• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skarv

New Assassin, and I want to ask a question about armor. PLEASE give details so I don't screw my assassin up. I want to know what armor would be the best for a PURE assassin, meaning no magic (except for Resto, I mean everyone needs that!) So yeah, out of all the Assassin Armors out there, what is the best? I am a Khajiit if it helps :p and yeah I am using bows and daggers, a combo! Oh yeah, and please tell me a way to get the armor, like someone gives you an item and you have to give it to some one in order to get epic armor and such (like Olava's Ring or something like that)

Morgan

Sorry, but I must completely disagree that using magic is not assassin-like. Calm + Backstab gives you one of the most efficient possible kills in the game. You can add insult to injury by picking their pockets before slitting their throats, too. The Dark Brotherhood armors are specifically made for assassins, and have useful effects like double-backstab damage on gloves, muffle on boots, and sneak on hood (AFAIK the only way to get a head-worn sneak bonus). The DB cowl also has archery bonus, but that's more common. Nightingale has same muffle on boots, bonus to illusion on hood, and rubbish on chest and hands. It's got better armor rating though (although a PURE assassin shouldn't be getting hit, right : ) What to get on chest is a toss-up. The DB armor has poison resistance, which is okay I guess. The Savior's Hide has the same poison resistance AND some magic resistance, but it's ugly as all hell. All of this is, of course, trumped once you get smithing and enchanting high enough, especially with extra effect perk. But you can get DB gear pretty much immediately, and Savior's Hide too. That will take you a long way.

Forumate

Shrouded Armor is the best if you play on PC.

600x337.resizedimage

Steam Workshop :: Better Shrouded Armor

KrazyLizard

Light armor is the way to go for assassins. Heavy armor, while useful takes too long to level and "perk" for a starting assassin character. As pictured above, acceptance into the Dark Brotherhood will encourage your choice in leveling light armor. The added and various enchantments are wicked sweet at any level. PS Nightingale armor is rated as Light as well.

Chokain

Enchant your own. With the exception od db gloves for the boosted backstab. I would just enchant the rest with bow/1h damage and stam regen.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts