• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

agitated chimp

Well i'm currently stuck on the 'Blood on the ice' quest in winterhold.
Now i'm aware this quest in very buggy and ive saw a few solutions but non of them solving the problem i have with it. (I'm currently playing it on xbox) :sadface:

*SPOILERS*

I started the quest and it was perfect, normal quest. However i found that when i got to the quest where i had already found the journals and amulet and i had to sell the amulet To the real killer (not the mage) I decided NOT to sell it but then decided to sell it after saying i would keep it.
From what i have seen online this starts a bug in the quest and i cannot advance any further.
I have not unlocked the next part of the quest in indicates that i should go to the advice guy in the palace (forgot his name sorry) however theres nothing to do/say there. :sadface:

I already figured i would be suspecting the palace mage however when i interact with him im only able to ask for 'destruction' training.
I went online and figured out the ending (which was quite surprising) o_O so i figured if i went to the shop beat the guy to his knees and stole the key he had to open the chest containing his secret journal (evidence!) that i could start the other way of completing the quest.
As it turns out i cannot, i literally stalk the guy and he does nothing but lurks on a wall! :mad:

As of now i cannot finish the quest which is a shame because in a stupid way i feel as though im missing out on getting a kool house + Im one of those guys that has to complete every quest i start straight away (because im a freak like that) :rolleyes:

So my question would be has anyone got any advice for the completion of the quest or any idea how i can skip it without erasing my memory or starting a whole new character?
PLEASE HELP:eek:

Thanks for Reading :)

Shoor

Clan Thu'um Guard
You should've put the spoiler tag on the title, btw :p

What platform are you on? Maybe you coud reload a save shortly before you talked to Calixto about the amulet? And dont worry about the advice thing never unlocking, it happened to me and I was able to finish the quest.

Also, I think there are some fixes for that quest with the new patch.

agitated chimp

You should've put the spoiler tag on the title, btw :p

What platform are you on? Maybe you coud reload a save shortly before you talked to Calixto about the amulet? And dont worry about the advice thing never unlocking, it happened to me and I was able to finish the quest.

Also, I think there are some fixes for that quest with the new patch.

I'm playing it on Xbox 360 although i wish it was pc heard there was a fix for it on their.
I stupidly carried on playing and it and it won't let me load back to the save where i spoke to him because there's too many things i done after that :oops:
Yeah i really hope theres going to be a patch that will help me! :)
Thanks for the advice!

Kaymindless

Have you talked to viola? I never was able to get advice from anyone. I accidentally skipped Calixto though and only realized my mistake when I was clearing out his place while he was giving me the tour and found the last journal.

agitated chimp

Have you talked to viola? I never was able to get advice from anyone. I accidentally skipped Calixto though and only realized my mistake when I was clearing out his place while he was giving me the tour and found the last journal.
When i try speak to Viola she kinda just doesn't start a convosation she just mutters something about the murders o_O

Kaymindless

Ive got the two Journals from the house (Had the amulet too) heck i even stole The journal proving that Calixto is the murderer from his shop! Haha :confused:
This is the worst quest, really. I truly overdid it and had all the journals and ten of those silly pamphlets. Online it says the pamphlet is required to activate her so if you just have the journals and not the pamphlets, try that otherwise it may have to wait until they patch it :sadface:

agitated chimp

This is the worst quest, really. I truly overdid it and had all the journals and ten of those silly pamphlets. Online it says the pamphlet is required to activate her so if you just have the journals and not the pamphlets, try that otherwise it may have to wait until they patch it :sadface:
Okay thank you :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts