Xbox 360 Blood On The Ice Bug???

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bosmernagini

So recently I decided to finish the Blood On The Ice quest, because it freaked me out how there was a serial-killer going around.

I just followed the blood trail to the house, and I can't pick the lock (I suck, I know), so I went to get the key. However, when I go to get the key from the woman, she is completely invisible. The quest marker is just floating in the marketplace and I cannot interact with her at all! It's really bugging me.

Is there any way around this other than having to spend years picking the lock?

BoundByTheWolfBlood

Defiler of the Dead.
Hmm I don't know off hand have you checked the quest article on Elderscrolls wiki/Uesp?

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
A couple of things could be affecting this:

1) ....when are you going? According to UESP Tova Shatter-Shield (the one you want to get the key from) is only in the market between 11am and 3pm and she's in Candlehearth Hall in the evenings.
2) If you've done Mourning Never Comes and killed Nilsine Shatter-Shield, Tova will commit suicide and you'll have to break into her house to get the key to Hjerim. If memory serves correctly, it will be on her body, which should be upstairs.

Funny story, this isn't the first post I've seen about this quest today. It's incredibly glitchy. I would recommend checking out the UESP site that I linked before proceeding - if you don't do things the right way, you have the potential to royally fluff things up.

bosmernagini

• I assume I go at the times when she's scripted to be at the marketplace, though I never tried looking for her in Candlehearth Hall. Are you able to get the key from her before asking the guards about her?
  • I don't remember if I did Mourning Never Comes... I'll check that out too.
This game is hugely glitch-y! Thank you for your help.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
This quest is by far one of the glitchiest in the game. One mis-step and it's fluffed in some way, shape or form, and I've heard of it fluffing up other quests as well. Sadly, you have to do it if you want to ever buy Hjreim and make it liveable. :sadface: Hopefully, your Xbox is just being a tool and putting random arrows, and that's all that's up. Try stalking her and see what's up.

Of course, to take a quote from The IT Crowd....

tumblr_lzv5f0I0Pz1qbs6ydo1_500.jpg

;)

bosmernagini

I read that in his voice! The IT Crowd is so awesome.

Shouldn't there be some sort of update to fix this kind of thing? It really sucks when this kind of thing happens. I also had the bug where you have to go to the Temple of Vaermina to solve Dawnstar's nightmare problems. You couldn't save or it would crash, so I had to sit through the dream sequence like a billion times.

Thanks for all your help and I will defo try stalking her to see what's up.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I read that in his voice! The IT Crowd is so awesome.

Shouldn't there be some sort of update to fix this kind of thing? It really sucks when this kind of thing happens. I also had the bug where you have to go to the Temple of Vaermina to solve Dawnstar's nightmare problems. You couldn't save or it would crash, so I had to sit through the dream sequence like a billion times.

Thanks for all your help and I will defo try stalking her to see what's up.
Welp, given that they're more focused on creating patches with Legendary mode and Xbox still has yet to see it....meh. I would love for the quest to get fixed, it's one of my faves. But I have a character who is still carrying around that amulet and it's pissing me off. :p

And I want Roy's entire t-shirt collection. Really bad, lol.

bosmernagini

The quest is pretty interesting. It's nice to have a 'break' from all the usual dungeon clearing. Quest items are so annoying sometimes. I understand why you can't get rid of them during the quest, but when it's finished?

OMG the t-shirts! :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts