• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Frickin Faendal at Sovngarde : "Riverwood is agreeable enough... for a Nord village."

I always hated that he will come and visit my house that I bought with my hard earned money, and going to Camillia and not even having the balls to talk to her, just sitting there in my reading chair just looking at my wife from a distance.

uploadfromtaptalk1403322345991.jpg

sahkrahfaas

Any follower I find is better than me at killing mages :|
Derkeethus, Jenassa, Lydia... I must have a weakness to magic or something! I always have to freeze them to pick them off one at a time! They're able to kill Briarhearts in a couple of hits when I have to freeze them and smack them endlessly with my TWO enchanted ebony swords, and they have nothing better than glass. This is why I never play as a Breton.

sahkrahfaas

Me? Tower (I suck at lockpicking). I use Ice Form to freeze things. I can't decide if that, Unrelenting Force or Slow Time is my favourite shout to use against loads of stuff, like a Karthspire Camp's worth of Forsworn.

sahkrahfaas

My Argonian mage character (level nine or something) had Faendal as a follower, and he died battling a chaurus. Speaking of chaurus and Argonians, my other Argonian, a smith with about level 50 Smithing and is level seven or eight and had nothing except for a blacksmith apron and iron boots and gauntlets actually managed to kill about 5 Falmer and 3 chaurus to get at Derkeethus. I had to reload so many times. It's nothing compared to cliff racers invading cities in Vvardenfell to kill me while paying for a ride on a Silt Strider, though.

I've always like Faendal and usually pick him up as my first follower, but on this play through I decided I wouldn't use them, except in specific situations (some dungeons and the civil war, I think). One of the mods I've got installed allows you send followers out on their own - they can even accept do some quests (bounty ones especially). I decided that having a follower wandering and doing his own adventures was in the spirit of my rules so sent him on his way.

I got a few bounty quests which Faendal bravely accepted and I got an occasional notification that he'd accepted them, then messages to tell me that he'd been defeated, usually followed by telling me that he'd succeeded and in some occasions claimed the reward. I'd sometimes bump into him on the roads and we'd swap war stories...

To be honest, I'd forgotten about the plucky little fella until I got a notification that he'd been killed. Then the courier tracked me down and gave me an inheritance. Nice that he was still thinking of me. I can't help but think that maybe if I'd given him some decent equipment and not stolen most of his then he would have survived.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts