Boston Bomber Family earned over 100K in Welfare?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DJ Luigi

Mama-mia play that song again!
"The Tsarnaev family, including the suspected terrorists and their parents, benefited from more than $100,000 in taxpayer-funded assistance — a bonanza ranging from cash and food stamps to Section 8 housing from 2002 to 2012, the Herald has learned."

http://nation.foxnews.com/boston-ma...ton-bombers-family-received-more-100k-welfare

Now I'm not racist, in fact I have a lot of friends from different places around the world. I don't make a habit of judging people by the color of their skin, the sound of their voice, or what part of the world they call home. But receiving that much money in only 10 years is not just happening to this family, a lot of immigrants are receiving increased benefits from the government, while the 'locals' are scraping by with bare minimals.

I think this is wrong. In fact, there's a lot of different benefits you can receive by simply not being White/Caucasian. It's like our Government is being racist against us =\

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
They needed to get their money somewhere at least one's dead and other locked up fuc#ing nut jobs.

In the U.K we are cutting the amount of money people get on benifits to hopefully encourage them to get off their arses and get a job which is a good move I think. As for the migrants point the only people I blame on that front is the politicians just have a read of this wtf were people doing when this was going on. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hief-Tony-Smith-says-immigration-control.html

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
"The Tsarnaev family, including the suspected terrorists and their parents, benefited from more than $100,000 in taxpayer-funded assistance — a bonanza ranging from cash and food stamps to Section 8 housing from 2002 to 2012, the Herald has learned."

http://nation.foxnews.com/boston-ma...ton-bombers-family-received-more-100k-welfare

Now I'm not racist, in fact I have a lot of friends from different places around the world. I don't make a habit of judging people by the color of their skin, the sound of their voice, or what part of the world they call home. But receiving that much money in only 10 years is not just happening to this family, a lot of immigrants are receiving increased benefits from the government, while the 'locals' are scraping by with bare minimals.

I think this is wrong. In fact, there's a lot of different benefits you can receive by simply not being White/Caucasian. It's like our Government is being racist against us =\

Yea, this is a big problem in the states. The only government assistance I have ever received is my unemployment benefits, and I earned THAT through paying into it. And I still had to fight to get the money owed to me. Now that I'm working full time and making a decent wage (by no means fantastic, but decent) I support myself.

I just find it insulting that my own government won't help me when I actually need it, but is more than willing to pass off taxpayers money to people weren't even born here. When my ancestors moved here, they had to earn a living like everyone else.

Darkholme

Though I'm not happy that suspected terrorists were given federal assistance, lets stay somewhat realistic here. This was 100K over an 11year span, roughly $9,100 a year. Add to that the fact that the older brother had his own family(wife and child) so $4,550 yearly per family. They also appear to be adding together welfare checks, food stamps, and housing assistance and giving it all a monetary value.
Out of that remaining money we are only left to wonder how much is the projected value of their rent....I know someone who runs section 8 housing, though the occupant is given a free place to live, they collect rent from the govt. So that money is going to a landlord and possibly offsetting a vacant apartment.

I don't like that these monsters were given anything to help them either. But try to read past the sensationalist headlines and realize they weren't being given much.

Does the Welfare system need an overhaul, yes. But too many are too willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Though I'm not happy that suspected terrorists were given federal assistance, lets stay somewhat realistic here. This was 100K over an 11year span, roughly $9,100 a year. Add to that the fact that the older brother had his own family(wife and child) so $4,550 yearly per family. They also appear to be adding together welfare checks, food stamps, and housing assistance and giving it all a monetary value.
Out of that remaining money we are only left to wonder how much is the projected value of their rent....I know someone who runs section 8 housing, though the occupant is given a free place to live, they collect rent from the govt. So that money is going to a landlord and possibly offsetting a vacant apartment.

I don't like that these monsters were given anything to help them either. But try to read past the sensationalist headlines and realize they weren't being given much.

Does the Welfare system need an overhaul, yes. But too many are too willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Not only that but 11 years ago no one knew they would do this. Are we to stop giving out welfare because everyone has the potential to make a bomb? The media always misses the issue, which is the welfare system, not that they received welfare. The comments on that page are horrendous too, but funny to read to say the least.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
Not only that but 11 years ago no one knew they would do this. Are we to stop giving out welfare because everyone has the potential to make a bomb? The media always misses the issue, which is the welfare system, not that they received welfare. The comments on that page are horrendous too, but funny to read to say the least.

It's not so much two of them made bombs and hurt people, is more of the fact that they got the help. According to the government I make too much money to get assistance. I never realized being a housekeeper meant I was making the big bucks.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
...Now I'm not racist...
It's funny how this is almost without fail a precursor to saying something racist. :rolleyes:
...But receiving that much money in only 10 years is not just happening to this family, a lot of immigrants are receiving increased benefits from the government, while the 'locals' are scraping by with bare minimals...In fact, there's a lot of different benefits you can receive by simply not being White/Caucasian. It's like our Government is being racist against us =\
Aside from the fact it's not a significant amount of money spread over 11 years, name one benefit from the government that is only available to immigrants. Food stamp eligibility is based on net liquid assets and income of the beneficiary. It has absolutely nothing to do with being an immigrant. Section 8 housing eligibility is based on being a family and having household income significantly below the local average median household income for a family. Again it has nothing to do with being an immigrant. Those two alone would account for the overwhelming majority of the aid that the family received. Medicaid eligibility is income based. See a pattern here? It's all income and/or asset based. None of it is based on immigrant status. Claiming otherwise is a complete load of horseplops. Engaging in this kind of anti-immigrant propaganda is nativist at best and extremely racist at worst.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts