Becoming the Sexiest Vampire (EVAR)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Calling all vampire PRO's! I recently started an illusionist/sneak assassin that I intend to turn into a bad-ass vampire. I'm here to get some pro tips and ask a few questions of vampire veterans. I know all the basic stuff about vampirism (feeding, the stages, bonuses, negative effects, ect.) but I'm looking to make my Vampire character beast to its full potential. I have a couple questions first off:
  1. Is it worthwhile to invest the perks to get the "Necromage" perk. I was reading about the benefits that having this perk can have to your character since vampires technically count as undead, but is it worth it? And why?
  2. Would it be worthwhile to invest in the destruction tree for ranged attacks? I also heard that the vampire drain spell counts as a Destruction spell? Is that true, and does it make the destruction tree valuable to a vampire?
  3. This is more a question about illusion magic in general: I was reading something on the wiki and it said since you cannot duel-cast master level illusion spells that the lower level spells are actually capable of affecting higher level NPC's. Is this true?
  4. My character is a Dunmer (for the innate fire resist ability) How much fire-resist enchanted gear should I have? Is it even that necessary?
  5. How much more benefitial is stage 4 as compared to stage 1?
Any more sexy pro tips for me? Shoot them my way! Thanks in advance to anybody who helps :D

Train

Is that all you got?!
Looks like you already know what you're doing with this character. One tip I have is to not become a vamp until you're at a higher level, 20 at least, but I guess you wont suffer too much since your fire resistance will be helping a ton. Only thing that I see that's good about stage 4 is the invisibility, other than that it's a pain to constantly have to stay away from people. What I'm seeing is that the Necromage perk with vampirism is devastating to all who oppose you...not sure exactly how it helps, haven't tried it, but it does supposedly...either that or just show them some melons...both are about equal I'd say! Bwahaha!

The drain spell didn't seem to help me much as a vamp, maybe there's something I don't know, but from what I could tell it wasn't getting better as I increased destruction. Doesn't give you enough health, nor does it hurt the baddies much. The fire resist from the dunmer will solve most of your troubles until stage 4, I think that gives a -75 fire resist, so at that point having some gear will help, I think stage three is -50, so you're dunmer's natural risistance will merely be canceled out.

Whatever you do, don't get in a serious fight outside during the day, health, stamina and magic will not recharge naturally; however, they will recharge from enchantments, they just won't do it on their own. With the right perks, lower level Illusion magicks are very powerful, not sure if they're as powerful dual casted as higher ones are normal, that's a question for someone else.

Golgo_SPB

1. I think it's worth it, it's probably the best thing about being a vamp. strengthens armor enchants that are worn, stone powers, etc.
2. vampiric drain doesn't raise the destruction skill, but if you want a far range offense destruction is a decent choice especially if you have illusion silent casting.
3. yes I believe dual casting illusion spells will make it work on NPCs of a higher level than what the spell says it can be used on. This makes master level illusion spells not very useful unless you want a wider area effect.
4. If you're sneaking and you have illusion I don't think you need the extra fire resist.
5. Not much benefits to being level 4 other than having a cool power.

Don't forget you have unlimited night eye, although activating it breaks your invisibility for some reason. Time management is important too, sucks when you hit level 4 without realizing it and you just fast traveled to a hold during the day. The house for Riften is a nice house to have since it leads outside the hold as well, if you ever get to level 4 and you're having a hard time finding some blood just go into your home and tell your housecarl to go to sleep. also hall of the dead priests go to bed early and they're never closed!

Train

Is that all you got?!
I had no idea that housecarls didn't react to level 4...Golgo FTW!

Golgo_SPB

I believe the dark brotherhood don't mind either. I remember transforming into a werewolf in front of my housecarl and she didn't care at all

Train

Is that all you got?!
I believe the dark brotherhood don't mind either. I remember transforming into a werewolf in front of my housecarl and she didn't care at all

That's because she knew better than to mess with Golgo:

I did read that the Dark Brotherhood and Thieve's Guild will not turn hostile to you at stage 4, so they are easy to feed on. But they will probably get mad if they catch me feeding :p Housecarls are safe too? Nice! Muahahahahaha

Chokain

Illusion is your friend. U can calm all thos townfolk trying to burn u at the stake, then simply go invis and slink off into the shadows to preform whatever unholy acts you desire.

I have a vampy very similar to yours I didn't find destruction very useful and opted for conjured bow for range. Also conj fits with vampy theme as u can eventualy get undead thralls

The drain health spell is not worth useing.

As for houses, id sudgest riften just because u can enter it from outside of the city.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Calling all vampire PRO's! I recently started an illusionist/sneak assassin that I intend to turn into a bad-ass vampire. I'm here to get some pro tips and ask a few questions of vampire veterans. I know all the basic stuff about vampirism (feeding, the stages, bonuses, negative effects, ect.) but I'm looking to make my Vampire character beast to its full potential. I have a couple questions first off:
  1. Is it worthwhile to invest the perks to get the "Necromage" perk. I was reading about the benefits that having this perk can have to your character since vampires technically count as undead, but is it worth it? And why?
  2. Would it be worthwhile to invest in the destruction tree for ranged attacks? I also heard that the vampire drain spell counts as a Destruction spell? Is that true, and does it make the destruction tree valuable to a vampire?
  3. This is more a question about illusion magic in general: I was reading something on the wiki and it said since you cannot duel-cast master level illusion spells that the lower level spells are actually capable of affecting higher level NPC's. Is this true?
  4. My character is a Dunmer (for the innate fire resist ability) How much fire-resist enchanted gear should I have? Is it even that necessary?
Any more sexy pro tips for me? Shoot them my way! Thanks in advance to anybody who helps :D

Hi, I hope this helps:

1. Yes. Although I never obtained that perk my first time around, I hear it is a great perk to have as a vampire.
2. Yes. When the Bow fails, an nice firebolt to the face works just fine. :) Vampires are a great choose for Necromancers or Mages builds, but you can be a vampire warrior if you wish, I did. The Vampire Drain is a Destruction spell, but it's effects are, for a lack of a better work, lame. You can Dual Cast it to increase the amount of life you drain from your enemy, but it's not a lot. Visually, the reddish, violet color looks awesome though.
3. No idea? :sadface: Sorry.
4. About 25% more at all times. My Nordic Vampire at Stage 1 could stand in front of a Frost Dragon and take his breath like it was air. Nords have a 50% resistance to cold and vamprisim, at Stage 1, gave me another 25%, I assume the same logical would apply to your Dunmer Vampire in regards to fire resistance.
5. Your resistance to frost is now 100% but so is your weakness to fire. Sunlight has more of a negative effect on you via Vitals. Your powers fully awaken. Vampire Servant can now reanimate a stronger corpse. The Vampire Drain absorbs 5 points of health for a total of 10 when Duel Casting (not much of an effect). The best power a vampire can have at Stage 4, Embrace of Shadows. This power gives you invisibility and night vision for 180 seconds. Stage 4 is a vampire at full power, but it's weakness are a crippling factor. If you're familiar with Dragonball Z, Stage 4 vampire is equivalent to SSJ3, powerful, but not a logical form to use.

A nice power to have at any stage of Vamprisim is the Shadowcloak of Nocturnal. You can choose this power after completing the Thieves Guild quest. This will allow the player to go invisible ANY time of the day, once a day, for 120 seconds. It's better than The Embrace of Shadows power simply because you can keep activating it once it's cast. The Embrace of Shadows will deactivate if you are touched or even by opening a door, rendering you visible. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait another 24 hours just to use it again. The Shadowcloak of Nocturnal will also deactivate if you do the same thing(s) as Embrace, but you can activate it again by crouching down. It is reusable for the entire duration, Embrace isn't.

Watch the habits of your prey. Notice what time of the night they go inside. Watch the guards, recon their route to better avoid them when breaking into a house to feed. The best times to feed are 2am-4am. It's almost guaranteed your prey will be sleeping by then.

Become a vampire in your mind to enjoy the experience as this form is very tedious and challenging. Best stage to remain is Stage 3 in my opinion. The vampires powers are almost capped off. Feed before you knowingly go against any Dragons, Mages or Forsworn as most will use fire based attacks on you. If you want a challenge, fight a Fire Dragon during the day at Stage 4 w/out fire resistant armor or potions. That'll really test your skills.:)

Oh and if you're ever attacked or about to engage the enemy, before you pull out your weapons, quickly, zoom in on your characters face. Their fangs will be bare, face gaunt with rage. Very evil looking. ;)

Have fun!

Punz

Pete

My vampires always had an Achilles heel - Fire. Being a Dunmer kinda takes the wind out of the sails for me. There's nothing like being scared as hell when your suddenly attacked by a fire attack.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
129045286818182848.jpg

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
My vampires always had an Achilles heel - Fire. Being a Dunmer kinda takes the wind out of the sails for me. There's nothing like being scared as hell when your suddenly attacked by a fire attack.

For real. No matter what level I achieved or the amount of fire resistant armor and potions I had. Seeing fire always caused me to panic. It adds to the experience and challenge, but man live, it'll make you second guess going into battle.

MoulinRouge

My current character is a vampire, and that necromage perk is extremely useful. All enchantments including shrine blessings, potions, armor/apparel enchantments etc. are 25% more powerful(Magicka regenerates 125% faster with the Morokei mask). And all spells you cast on yourself are also more powerful. If you want to use exploits then this perk is also worthwhile. As far as the fire weakness,it is possible to offset this with alchemy(I invested 5/5 perks in alchemy that would give me close to 200 fire resist) or just stack up on resist fire potions.

My current character is a vampire, and that necromage perk is extremely useful. All enchantments including shrine blessings, potions, armor/apparel enchantments etc. are 25% more powerful(Magicka regenerates 125% faster with the Morokei mask). And all spells you cast on yourself are also more powerful. If you want to use exploits then this perk is also worthwhile. As far as the fire weakness,it is possible to offset this with alchemy(I invested 5/5 perks in alchemy that would give me close to 200 fire resist) or just stack up on resist fire potions.
Sweet, thanks for that info ;)

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Don't forget to take the 'big hair perk' from the 'brooding look tree'.

Don't forget to take the 'big hair perk' from the 'brooding look tree'.
I better invest in the "sparkling skin" and "god-like facial features" perks too :eek:

Fate

>Living, Loving, Learning<

1. Ive never heard of the necro perk granting you anything additionally as a vampire, however I havnt taken much time to work on one myself so that would be a decision you yourself would have to make. But as per the yes or No part I would say No because those perks apply to necro spells (Summons and such) not perks for the character itself being undead. I guess what Im trying to say here is that the necro perk actually doesnt do much for a vampire, it does more for those looking to gain a living off summoning undead, not being undead themselves.

-----------

2.I would go arrows seeing as how stage 4 vampires can disappear and I personally believe its cooler for people NOT to see you rather than to see a floating fireball that randomly starts coming their way (Hilarity) And I personally dont think it would effect the drain spell because its actually more an ability than it is a skill... If you get my drift.

----------

3. YES, I do it all the time with my master mage, hes a level 81 high elf that is master of all magics and it does effect higher level characters than the master spells

----------

4.You can have as much as you want, just keep in mind stage 4 vampires suffer a 100% decrease in fire res and ALSO keep in mind that even if you manage to equalize it you will still be weakened by the sun... So... Your call

---------

5. I would stay stage one vs stage 4, sure stage 4 is technically stronger but stage 1 dont get the massive debuff from stage 4 fire res and they also dont suffer from the sun.. Just my thoughts.

But good luck on your assassin/vamp

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts