Best way to beat a dragon?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SwordSnipper

Hey I was wondering whats the best way to fight and beat a dragon? is it best to fight them with your sword or bow or magic? Just wondering what the best way is?

zombiejunkie

I usually use bow for my primary attack but to mix stuff up I attack with magic and sword/board but only if they are low health. Seeing the sword finisher is awesome! If you have the armor and hit points, I say dual wield!

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I always use the bow and arrow, sometimes finish them off with sword...but I prefer to keep my distance.

jramey

distance and cover with a bow seems to be the best till they cant fly anymore, then its whatever you prefer, just be sure to keep a healthy supply of health potions for those 'oh pl*ps' times

Tacocat

While leveling, especially on Master Level, I stick to my Bow/Arrow. (Who plays a leveling sub-25 Mage on Master Level?). The EASIEST way is to find a large pillar and stay behind it. When he's charging a Frost/Fire Breath, quickly get out of his line of sight via pillar.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
As a sword and board warrior i always run up in the dragons face and just pummel the living crap out of it. Any time it attempts to use it's shouts i give it a quick FUUS and just keep on smacking. Try to stay on it's sides so as to damage it's wings more. This will keep it on the ground and keep you from having to deal with a stupid flying lizard.

SkyrenRyuu

Above. Damaging the wings to stop it flying is FALSE!!! When it gets to a certain amount, it will crash into the ground if flying or it will just do a heavy landing. Best way of killing them? Trying diffrent Tactics. Dont use the same one twice. Most important of all...DONT NEGLECT THE DRAGON SHOUTS YOU HAVE!!!

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
Dragon Rend > Slice to death before it can get one bite on you.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
Dragon Rend > Slice to death before it can get one bite on you.
If you don't have Dragonrend, use a bow and or magic to lower its health while in the air, one it lands attack with melee weapons of your choice!

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
I despise fighting dragons on Master difficulty. I've only been able to kill 4 so far through my 18 hour playthrough. Those are because I had some NPCs/monsters tank for me. Every time I get hit with fire, I have to bust out all my potions and food. Worst thing is that I have found zero magic resistance items. I have fire resist but as soon as I enchanted a piece of armor, I came across a frost dragon :\ The cruel joke of irony always delves the deepest.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts