Xbox 360 Biggest screw up

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JClarke1953

Okay, I began a new game, new char and headed different than my first one. But, when I looked for my "old" char, I couldn't find the "load" for it. Did I inadvertently eliminate my previous char somehow?

When I began a new game, I started from there, but now cannot seem to locate my old game. Hope I didn't use up all those hour's and stuff just to lose it so quickly.

AHHHH! I did lose it! I looked in the setting's and storage, then at the Skyrim icon, and everything I had is gone! Sure messed that up somehow, and I had thought beginning a new game would just put what I had separate. Guess not! All my $$$, my home's, my children! Gone!

JClarke1953

360. I more ore less figured it would do like my desktop when I played game's on it. It would keep the "old"game and start the new one on another file or something. I forgot, and had no idea that I would need a plug-in of some kind to store the old game.

On the bright side though, all I was doing was grinding for gold, getting fed up with how Bethesda set up the job's from the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild and the Castle as a Vampire Lord. Everything was the same thing over and over and over ad nauseum. And I had my char pretty much on the "dark side" I think anyway. I had thought something different or whatever would happen as a Vamp Lord, killer of Alduin, Guild Master, Arch-Mage and well know in most of the provinces.

So, I look at this as an opportunity to work my char in another direction, and see how thing's go. Perhaps I won't run into the many glitches I did and the quest's that "broke" or got stuck.

Junkie

How many saves do you have ? I keep 1 save per character on the Xbox, plus the 3 autosaves it keeps as you go in & out of places. If you have a lot of saves its possible it just lost in the mix. I saved over a character with another before, it got me so mad I didn't play for almost a week. That's when I started doing just 1 save per character, made it easier to keep track of.

jRi0T68

I backup my save from every day into the internal memory card, while the main drive is the HD. It prevents me from saving over files accidentally, and I have 3 or 4 files saved from different points in the game in case one becomes corrupt.

JClarke1953

Hmmm? Internal memory? I'll have to look and see, as I've never really gotten too far into the system. All I know is when I go into the drive like I would to dump the cache, I hit A on Skyrin, and all I see is what I've done with the new game.

I HAD hundred's of save's, but would dump them before quitting for the day. I STILL need to remember to save after a fast travel and before and after a fight. When I don't I get my butt handed to me, and I end having to redo a boatload of stuff I'd already done.

I should mention this was my son's 360, but when he went to Okinawa for 2-year's for the USMC, I took it over rather than let it sit. It's about 2-year's old, been on its side from the start, and kept pretty clean.

jRi0T68

I bought my xbox in 2007, I think. It came with a tiny amount of storage labeled "memory"in the system, then I bought a 60 gb hard drive that attaches to the left side once you remove the gray plastic grate.

Alternatively, you can format a usb drive to be compatible and store backup files there.

JClarke1953

Much thanks, I'll check into that. I do have a 90 gig. USB external hard drive. I have our iTunes and stuff on it, and still a boatload of room. I'll try plugging it in and see how it works. I've been more of a desktop guy, buy the part's, build it, do what over-clocking I can get away with and watch it fly. But it's been sitting doing nothing since I bought a laptop and iPad.

And I'm enjoying the heck outa my sons 360 while he's gone.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts