Xbox 360 background noise after black book quest

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I did a black book quest earlier today and when I got back to solstheim I started experiencing this constant crackling noise in the background. I tried waiting, sleeping, and fast traveling and none of these seemed to fix it. Anyone have this same problem and know how to fix it?

JClarke1953

Is your char a Mage? Or your follower? I experience the same thing at times, especially when I use Thunderbolts or Fire. I generally shut down the XBox and sound system my XBox goes through (Sony Surround), and that usually works.

The crackling sound I figured was coming from my casting hand, I use my right to Conjure a Lord, my left to cast Destruction, and at times I'll hear crackling on my left speaker's. Or if my Follower has a Staff that use Lighting or Sparks. Or Fire, I'll hear it crackling until I have her sheath it or I take it.

For me on the origination of the crackling I believe comes from what castings you might do, or the staff your follower might be using.

M'aiqaelF

Yes, my character is a mage. So, you're saying that it will go away if I shut down the xbox and start it up again? Do I have to go back to a previous save or does the sound go away on its own?

Thank you for your help!

JClarke1953

I'm unsure if it's the XBox, I just make a save, or if i's at a place I like, then I just shut off the Sony and XBox. I don't sign out or anything, I just shut them off, then start them back up again.

I was thinking if you still have a problem, you might can reduce the sound effects or something in your audio settings within Skyrim.

M'aiqaelF

Ok, cool, I'll try that. Thank you.

JClarke1953

I hope it works...I've often had a similar problem in noisy Dwemer ruins. Except that there's so much racket, it'll at times overpower everything else, or I'll lose sound altogether. I just shut off the XBox (no saving) and my Sony, then start them back up again.

I don't know what kind of set up you have, I hope you can get results.

Miryks

I had that happen and my character was not a mage. I checked and it seems somewhat common. What worked for me, is to save the game, and then get killed. It should go back to where you were at the save, and the sound should be gone.

Depending on where you are, just allow someone to kill you or jump off some cliffs, or something along those lines.

Hope this helps.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts