• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Joe Battlemage

Hello,

System is a PS3. I'm at Level 61. I was looking for Ruins of Rkund and came across Lost Tongue Overlook. Decided to deal with this location (ie: fight the dragon, etc.) before continuing to search for Ruins of Rkund. At Lost Tongue, screen image became blurry. It has been blurry ever since. (Found Ruins of Rkund by going through Darklight Tower, but I digress as that is really not relevant). Frame rate has been very jerky lately....alot. I had been playing for about 5 hours before this blurry situation occurred. It's like the image had not completely "refreshed" from.....I dunno.....getting the shout from the word wall at Lost Tongue, perhaps? Anyway.....

Tried a number of things. Spent 3 hours trying to fix, including the "Wait" for 30 days suggestion. Didn't work. Also tried clearing my hard drive of other games, but really, 54 GB free (of 74 GB) shouldn't be an issue, IMO. This available space is BEFORE the clear.
I believe I have the latest patch. 1.90 from April 2013. Is that correct? I can't figure out how to confirm I have this. But I have both the DG and DB DLC add-ons, so, I'm thinking I must have the latest patch. No?

I don't know what else to do, short of quitting playing. I can still play, but it's not enjoyable with the blurred vision screen.

Any suggestions toward fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx much,
Mark

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
With out knowing if you have the blurr on other games or not I can only suggest this:

Option 1, try a PS3 video reset (with the power already off, hold the power button down on the console for a double beep, and release it, it should bring up a menu where it asks for your connection type, HDMI and the supported resolutions). If you want you can also try a different HDMI input on the TV.

Option 2, try a different TV and see if the problem continues.
Option 2A, try a different HDMI cable, or try a Component Cable, *RGB for video -R/B & W for audio*

Option 3, call up sony and see if they can help, if not then your options are to try and get it repaired, if you are covered by the sony 1 year warranty or bought an extended warranty from the store or you can try a third party repair place

I am no expert on the PS3 but found this info on another forum. You might find some more answers if you google around.

Joe Battlemage

Thank you for the reply. I'm pretty sure it's not a PS3 system / Sony issue, but rather, a game issue. The graphics during a load (ie: at start up, or during a fast travel) are fine. It's only during the actual gameplay that the "vision" is blurry. I play in first person mode, so when I say "vision" I am meaning my character's vision.
I tried your Option 1 suggestion and everything appears fine.
I deleted all other games off the hard drive to free up hard space, as suggested from another forum site (although this was probably not necessary as I had only 3 other games on there).
I am currently in the middle of a move and all my other game discs are packed up somewhere. I might get ambitious and dig for them. We'll see.
As for Googling......yes, been there, done that. Most results on the topic involve blurriness on PC systems.

I think I'll just continue playing it for a while and who knows.....maybe it will fix itself. If not, I think I am done with Skyrim. On the one hand, I've pretty much finished all the quests I want to do, but on the other hand I have a lot of locations still to explore and it would have been nice to get to Level 80 and do The Ebony Warrior quest.

Anyway,...thanks again.

Mark

Joe Battlemage

One more question....
I find it extremely frustrating that the Load Menu goes back only a few saves and then there is a MASSIVE gap with no saves from there all the way back to Level 13.
If I could only go back to a save from approximately one hour ago of gameplay I would do so, and gladly play that one hour again in order to rectify this.
Anyone know if it's possible to bring up a certain point of gameplay into the Load Menu, on demand?

Thanx,
Mark

Joe Battlemage

Wishful thinking worked. After about 2 more hours of gameplay, it fixed itself. I was in the hills near Last Vigil at the time. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Mark.

O__Dragon__O

Old Guy Joe
One more question....
I find it extremely frustrating that the Load Menu goes back only a few saves and then there is a MASSIVE gap with no saves from there all the way back to Level 13.
If I could only go back to a save from approximately one hour ago of gameplay I would do so, and gladly play that one hour again in order to rectify this.
Anyone know if it's possible to bring up a certain point of gameplay into the Load Menu, on demand?

Thanx,
Mark
The only way to bring up any save is via the auto or manual saves already on the system. I have PS3 also and rely on mostly manual saves as I have the auto save option turned off for "wait"/"travel" etc.. and have the save on character option set at 15 min. which gives a auto save every 15 min.. Sounds like you have these options off as well. You should go into your options menu under gameplay and check. Leaving the auto saves turned off for everything but the save on character option will decrease loading times, but you still want at least 15 min. set to save on character. Use Manual Save OFTEN, and don't use overwrite, use new save data. You just will have to go in and delete older save data sometimes to clear the oldest saves from HD. Anyways I kind of digressed here and rambled on... hope I was a help and not confusing.... Message me if you have any questions for PS3 as I am rather a veteran with it. Not tooting my own horn, but just saying... LOL

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts