound bow with all archer perks+ triple sneak bonus+ 60% enchant necklace & 100 Smith. Took me 2 shots. & Lvl 50ish....:D

haha! that's awesome! I was like lvl 15 or less, I don't remember..but I did all those quests first thing with that character! For my 2nd character maybe I'll wait til I have more perks to fight him ;)

Shouldn't be that hard. If you're aiming to get the Old Gods gear, you should have Madanach and the Forsworn with you, so they can take care of the enemies in the ruin. If you're going it alone, just sneak around them, if your sneak skill is high enough, or RUN. I've run past the frostbite spider and both spheres before. It's a little humbling, but hey, it works!
True enough, and I've done that myself. The Spheres in particular, you can just drop down, and hide out the fight. Madanach likes to Dual Cast Ice Storm anyway, so it's usually not a good idea to stand in front of him. That being said, Bound Bow makes it go a lot quicker, and easier. It's not the only way to go, but a great use for the spell/weapon.

Pete

The only annoying thing to me about bound weapons is when they disappear in the middle of a fight. Or your sneaking and need to re-cast it and suddenly your no longer hidden. Or you accidentally sheath it. Or you like to use a lot of destruction spells and use up your magika. ;) Definitely affects play style for me.

The only annoying thing to me about bound weapons is when they disappear in the middle of a fight. Or your sneaking and need to re-cast it and suddenly your no longer hidden. Or you accidentally sheath it. Or you like to use a lot of destruction spells and use up your magika. ;) Definitely affects play style for me.
BB/Destruction isn't a real good mix. I'd say either/or, but Bound Spell/Sword works real well with Flaming Familiar to fast level Conjuration (And Terrorize the Rift.) I found Bound Weapons go best with long Duration spells, like Muffle, Stability enhanced _Flesh, Summons, and Cloaks. Dremora Lord, and Atromancy both give you 2 Minutes, which coincidentally is about how long your weapon is going to last. So, if you cast them together, one going out warns you that the other is about to. Especially with DL/BB (The upgrade combo to BS/FF) cast him first, then support him with arrows, when he disappears, that's your cue that you're about to run out on arrows. So, relocate (Wuld!) and recast, back to business. You can also Sheathe for Tactical Reloads. Most fights don't last more than a couple minutes, so in between, if you're not sure your duration is going to last through the Next fight, go ahead, and re-up. Also a good opportunity for you to throw another Tank foreward, since neither of the stompy ones move all that fast. Between the 2 (Or 3) of you, you make a pretty good tactical unit of Combined Force. Artilliery, and infantry is a Gestalt, force multiplier, >the sum of the two of you, and therefore more effective in battle than two of either. (And that's without throwing in Twin Souls, and a Follower, possibly with Summons of her own.)