Being the Dovakiin can be exhausting...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Docvoodo

So there I was, Grog the Orc, fresh out of Helgen, Stormcloak blood fresh on my axe. After walking around for awhile, I arrived in Riverwood, helped resolve a love triangle in the favor of my fellow elf. I walked with my new found friend down to Whiterun after speaking to Alvar. We arrived in Whiterun and after we encountered the Jarl and were sent on our quest to retrieve the Dragonstone.

Faster forward to Windstad Manor, post main quest, I was coming home to deposit all the dragon bones/scales I would need be crafting a brand new set of dragon scale for my follower at the time, Aela. What do I witness when I come home? Do my children run up and ask for money like usual, does my wife want to tell me for the thousandth time she is deciding to open up a store, is my steward out mining for clay all day and night? No, instead I come up to find Rayya, Faendal, and Uthgerd engaged in combat against what you might ask? Well I'll tell you. A group of bandits was raiding my home, (at night its vampires instead) and a giant were attempting to kill us all. During the fight, the giant was on its last legs when I felt the flesh roasting off of me. I turn around to spot a Elder Dragon perched upon my house. I shouted "Nevermore!" at that dragon right before I unleashed Dragonrend. The beast was flew off and landed on the ground. Before I knew it, I was absorbing a dragon soul, looting the fallen bandits, and Fus Ra Dohing the giant off my property.

This happens almost every single time I come home, and after cleaning up the mess, I just go and check on my family as I've done countless times before. When I receive my share of gold from Uthgerd, I ask about our kids, to which she replies talking about how she is tired of fending off bears and spiders and such, asking why we can't move else where. My response? "Because I'm the Dovakiin." Before exiting and giving that dragon a swift kick on my way to my next adventure.

What are your stories, how have you felt being the Dovakiin; is it draining, rewarding, or exciting? I certainly feel it is for me.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Ah yes, Winstad Manor, the place where anything can happen. Usually on the weird side of the tracks.

Just last night I was in Winterhold on a stormy/snowy night. Que the blood dragon. It lands on top of the Inn and I am firing arrows into it and what do I see? An Elder dragon sailing overhead.. now there are two. Yay (she says sarcastically) It made for some good happy snaps later though, until one guard comes up to me and asks me to stop all that shouting as it's scaring the locals. PFFFT! I just saved your pitiful little town from TWO dragons, I will shout all I want!

KritikalPT

Let me tell you a tale of the mighty Orc Makgath, slayer of dragons extraordinaire and champion of the people, and his fall from grace.

It was a peaceful day near the town of Riverwood; birds chirping, fish swimming and the smell of freshly cut logs, ready to be burned for the coming cold night. Makgath noticed that he needed some extra leather to continue employing his favorite hobby: making and selling weapons for the townsfolk, so that they could arm themselves, for both protection as well as hunting. Hunting stealthy, however, was not his forté, as he wasn't very good at it. I dare say he was quite clumsy and noisy, as he never realized that his heavy armor produced a lot of noise, hence breaking the word "stealth" with a sickening crack. Fed up of doing, what he claimed as "impossible", he switched tactics by running and screaming and shouting at the top of his lungs, hopefully catching his prey. He did not succeed, as one might imagine.

Not only he spent hours fruitlessly hunting for pelts, but all the noise caused attracted a couple of dragons, either because they thought it would have been just another regular hunt for food, or maybe because he was being too loud and they had to put him down. So they flew towards Riverwood, and immediately the villagers started to panick and shouting "Dragon!". A normal man would tremble at just the sight of such colossal being and be completely paralyzed by fear, others would run towards the safety of their houses, but we're talking about Makgath: two parts screaming, one part courage and seven parts stupidity. The dragons weren't expecting someone could be so dumb as to run towards them, but they didn't also expect a swift and heavy strike across their faces from an axe, and soon they lifted from the ground and Shouted at him with all their might.

It was a long and violent struggle from both parties, both battered, bruised and bleeding, but there could be only one victor. Soon enough, after dozens of arrows and swings from all kinds of bladed weapons, one of the mighty beasts fell. This relentless orc was close to victory and he had his eyes on the prize: their bones, their scales, and of course, still being able to breathe. The second dragon, however, not to be intimidated, swooped down from the skies, intending to grab his target, fly high and let him go, but it was not so; quick on his feet he ran away from the beast's path and brandished a big two-handed axe, with its virgin sharp blade ready to be tested and baptized in blood.

The overgrown lizard grew arrogant, thinking that the "puny orc" would have been too tired by now, and now wielding such a big weapon would tire him out further, rendering him vulnerable and unable to fight, and thus decided to land on solid ground, ready to make its final stand. Landing on solid ground and taking a deep breath, ready to spew forth jet of flames, Makgath rose his weapon high into the air, light bouncing off the blade, and ran straight into the beast's mouth, jumped, and with one final downwards swing, he cut deep into its skull, killing it instantly.

This was a victorious moment for him; he roared loudly, causing the villagers to open their windows and gaze and the battleground. The fight took its toll, however, and his hands started to lose their grip on the mighty axe, falling right on top of a wandering chicken. Everyone gasped at the sight, women hiding their faces behind fabrics of cloth, the men covering the children's eyes with their hands, and one voice in the back stood out from the crowd: "Murderer! You'll pay for that!". Makgath, however, was oblivious to what just happened, still looking at what he accomplished, but it didn't lasted long. With a firm pat to the shoulder, one man said "You have broken the law; come with me, or you'll die as a criminal". The long arm of the law had caught his for his crimes. Makgath wouldn't dare to hit a guard, lest he would have more problems, and so he surrendered.

And thus ends the tale of Makgath, the mighty, albeit dimwitted, slayer of dragons, now rotting inside Whiterun's dungeon as a punishment for his wrongdoings.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Let me tell you a tale of the mighty Orc Makgath, slayer of dragons extraordinaire and champion of the people, and his fall from grace.

>SNIP<

And thus ends the tale of Makgath, the mighty, albeit dimwitted, slayer of dragons, now rotting inside Whiterun's dungeon as a punishment for his wrongdoings.

And thus forever was he known, not as Makgath the Dragon Slayer, but..
"That Orc who murdered our chicken"

Docvoodo

Was in Riften, crafted Dragon Plate armored for brother Verulus, I drop it all and order him to pick it up: Mjoll and Aerin come over and fight to the death over it....good times.

Docvoodo

If I had had a septim for every time something hilarious/weird happened in Skyrim, I would give Maven Black Briar a run for her money (My game is glitch, even with the Legendary edition).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts