Assassin-type that dabbles in magic: Could anyone give me some advice on this build?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nightshade

I've been wanting to create a character that has some skills of an assassin, but also of a mage. I'm not looking to create a god-like Chuck Norris on steroids powerhouse or anything, but instead, just a character that simply works and is not a complete weakling at higher levels due to poor perk planning.

Here is a link to a build I just created: http://skyrimcalculator.com/#29352 Feel free to critique and tell me what you think needs tweaking or what you think would be more beneficial.

The only problem that has been brought to my attention so far is my investment in Conjuration. I really LOVE Conjuration and was hoping to have some thralls tagging along, but it seems they might possibly blow my cover. The only way I can think of working around this would be to conjure Atronachs quiety instead of having thralls, utilizing the Quiet Casting perk. Or, perhaps I could use the undead only when spotted, in the heat of some action? I would really love to use necromancy :sadface:My idea of using Conjuration was to divert attention from myself so I could then take out enemies with my bow. If you have any ideas how this will work with my build, let me know ^_^

A run-down of what I'm going for
(note: I'm not looking mastering all these, as you can see if you view my build link :p)
-- Archery (for sniping enemies while remaining unseen)
-- One-handed (for added damage to daggers and swords, though I'll be mostly sticking to daggers)
-- Smithing (to create the light Dragonscale armor)
-- Sneak (for obvious reasons)
-- Alchemy (instead of Restoration because of it's flexibility; also to create poisons for my bow)
-- Illusion (Quiet Casting..I may remove a perk from another tree to get "Master of the Mind")
-- Conjuration (To create multiple targets other than myself; I just love it anyways)
-- Enchanting (To improve equipment)

Any help is appreciated!

Edit: I'll probably be removing some perks from sneak because I like the idea of still being detected.

Zrrg The Argonian

The King Of Lizards
I've been wanting to create a character that has some skills of an assassin, but also of a mage. I'm not looking to create a god-like Chuck Norris on steroids powerhouse or anything, but instead, just a character that simply works and is not a complete weakling at higher levels due to poor perk planning.

Here is a link to a build I just created: http://skyrimcalculator.com/#29352 Feel free to critique and tell me what you think needs tweaking or what you think would be more beneficial.

The only problem that has been brought to my attention so far is my investment in Conjuration. I really LOVE Conjuration and was hoping to have some thralls tagging along, but it seems they might possibly blow my cover. The only way I can think of working around this would be to conjure Atronachs quiety instead of having thralls, utilizing the Quiet Casting perk. Or, perhaps I could use the undead only when spotted, in the heat of some action? I would really love to use necromancy :sadface:My idea of using Conjuration was to divert attention from myself so I could then take out enemies with my bow. If you have any ideas how this will work with my build, let me know ^_^

A run-down of what I'm going for
(note: I'm not looking mastering all these, as you can see if you view my build link :p)
-- Archery (for sniping enemies while remaining unseen)
-- One-handed (for added damage to daggers and swords, though I'll be mostly sticking to daggers)
-- Smithing (to create the light Dragonscale armor)
-- Sneak (for obvious reasons)
-- Alchemy (instead of Restoration because of it's flexibility; also to create poisons for my bow)
-- Illusion (Quiet Casting..I may remove a perk from another tree to get "Master of the Mind")
-- Conjuration (To create multiple targets other than myself; I just love it anyways)
-- Enchanting (To improve equipment)

Any help is appreciated!

Edit: I'll probably be removing some perks from sneak because I like the idea of still being detected.
SO if your going for conjuration go for the atronachs on the left side of that skill tree is a thing where you can have increased duration for them AND have 2 of atronachs (i personally,just me maybe like the Storm atronach and Frost atronach both are HIGH leveled though but INSANELY POWERFUL)

modi

This is extremely similar for what I wanted my "Mage-sassin" to be. Mine was a Dark Elf that used dual swords and destruction, but was an assassin of all trades. However, i found that this is one of the hardest types of builds to succesfully use.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts