• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JClarke1953

Well, trying to figure where's the "best" place to be married and adopt. I've had a place in Whiterun, Falkreath, Markarth, Morthal, Solitude, Riften. Dawnstar I've never considered because it's too cold appearing. Falkreath and Morthal always had to worry about band it's or kidnapping's. Too bad we can't buy in Riverwood, and except for Whiterun, Falkreath and Solitude, there wasn't much in complaint's when I asked about the children (Riften with the Guild, Morthal with the swamp, Markarth with the prisoner mine and Forsworn).

But, I've yet to fight Alduin, the war, much less take a side. And am attempting to avoid "having" to join the Guild or Dark Brotherhood (except for Shadowmere. I do like that mount). And I'm still not with the DG as yet, although I know I don't want to be a Vamp Lord because once the perk tree is filled, and Harkon is dead, then what?

It's getting to be like watching a DVD. I've watched it several (or more) times, know what happens, but like watching it anyway. Same with Skyrim. One can pretty much "know" how thing's will play out, and then what?

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
best place to live i like whiterun even tho its a rubbish house the inn has always at least 12 people in it evry night whiterun just feels so alive compared to other citys. ure right its plops we cant buy in riverwood its heaven on earth in skyrim id give anything to be able to own a home there. the closest to riverwood would be lakeview manor but that was a let down so many bandit attacks etc and some people say its got a great view i think its a bloody let down why did they not stick lakeview manor much closer to the water.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Shadow King's got a point. Hjerim in Windhelm was my favorite for a while, too, and it works pretty well if you're a Stormcloak.

The best houses, IMO, are mod houses. There's one that puts a house in the Whiterun tundra which is an almost exact copy of the house in Solitude, and I like that one.

JClarke1953

I moved to Raven Rock. It has a damned forge in the basement!

Raven Rock? Where is that? I looked all over my Skyrim map "app" and it isn't listed. The biggest thing I liked about building my own was having smelter. But a forge is even better! Ore's can be mined or bought, then made into ingot's to take home to make whatever.

A "mod" house sounds like it'd be great, but, I have an XBox, and don't want to chance sneaker-netting a mod from my laptop to the XBox.

I Googled Raven Rock and found it isn't even in Skyrim. It's some island in the Morrowind area it seems. So, I wonder can I even get to it?

JClarke1953

Well, I'm guessing unless I buy earlier CD's of this game, I doubt there's a way I can get to it. I'm guessing Solitude might be best (although Real Estate is expensive). But there is a forge nearby, but I forget if there's a smelter there as well. I'll have to look when I play later on.

For me personally, having a place where there's not a huge worry of bandit's/Vampire kidnapping's, a tanning rack, a forge and smelter close by would be ideal. Then I can make armor, enchant it, sell or use it. And I think Whiterun is the only place as the forge is next door to Breezehome. I think I saw a smelter further back as well.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Raven Rock? Where is that? I looked all over my Skyrim map "app" and it isn't listed. The biggest thing I liked about building my own was having smelter. But a forge is even better! Ore's can be mined or bought, then made into ingot's to take home to make whatever.

A "mod" house sounds like it'd be great, but, I have an XBox, and don't want to chance sneaker-netting a mod from my laptop to the XBox.

I Googled Raven Rock and found it isn't even in Skyrim. It's some island in the Morrowind area it seems. So, I wonder can I even get to it?

Raven Rock is the main Town/Hub in the Dragonborn DLC :D

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
You would just need the DLC of Dragonborn off of the Steam Network (of course it's only out for Xbox at the moment)

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I moved to Raven Rock. It has a damned forge in the basement!
I LOVE that house. Weapons racks EVERYWHERE, bookshelves, tons of mannequins, ample place to store your stuff, OMG it's a kleptomaniac's DREAM....

The forge in the basement is pretty sweet too, I've made plenty of use of it...and with the arcane enchanter the next room over....ahhhhhhh! Heaven. :)

Ok, I'm done with my real estate fangirl swoon...

Ned

Nerevarine
So I'd need to get what preceded Skyrim in order to access Raven Rock?
Raven Rock is the first town you land in upon traveling to Slothshiem, the island the new expansion, Dragonborn takes place on.

You have to do several quests in the town, and eventually the house will be available to you. It's a small house that consists mostly of a huge basement, but it has a full forge with grindstone, workbench and smelter, an arcane enchanter and an alchemy lab all in the same area, so you finally have a place where you can quickly and easily do all of your crafting. It also has like 10 weapon plaques, 4 shield racks, 4 mannequins, and 10 weapon racks.

It's the best house by a landslide. Only downfall is that you have to take the boat there if you are in Skyrim.

JClarke1953

Well, I do have an XBox, tho' it's a couple of year's old (Black Box XBox). Of course I have Skyrim, as well as Dawnguard and Hearthside.

So, what is this Old N00b missing?

Ned

Nerevarine
Just go to your dashboard and look at the new game downloads. I'm pretty sure Dragonborn is like front page, right now. It cost 20 bucks, though.

JClarke1953

Ahhh crud! I don't have XBox Live is what! Guess I'll have to spend a few Septum's! How much is the download?

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Xbox Live does have a free version...you can't play multiplayer or voice chat or anything like that, but you will still be able to spend money on the Marketplace....

...suddenly, their marketing makes sense to me now.

JClarke1953

I don't do the multi-player thing anymore. WoW "broke" me of that, lol! But if there's an expansion on what I have now, guess I'll have to check it out. Wonder why or how I didn't see it.

Are there many bug's/glitches?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts