• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skarv

OK, so I was playing my Assassin and found out about the Nightblade, I tried it and it was so easy that I was killing anything in one shot on Master. I loved the build though, the Nightingale Armor, and everything else! But now that Dawnguard is coming up, my evil Dark Elf Assassin, Celice, is going to join the Vampires. I was going over the Vampire skills and I found out it is suited more for a Nightblade. Should I make my Assassin a Nightblade or a plain old Assassin, any comments?

Xarnac

Make another build, or do it with that one. Preference doesn't matter, just what you want them to be. Always ask WWMCD? What would my character do? If you want this, this and that, be greedy and make them all. It is time consuming, unless you cheat, but a stable is better than a couple horses. If that is your choice.

Mahone

OK, so I was playing my Assassin and found out about the Nightblade, I tried it and it was so easy that I was killing anything in one shot on Master. I loved the build though, the Nightingale Armor, and everything else! But now that Dawnguard is coming up, my evil Dark Elf Assassin, Celice, is going to join the Vampires. I was going over the Vampire skills and I found out it is suited more for a Nightblade. Should I make my Assassin a Nightblade or a plain old Assassin, any comments?
I would definitely say be a nightblade. I have a dark elf who is also a vamp who use one handed, illusion, sneak, and light armor, and it rocks. He is ery strong, even on master diff. Heres a link for the build i am using for the nightblade.
Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!
(keep in mind this is full-out maxed build)

Skarv

Xarnac, I play on Ps3 so the most characters I can have is 3 to play with no lag. Mahone, I like the build, but how do you play it? Oh yeah and wouldn't Archery be viable?

Xarnac

Xarnac, I play on Ps3 so the most characters I can have is 3 to play with no lag. Mahone, I like the build, but how do you play it? Oh yeah and wouldn't Archery be viable?
Wow, I knew the PS3 had problems, but not that it limited the amount of characters before it starts lagging. how many do you have, your allotted three? And what are they? Mage/Sneak-assassin/Warrior?

Also a formal Nightblade like the ones in ES and lore are: Nightblades are spellcasters who use their magics to enhance mobility, concealment, and stealthy close combat. They have a sinister reputation, since many nightblades are thieves, enforcers, assassins, or covert agents.

So skills would be Illusion, sneak, blade, light armor, Alteration. You could use a bow, but you are a NightBLADE after all.

Skarv

I already have a Knight and I have a Arcane Warrior, so I decided to make a sneak character

Xarnac

Check out my edit. Did you need more help than that on how to play a stereotypical, ES Nightblade?

Edit: Nightblades suck without acrobatics and athletics/speed attribute now though. Or at least not as fun as they once were.

Mahone

Oh okay, i usually sneak up a group of enemies, then use frenzy on a few, and let 'em kill each other, and then finish of the survivors with a dagger. But when you come upon a troll or something use pacify to calm it, then come behind and slit their throat, the only thing that this build has problems with is dragons.

Xarnac

That's why I'd say dont start the MQ, unless you want to use shouts and be Dragonborn with this build. But up to you if you want the extra challenge.

Skarv

Thanks both of you helped a great deal, I will be making a Nightblade, I just need to know which armor. Nightingale is an obvious choice but the gloves don't have the multiplier. And wouldn't bows be useful for take down enemies that you can't reach? Personally I feel really stupid that I have the Nightingale armor and not using any of the weapon, even if I personally don't like Archery.

Mahone

Thanks both of you helped a great deal, I will be making a Nightblade, I just need to know which armor. Nightingale is an obvious choice but the gloves don't have the multiplier. And wouldn't bows be useful for take down enemies that you can't reach? Personally I feel really stupid that I have the Nightingale armor and not using any of the weapon, even if I personally don't like Archery.
I use custom dragonscale armor, with ancient shrouded gloves.

Xarnac

Check out Linwe's armor, if you decide bow. As for the multiplier, if you use a dagger(s) the sneak bonus for backs stabs more than makes up for almost anything. Might be wise to grind that up a bit, since that's the one handed daggers bread and butter. you could dual wield daggers if you needed/wanted.

Xarnac

You dont need all those sneak perks. And your wearing pre made in game gear right? Why do you have enchanting? You are going with Alchemy and Restoration? Not saying it it wrong, you should make them however you want, but potions will keep you healthy by themselves, unless its just who your character is, to have restoration. And are you using daggers? Swords?

Skarv

I will be using Nightingale Armor, grabbed Enchanting to enchant my weapons and Armor, and I got all the Alchemy stuff because if I am in the middle of a battle than a potion may save my life if I don't have enough time to run and heal myself. I am still thinking about Archery, what do you guys think?

Xarnac

But what armor are you enchanting, if your going to wear already enchanted armor, or is it to sell it and make more money? Because you do have a lot of skills, especially if your thinking about archery as well. If your using daggers exclusively, you can perhaps totally neglect the one handed skill tree. Since most of it's damage comes from the sneak perks.

Skarv

both to sell and my full nightingale armor, i just need a good opinion wether to take archery Or not.

Xarnac

Well, you are a NightBLADE, not a NightARCHER.