• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
The best I know off for me is Mjoll the Lioness, found in Riften, she's invincible and a threatening figure with Dragon weapons and Daedric armour. However, my faviroute is Serena, she's just awesome.

Mini Mongo

You should have been able to have more than one follower. Like, I know you can for certain missions but I'm talking about ALL THE TIME. I want to always have a band of like 3 or 4 people with me. Idk it's just something they should have incorporated.
That would be to overpowering, that's the problem. Game balance.

Roxiraav

That would be to overpowering, that's the problem. Game balance.
Lol what? So it's cool for me to run alone into a fortress of like, three dozen bandits but as soon as I want two followers it's overpowering?

Setting the game difficulty to Novice could technically make you and even one follower "overpowering". There's no set difficulty to the game so I don't understand how anything you do can be overpowering, at least to an extent Bethesda wouldn't include it.

Mini Mongo

Lol what? So it's cool for me to run alone into a fortress of like, three dozen bandits but as soon as I want two followers it's overpowering?

Setting the game difficulty to Novice could technically make you and even one follower "overpowering". There's no set difficulty to the game so I don't understand how anything you do can be overpowering, at least to an extent Bethesda wouldn't include it.
Yes, there's a fortress full of bandits, that you alone, at the right level, could easily destroy. Unless of course you really suck at the game, but I doubt you'd be here if that was the case. I can play on master, and take out a fortress of bandits in minutes if I want to, depending on the size. Look, true fans get to high levels, and at high levels, having 4-5 followers (which is what you originally stated I believe, sorry fi Im wrong bud :p) would be too far, 2 is maybe good, but it could still be one to many at a high level. Just a opinion though, are you stating this through a high level or low level btw?

MrDSL

I think having multiple followers would have been nice for end game content. Of course they would need to up the difficulty of some badies in certain areas but it would have been nice.

Kinda like how you can Dragon hunt with the Blades there is like 5 of you fighting if you bring a follower. Even on master the Dragons arent hard enough.

Back on topic though...I am really enjoying my friend Teldryn Sero. Give him a good sword and he is a monster. I love watching him finish people off and he uses spells for long distance.

Looks good in his dark Morag Tong Legendary armor also!

I like Lioness also but she talks too damn much and its always during when someone else in a quest is trying to talk to me so she had to go into the Blades.

Roxiraav

Yes, there's a fortress full of bandits, that you alone, at the right level, could easily destroy. Unless of course you really suck at the game, but I doubt you'd be here if that was the case. I can play on master, and take out a fortress of bandits in minutes if I want to, depending on the size. Look, true fans get to high levels, and at high levels, having 4-5 followers (which is what you originally stated I believe, sorry fi Im wrong bud :p) would be too far, 2 is maybe good, but it could still be one to many at a high level. Just a opinion though, are you stating this through a high level or low level btw?

No you're right it was 3 - 5 or something, too lazy to look back :p. Idk what level my guy is like level 26 or something but it shouldn't matter. I've had level 50's and I still wish the same thing. If you really want to be that much of a bad-ass and do it by yourself, be a bad-ass and do it by yourself. I just think the fact that we don't even have the option is something in itself, regardless of level. They could have done it like your follower's level or whatever can only be so high. If you have two, this level is divided by two and equally distributed between them. If you have three, it's divided by three and so on.

Also, most people who play Skyrim aren't "experts" at it. No one's gonna make a game and try to gear it more towards experts than first time players, because everyone is going to be a first time player at some point, know what I mean? That's why I think they should have implemented multiple followers, and the "experts" or whatever can just choose to walk alone. Or even better, if you have the game on anything after say Apprentice, you're not able to have more than one follower.

Anyway the point is they don't have it so I'm just gonna have to suck it up and bad-ass my way through certain temples.

Moris

Mini Mongo

No you're right it was 3 - 5 or something, too lazy to look back :p. Idk what level my guy is like level 26 or something but it shouldn't matter. I've had level 50's and I still wish the same thing. If you really want to be that much of a bad-ass and do it by yourself, be a bad-ass and do it by yourself. I just think the fact that we don't even have the option is something in itself, regardless of level. They could have done it like your follower's level or whatever can only be so high. If you have two, this level is divided by two and equally distributed between them. If you have three, it's divided by three and so on.

Also, most people who play Skyrim aren't "experts" at it. No one's gonna make a game and try to gear it more towards experts than first time players, because everyone is going to be a first time player at some point, know what I mean? That's why I think they should have implemented multiple followers, and the "experts" or whatever can just choose to walk alone. Or even better, if you have the game on anything after say Apprentice, you're not able to have more than one follower.

Anyway the point is they don't have it so I'm just gonna have to suck it up and bad-ass my way through certain temples.
Yeah that would be a cool implemented feature, and sorry I know what you mean I cant remember my point with the high level stuff XD I mean, if that was the case, I would still play on Master, just to have a bunch of awesome stealthy character follow me would be awesome....but man, imagine how much they would talk -_-

Roxiraav

Yeah that would be a cool implemented feature, and sorry I know what you mean I cant remember my point with the high level stuff XD I mean, if that was the case, I would still play on Master, just to have a bunch of awesome stealthy character follow me would be awesome....but man, imagine how much they would talk -_-

Looooool good point. Constant chatter, that would be annoying af. I find some of the things my one follower says are super annoying, especially when they say it like 3 times in the span of a minute. I know you've never been to Whiterun Erandur... you said that last time we came here.

You should have been able to have more than one follower. Like, I know you can for certain missions but I'm talking about ALL THE TIME. I want to always have a band of like 3 or 4 people with me. Idk it's just something they should have incorporated.
Necromancy. Once you have Twin Souls, and Dead Thralls, it's doable. Also, the DBHI glitch, or if you're on PC it's moddable.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
Teldryn sero, and my all time fav is Kharjo, I have spent 120+ hours with him, if he were to die Skyrims population would decrease 90%

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!

I recently bought the PC edition of Skyrim and thankfully I can now play with a few followers.

I usually venture with Aela, Lydia, Jenessa and my older sister Mjoll!! :D

I usually venture with Aela, Lydia, Jenessa and my older sister Mjoll!! :D
Now that's a Party! 2 archers, Tank, and Turtle, that should be able to handle just about anything on their own! (All those Heavies, console users could make 3 of them Blades, and keep Jenassa as a main Follower.) I'd throw either Belrand, or Eola in there for some Magick, unless you're playing the wizard, but that looks like a damned fine team you got there.

Cazimir

I'm having a difficult time using anyone but Erik The Slayer. I snipe from a distance while he closes in and chops up enemies with that giant axe of his. I also like his story in-game and the fact that he's named after a fan. He's pretty chatty too, though I do admit that I'm getting a little tired of hearing about his plan to go to Hammerfell and how he thought he might miss farming.

I'm having a difficult time using anyone but Erik The Slayer. I snipe from a distance while he closes in and chops up enemies with that giant axe of his. I also like his story in-game and the fact that he's named after a fan. He's pretty chatty too, though I do admit that I'm getting a little tired of hearing about his plan to go to Hammerfell and how he thought he might miss farming.
You can have him attack in Follower Commands, just point at the target, and let him go. Even if you're a Stealth character, you can get a sneak shot off before he arrives, and raises the alarm. Just don't shoot the one he's targeting, or he'll turn around, and run back if it dies.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
Now that's a Party! 2 archers, Tank, and Turtle, that should be able to handle just about anything on their own! (All those Heavies, console users could make 3 of them Blades, and keep Jenassa as a main Follower.) I'd throw either Belrand, or Eola in there for some Magick, unless you're playing the wizard, but that looks like a damned fine team you got there.

Yeah, I'm a Fire Mage/Healer at the minute, very strange combination but very fun :D

Standing at the back of the pack using my healing spells, it's too much win to comprehend!! :D :D

Yeah, I'm a Fire Mage/Healer at the minute, very strange combination but very fun :D

Standing at the back of the pack using my healing spells, it's too much win to comprehend!! :D :D
I did an entire playthrough with nothing but Lydia, and Restoration (Ok, Shouts, too.) She took down everything by herself, I just kept her off her knee. Pretty fun way to experience the main quest.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I did an entire playthrough with nothing but Lydia, and Restoration (Ok, Shouts, too.) She took down everything by herself, I just kept her off her knee. Pretty fun way to experience the main quest.
It certainly is awesome to let others do your dirty work, you just clean them up afterwards :D

DRTBAG

I understand, but if you get high enough with conjuration you can have thralls. I had 2 thralls, a dog & took esbern around for a while, so that's 5. Then we went & got delphine so that's 6, granted after the quest those 2 are gone, but doing Karthspire with all those people fighting........man that was epic!! It was hectic too. I was emagining how a battle like that would be for real. Just trying to stay alive & help your commrads........man..the adrenaline rush during & after would be massive! Anyways, I didn't find it overpowering unless it was animals or weaker humanoids. I had a bandit chief & Umana as thralls & I'm an archer so I usually let them( as if I had a choice) take care of my "light work ".:D. Oh....& my favs are Eola & Aela, then Lydia.

-Mir-

Professional milk-drinker
Faendal. <3
Cicero.

^(Only because they are my true loves.... Though I can't really see me having much of a future with the psycho one... xD )

But anyway... My FAVORITE follower is Barbas. He's awesome, but he's certainly not the best. I love him (much more than my dumb useless housecarl) but he is obnoxious and has no concept of personal space.

I can't think of who the "best" is though, and I'm nowhere near 'completing' the game. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts