Spoiler blood on the ice quest

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

blacklungs

have been trying to do this quest all day, multiple ways. This post does contain spoilers so read on with caution.

I'm in Windhelm trying to complete the blood on the ice quest and have been at it for HOURS and i'm very frustrated. I've scoured the internet for solutions but no to avail.

I understand that there are two ways to complete the quest. One you imprison the mage, come back to town later, and catch the real killer or two, you go to the mage with your information that you gathered from the townspeople, then you are given and object to patrol the streets at night and catch the murderer in the act.

Well, I've tried this both ways and both times it skips the patrol the city streets objective, claiming I've already completed it and then skips to catch the murderer objective. I know who the murderer is because he pops up on my screen with a large arrow right over his head. I can't kill him because he falls to his knees and I end up getting a bounty.

i followed him into the creepy house to avoid this, thinking I could kill him in there, but the same thing happened. I'm very lost and out of options on how to complete this quest.

Has anyone run into these same issues and found a solution?

misty burnham

i have the SAME exact problem i talk to the undead in the jail then i go outside and it automatically tells me to catch a murderer and puts a arrow over his head as he runs into the house i even called bethesta to get help and they cant even help me atm i hope someone finds a fix soon i really want that house lol

Touchstone

I am currently in the middle of this issue. I read up about it on the net, and the workaround seems to be traveling out of and back into the city four times. The killer seems to get stuck in the house if you go in there, and fast traveling a bunch seems to help him get un-stuck. I haven't been able to finish trying yet, so I can't report if it works, but it's worth trying yourself.

misty burnham

so i saved before he gets stuck so should i go do the mission and fast travel after he gets stuck tell me if it works for you please

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts