PC Bandit Chief not levelling properly

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Silk Zither

Recently I upgraded to the latest patch and all the dlcs. However, I noticed that I am able to raise bandit chiefs with the novice level raise zombie spell. I don't recall this ever been possible. When I checked the bandit level with the console, it says lvl 6, and it has been staying at that level despite my character now being lvl 15.

Is this a bug? If so, the only thing I believe that can affect this is the latest patch or the latest unofficial skyrim patch, the only two things I updated recently.

Any ideas? Thanks.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Recently I upgraded to the latest patch and all the dlcs. However, I noticed that I am able to raise bandit chiefs with the novice level raise zombie spell. I don't recall this ever been possible. When I checked the bandit level with the console, it says lvl 6, and it has been staying at that level despite my character now being lvl 15.

Is this a bug? If so, the only thing I believe that can affect this is the latest patch or the latest unofficial skyrim patch, the only two things I updated recently.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Wait until you reach a higherlevel and then check them again

Silk Zither

[/quote]Wait until you reach a higherlevel and then check them again[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I did wait for a couple of levels and am now lvl 15. I also just loaded another character I did who was lvl 27, but a randomly encountered bandit chief is still lvl 6...

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Wait until you reach a higherlevel and then check them again[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I did wait for a couple of levels and am now lvl 15. I also just loaded another character I did who was lvl 27, but a randomly encountered bandit chief is still lvl 6...[/quote]Well the bandit chief should be level 21 now, I have the Skyrim official game guide and and they should have started leveling up at once you whent past level 10, they stop leveling at level 28, I do belive you may have an problem but tell me you say you have the Unofficial Patch Correct so you must have it on PC am I right because their is a mod that can Stop all Scaling in skyrim so you will encounter powerful enemies and weak enemies, That is the only Solution I can come up with

Silk Zither

Thanks again. I'm on PC, and besides all the dlc and unofficial patches, the only mods I have are a few weather mods and skyui. I don't believe weather mods can affect leveling of npc characters. So the only thing I can think of that can affect leveling is the recent patch or unofficial patches from nexus. Other than that, it may be the effect of mod cleaning using tes5edit, as recently I cleaned the latest patch and dlcs.

I was just wondering if anyone here has encountered similar issues after updating to the latest patch, so I can rule out a few possibilities, as there has been reports of new bugs introduced into the latest patch.

Nighthiker77

Almost definitely due to the "cleaning". We're you trying to fix anything in particular? I run all the unofficial patches and there isn't anything I've run into that needs to be fixed.

Silk Zither

Almost definitely due to the "cleaning". We're you trying to fix anything in particular? I run all the unofficial patches and there isn't anything I've run into that needs to be fixed.

Fixed! You're right, its the cleaning, stupid BOSS recommendation. I reinstalled the patch and dlcs. Bandit chief now levels with my character.

Thanks!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts