Best, of the three main builds?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
I was wondering, all in total what the is best out of mage, warrior and thief(Scout,anything with stealth, isnt necessarily a thief), Both Mage and warrior can over power the opponents with spell or force, but what is the most over-powered. Thief, is good, but isnt quiet as powerful in straight on fights, but it can as strong as the others.

Also what would be the most fun and more played.

xsneakyxsimx

Well, the way I see it, it's like Rock, Paper, Scissors. Warrior will be able to beat the Thief/Scout/Rouge, but can't touch the Mage, and Mage will be weak to the Thief/Scout/Rouge. That's how I see it anyway... :D

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
Warrior.

A Rogue is useless against a Dragon, by Rogue I mean a dagger wielding sneak-oriented player.

A Mage can be effective, but you're constantly running around spamming destruction spells, and can take awhile to kill a dragon, especially if you have bad aim.

With a Warrior, you run in, hit them 5 or 6 times, and they're dead.

I am basing my decision on their match ups against Dragons because that's the most difficult creature to fight, it's safe to say just about any other enemy in Skyrim has the ability of easily being defeated by either of those three classes.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Well, my mage can destroy dragons, Elder dragons in a few hits with lightning-bolt, which knocks them back and prevents them from attacking, along with dragonrend.

Reactions: Niq

Gunnbjorn

If we're talking end-game, with top quality skills and gear, yes - I think the Warrior and the Mage are both effective against dragons.

But if we're talking levels 1-20, the Mage is no match for the Warrior in terms of Dragon slaying.

The Iron Raven xvx

Ebony armor, by Ysmir, 'tis a wondrous sight...
For newbies, warriors are the best picks. You can practically find tons of melee weapons before you even leave Helgen, some bows and arrows while all you get for a mage is a Sparks Spell Tome. Warriors are the most user-friendly. One can easily obtain weapons and armor on almost every shop. Leveling is also quite easy as you only have your Stamina and Health to worry about.

When it comes to the higher leagues, I prefer going hybrid between mage and warrior. A warrior-mage can easily snuff out the other's weakness plus it gives your character an advantage on any range.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
A good sneaky archer can one shot a village without getting attacked at end game if perked and geared right.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Warrior.

A Rogue is useless against a Dragon, by Rogue I mean a dagger wielding sneak-oriented player.

A Mage can be effective, but you're constantly running around spamming destruction spells, and can take awhile to kill a dragon, especially if you have bad aim.

I am basing my decision on their match ups against Dragons because that's the most difficult creature to fight, it's safe to say just about any other enemy in Skyrim has the ability of easily being defeated by either of those three classes.

Until someone runs into a Battlemage... gods help us all.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
Warrior.

Not true, I've seen people kill dragons with one hit, or kill it with a bow. But Mages are very fun and powerful to! I think warriors get boring, but that's just me.

A Warrior is probably the most powerful within Reach. An Assassin (Theives have no offense besides Pickpocket Poison) is the most powerful if they see you first. A Mage/Archer (Artillery, the third leg of the combat tripod) are not as powerful but have Range Advantage, neither of the other two can hurt them without closing. Between the two, Archer tends to beat Mage because they have better Range, Armor, and Damage. Mages have higher RoF, more effects than straight out damage, and AoE.

It really just depends on the fight, and how you play. In a melee, or duel, the Warrior is generally best with the Armor to survive, and powerful weapons to finish them quickly. Against an Army, the Mage can hit the most at once, set them against each other, summon powerful allies, and raise the dead as they fall (But probably take an arrow, or two before dying.) For a single target without a fight, and Assassin can kill just about anything in 1 Hit. Against a Dragon, an Archer is generally your best bet.

And that's if you're playing a pure Archetype. There's no reason why a Warrior can't be good with a bow, a Wizard wear enough Armor to take the Glass out of the Cannon, or an Assassin use Magic. So, the most powerful is probably a Spellsword, or Battlemage, because they can beat any point on the Rochambeau by not playing their game.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Archery is really a thief skill, that's why the TG gives you a bow and the companions don't, so thieves are alright against a dragon. I've even snuck up and knifed a few at their lairs, as hard as it was.

Archery is really a thief skill, that's why the TG gives you a bow and the companions don't, so thieves are alright against a dragon. I've even snuck up and knifed a few at their lairs, as hard as it was.
It really depends on how you look at it. There is some overlap, for instance, Marksman is governed by the Theif Guardian Stone (For the purposes of training) but the Path of the Warrior in the Oghma Infinidim, and also for the Bard's College quests. That's one of the reasons why I counted the Archer as a 4rth Archetype, along with Destruction for damage at a distance. It's great for shooting down Dragons, but other wise about the middle of the Power curve in terms of Damage. Hand weapons do higher DPS because they strike faster, but Archery tends to be higher Damage per Strike because they count the Bow, and Arrows (All else being equal, Skill/Perks, Material Grade, and Smithing Rank.) This lends itself to the Assassin archetype, because the higher striking damage is multiplied by Deadly Aim, and you don't generally have to get as close. It's also a great delivery system for Poison with the Thief's craft of Alchemy. (Another overlap skill, Mages also mix up a lot of Potions.)

My point still stands that the most comprehensive build is probably going to take from all three archetypes, so that you have a good combination between Offense, Defense, as well as capability in a Melee, or dealing Damage at a distance. Therefore, you have some versatility in choosing the best weapons/techniques for every fight. While a Warrior is going to be the most powerful in the moshpit of a Melee, he's relatively weak surrounded by Archers, or slowed to a crawl by an Ice Mage who falls back out of reach with Ice Spikes. Fixing this can be as easy as switching to a Bow. How Powerful you are is so situational that I can't really say any one of the three (or 4) has a clear advantage under every circumstance. I suppose this was intentional Balance designed into the game.

Panthera

Don Gato
So where would you guys put me?

I max-out sneak, one-hand (dual - wielding), archery and light armor. When I'm in sneak mode I kill with dagger. If I'm detected I switch to dual-wielding swords (if I have elemental furry shout I speed up power attacks, which increases even more dps). And if enemy is too far I snipe them with bow while in sneak mode.

So what ever that class is I think that is the deadliest one! :D

*Btw can you also please tell me what class is it if you add illusion to all this which I mentioned above? My current character has it.

Gunnbjorn

I max-out sneak, one-hand (dual - wielding), archery and light armor. When I'm in sneak mode I kill with dagger. If I'm detected I switch to dual-wielding swords (if I have elemental furry shout I speed up power attacks, which increases even more dps). And if enemy is too far I snipe them with bow while in sneak mode.

*Btw can you also please tell me what class is it if you add illusion to all this which I mentioned above? My current character has it.

You are a Rogue, disregarding the one-handed swords every other skill is on the Thief side of the skill tree.

Adding Illusion would make you a hybrid, if you're just wondering what name is would be - I'm not sure.

But, either way - the topic is based on pure classes, so a hybrid can't be involved :p

Nightblade. The former is just an Assassin, well within the Theif sign, except the 1H. Not one of the 3 Guardian classes, but one of the 10, or so Classic (3rd Era) Classes. A Nightblade is a Magic Assassin, the classic workup includes Destruction, which I consider Optional. I like to substitute Alteration instead, for Detect Enemy, and Paralysis effects. Illusion is what makes them a Nightblade, for Invisibility, and Muffle.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I think it depends on circumstances, my sneaky assassin with x15 sneak attack damage + double sneak damage gloves = x30 sneak attack damage, add an improved and enchanted dragonbone dagger and you can 1 shot everything, also you have x3 archery sneak attacks with an enchanted and improved bow, most enemies you kill without being seen, even dragons go down easily with some fortify archery gear. You definitely deal the most damage as an assassin/rogue, unless you use exploits on a warrior.

Panthera

Don Gato
You are a Rogue, disregarding the one-handed swords every other skill is on the Thief side of the skill tree.

Adding Illusion would make you a hybrid, if you're just wondering what name is would be - I'm not sure.

But, either way - the topic is based on pure classes, so a hybrid can't be involved :p
Tnx that's what I wanted to know.

Nightblade. The former is just an Assassin, well within the Theif sign, except the 1H. Not one of the 3 Guardian classes, but one of the 10, or so Classic (3rd Era) Classes. A Nightblade is a Magic Assassin, the classic workup includes Destruction, which I consider Optional. I like to substitute Alteration instead, for Detect Enemy, and Paralysis effects. Illusion is what makes them a Nightblade, for Invisibility, and Muffle.

Hehe I was just checking up in UESPwiki classes from Morrowind and Oblivion. And just like you said from Morrowind aspect I'm a Nightblade... Not bad I like it.
Nightblade

• In-game Description: Nightblades are spellcasters who use their magics to enhance mobility, concealment, and stealthy close combat. They have a sinister reputation, since many nightblades are thieves, enforcers, assassins, or covert agents.
    • Specialization: Magic
    • Attributes: Willpower, Speed
  • Major Skills:
Mysticism
Illusion
Alteration
Sneak
Short Blade
  • Minor Skills:
Light Armor
Unarmored
Destruction
Marksman
Security

Hehe I was just checking up in UESPwiki classes from Morrowind and Oblivion. And just like you said from Morrowind aspect I'm a Nightblade... Not bad I like it.
Nightblade

• In-game Description: Nightblades are spellcasters who use their magics to enhance mobility, concealment, and stealthy close combat. They have a sinister reputation, since many nightblades are thieves, enforcers, assassins, or covert agents.
In Morrowind, they were Mages with a little Stealth, and 1H. There's no classes in Skyrim, but most of the builds I've seen (And made) are more Assassins with a little Magic. My Uber Build is 1H, Sneak, LA, Illusion, Alteration, and Alchemy (Pretty much in that order.)

Panthera

Don Gato
In Morrowind, they were Mages with a little Stealth, and 1H. There's no classes in Skyrim, but most of the builds I've seen (And made) are more Assassins with a little Magic. My Uber Build is 1H, Sneak, LA, Illusion, Alteration, and Alchemy (Pretty much in that order.)

I know that, that is why I checked in previous Elder Scroll games to see which class I matched.
I always said I'm an assassin class... now I'm nightblade class. ^^

EDIT: What lvl are you if you have all those skills?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts