• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
So I finally decided to tackle the main quest line. I decided to try the hunter rout with a bit of a twist. Along with hunting and fishing for my main source of materials and goods to sell. I plan on hunt anything considered a monster or undead mainly Dragons and Dragon Priest. Think Ted Nugent meets Van Helsing. But I could use some tips or second opinions.

Here is what I have so far

Race: Imperial or Red Guard
Combat: Sword & Shield + archery + heavy armor
Magic: Not really sure. Probalby healing, maybe some rune spells(kinda like setting a trap)
Health:50% Stamina:40% Magic:10

Hi there u sound like an intense RP so here is my view:
Race: Woodelf, LORE states that they are a quick and nimble race perfect for the hunter and are very skilled marksman.
Combat: Main Priority is the bow and arrows, If u want to be a hunter you need to be self sufficient meaning you need to live off the land. Invest in alchemy and smithing to create your own weapons and armor and potions.
Stats: I would say no magicka bcoz u r a traditional hunter arent you? If u need probz a 70% STAMINA, yes stamina and 30% health. This is bcoz u will want to run after and chase your prey, and also bcoz u have ranged attacks health is int necessary.
Pretty much a Hunter lives off the land what u do as a hunter is how u live.
If u want to add extra flavour grab the follower meeko hes cool to have if u r to RP a hunter
Hopes this helps! =D Evenaar_Faal_Vulom - Check my blogs!

Did you want my opinion on a Perk run down 4 u? I too have made a pure bred hunter in Skyrim and it is alot of fun. I can tell u his perks and stats?

The Phoenician

It couldn't hurt. But I don't think I'm really going for a pure hunter build since I am purposefully going after creatures will for the most part be able to close in on be before I can finish them off with the bow and arrow

olofob

My opinion would be no shield. Go with a 2 handed weapon. Shield would weigh u down too much.

Also Wood Elf is good for a hunter.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Well i made him a self sufficient hunter feeding off the land.
My skills were:
Archery: Maxed out tree
Alchemy: Maxed out (becuase i really enjoyed finding my own ingredients)
Smithing: Maxed again (becuase i wanted to craft light armor but i also wanted to make weapons too)
Light Armor: Agile Defender 1/5, Custom fit, unhindered, Windwalker (which is all i really wanted)
Sneak: Stealth 1/5, backstab, deadly aim.
other than that i guess just invest in 1h, i agree that do not have a shield, but do not have a 2h i would recommend dual wielding for a fast of flurry of attacks.

AS you would of guessed play this as a stealth character firing opening shots from affar with poisoned tipped arrows and letting your companion chase in ahead of u to distract your foes.
Hope this helped.

The Phoenician

Thanks for the info. I guess I was think along the lines of a warrior/hunter hybrid but I'll definitely have to experiment with a pure hunter.

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
Investing a few perks in Enchanting may not be a bad idea either. Adding at least some fire damage to your bow will be helpful, especially with the trolls and frost dragons. And you know Uncle Ted would shoot flaming arrows at everything if he could.

I there is an enchantment that gives extra damage to animals. Not sure where to find it though. Maybe a woodcutters axe was imbued with it, cant remember.

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
I there is an enchantment that gives extra damage to animals. Not sure where to find it though. Maybe a woodcutters axe was imbued with it, cant remember.
Poacher's Axe does 3 extra points of damage, plus Kyne's Token would be a great addition. 10% reduced damage from animals and +5% damage with bows. Perfect for the hunter build.

RoG Delta

The absolute best place to hunt is the rift. Animals freaking everywhere. Sometimes I like to kick back, relax with some hide armor, iron helmet of course, a long bow, and some iron arrows and just hunt. Very relaxing

Invader Vin

I kinda think I have a feeling for what you're going for...archery is definitely in of course but it doesn't need to be your major focus if you don't want it to be. Any respectable big game hunter would surely equip themselves appropriately for their chosen prey and I figure a dragon hunter for instance would certainly carry a shield to ward off breath attacks and wear heavier armor for protection. The same would hold true for any other hunter of large beasts or dangerous prey such as mammoth hunters, giant slayers, vampire slayers etc.

If you happen to be playing on a pc, your options are perhaps even better as there are mods available which increase the number and value of animal hides and ingredients. Alchemy therefore makes a suitable option and fits the survivalist aspect of being a hunter living off the land plus you can also use the alchemy skill to create various poisons for taking down your prey. Also available on the pc are mods for spears which make a really nice weapon for big game hunters and there are also mods that will allow you to throw spears as well to even further add to gameplay. Finally there are mods which make sleep and food essential which further add to the survivalist aspect.

I like your idea about using magic traps, which is definitely unique and could be part of your character's "thing" if it suits you. It's plausible that anyone who makes their living hunting the undead,vampires or any other mythical beasts would have acquired some unique talents and skills along the way that would aid them.

The Phoenician

Yeah that's what I'm going for. I have side tracked on another build. But I have even gone as far as to display a troll skull or giants toe in my house after I kill one.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Just made a hunter build too. It's fun.

Maybe my stats will give you some ideas:
Race: Nord
Name: Harker
Magic: None
Weapons: Bow and dagger only
Carry-on: Heath and Stamina potions, my weapons, arrows.

Everything else; meats, pelts, other potions and loot are sold for Gold. I don't own a house so I sleep outside or at an inn. Eat at least 3 meals a day.

What system are you on. If you are on PC I would suggest getting some racial overhaul mods that make it so the race you choose affects how you can play the game, and not just how you look.

The Phoenician

I'm on Xbox

stagnant94

buy the house in Riften, that way you can go straight into sky rim from your house in one loading screen, hunt, put your stuff back in your house, and then sell it in town at the end of the week

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts