• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skarv

OK, so I have an assassin, I love it. I also love casting firebolts at people and watching them burn. BUT, I don't like being a PURE MAGE. Don't ask me why I just don't like it. That's why I need help, is there any Assassin Mage type of class? I know the Illusion build for being an assassin, I just want to know if that is the only option, or if there is other Mage Assassin classes!

Morgan

You'd still have to work illusion up high enough to get silent casting perk, but you could couple that with rune master and sneak through dungeons blowing everyone up. That sounds really fun . . . I wonder what other perks and tactics would increase the effectiveness of that design?

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
You could always use Fury to get other people to kill the target for you, unless you killing them is the icing on the cake for you. :p

Golgo_SPB

not much too it other than sneak, illusion, and destruction. you can use daggers and bows too if you want.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Probably the best combo for an assassin/mage would be the Sneak perk Assassin's Blade and The Illusion spells Invisibility or Calm. You can cast invisibility, and with a good dagger sneak up and assassinate just about anything in the game in one shot, even without the dark brotherhood gloves. Then instantly cast invisibility again or calm to avoid detection from any other nearby enemies and assassinate them too with the same process. Rinse and repeat.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Also, I forgot to mention that while calm spells will work early in the game, as you progress to higher levels many enemies will be too powerful to be affected by them, so work toward getting expert level illusion (75) and buy Invisibility. Invisibility is going to be your go-to spell as a stealth mage.

The Spectre of Skyrim

An Evil-turned-good guy
It's hard to be a stealth mage without Illusion. I can't see anything else working out.

Conjuration is good for distracting, you could integrate that into your build.

Here's a list of thief classes, some of them involving magic (scroll down to archetypes):
The Thief (Skyrim) - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
If you don't mind killing from a distance. You might want to try the bound bow. As long as you cast it before your close to an enemy you wont be seen. Plus with archery and conjuration perks it can be a vary powerful weapon.