• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Is that why you hate the Psiic Order?

They don't like the Psijic Order because they have power.
And the winner is....

That's the actual reason for it. Power = threat. A great power you don't understand = something to be feared.

Also, the Order's "Old Way" of spirituality based on ancestor worship and their belief that what people observe as gods are just ancestor spirits that have grown great power, conflicts with the strict observance of the Thalmor to their pantheon. But make no mistake, the Order has mastered powers, seen by some as even beyond magic, that people on the outside can't understand. Any group than can make their island home disappear from the mortal world for centuries at a time and then just return whenever they see the need to do so, is not a group of average mortals.

Conflict that exist where you have a lack of understanding of just who or what your enemy actually is, is strategically-speaking, a conflict you should try to avoid.

LuChao

The Martial artist
Thalmor are chasing waterfalls in Skyrim, throwing away resources and assets with very little return. Even if Skyrim secedes, Cyrodil is still going to be out of reach for some time. Whereas Skyrim itself might as well be somewhere on the moon, completely out of reach.

Alot could happen with the passage of time, who knows. Perhaps Ulfric gets served a good left hook by some self righteous Nord and Skyrim goes back to the Empire anyways.

I dunno... Just don't think Skyrim leaving the Empire is really going to help them. It'll fl*ff up the Empire, sure. However, I believe the CW in Skyrim is the Thalmor's last chance to deal some damage before the next War unfolds.

Because they've made too many enemies and while it's true <because of them> fewer Provinces support the Empire directly, NO ONE likes the Dominion. Aside from Valenwood and Elyswr, however, Elyswr is two countries itself so...

If the Empire can stay together and Skyrim stabilizes, stays with the Empire I think the Thalmor's influence is going to get cut in half. Because if the Empire makes it thru this, the Thalmor will just be seen as being full of talk and in order to stay relevant, at some point they must back up that talk with action.

as Braveheart says "As long as I stand breathing the Thalmor scum will never take Skyrim I will stand alone if need be and wage a 1 man war on those Thalmor SKYRIM WILL BE FREE FROM ALL ELVEN RULE" (for those who dont know Braveheart check the link for the build idea)

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
I'm lost...

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Because they've made too many enemies and while it's true <because of them> fewer Provinces support the Empire directly, NO ONE likes the Dominion. Aside from Valenwood and Elyswr, however, Elyswr is two countries itself so...

Not even that, the Thalmor are hated at home also. Even Thalmor hate other Thalmor. Valenwood and Elsweyr, many Bosmer and Khajiit hate the Thalmor and their sympathizers.

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
44742.jpg
LegateFasendil said:
Because they've made too many enemies and while it's true <because of them> fewer Provinces support the Empire directly, NO ONE likes the Dominion. Aside from Valenwood and Elyswr, however, Elyswr is two countries itself so...​
Not even that, the Thalmor are hated at home also. Even Thalmor hate other Thalmor. Valenwood and Elsweyr, many Bosmer and Khajiit hate the Thalmor and their sympathizers.

So is the Imperials and the Empire, apparently - Hated. At least the Thalmor don't have a Civil War going down. I wouldn't try and stretch it too much on Valenwood and Elsweyr. While I don't deny the Thalmor have to do deal with terrorists from time to time, both of these *former* Imperial Provinces chose to side with us. True while Valenwood was a cue, the Empire did nothing/could do nothing to stop this.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
So is the Imperials and the Empire, apparently - Hated. At least the Thalmor don't have a Civil War going down. I wouldn't try and stretch it too much on Valenwood and Elsweyr. While I don't deny the Thalmor have to do deal with terrorists from time to time, both of these *former* Imperial Provinces chose to side with us. True while Valenwood was a cue, the Empire did nothing/could do nothing to stop this.

The Thalmor had internal problems for seventy years. The Nordic Civil war, hasn't been going on for that long. While the Empire is at times, disliked in some parts, they're not nearly as hated as the Thalmor.

Valenwood, was taken by Military Coup. Elsweyr left the Empire under Ocato or a short time after he was assassinated. During the time when the Mane was assassinated, most likely by the Thalmor. Elsweyr already no longer part of the Empire, became two client states in 4E 115. I wouldn't try to stretch it about wanting to side with the Thalmor, and since Elsweyr hadn't been an Imperial province for over a hundred years at the time they became client states... It isn't that grand.

The Empire would of been unable to stop the Valenwood coup, the Thalmor struck just five years into Titus Mede's reign. While he was still establishing his rule, and repairing the Empire after the destruction from Oblivion Crisis + Imperial Simulacrum. The Empire, admittedly didn't care all that much at the time, they still had vast holdings.

Though the irony of it all, the Thalmor and the Empire remain today because Titus Mede wasn't an idiot. Since the Thalmor were supposed to be framed for killing the Crown Price, it would of caused a war which would of destroyed both powers. Thalmor destroyed by the currently stronger Empire and the Empire taken out at the hands of Umbriel. Titus Mede, saw through it.

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
first off wow if I didn't know any better I would say you actually are a thalmor bravo brother ok now my question. is there any induction ceremonies in place for someone to join us thalmor,or to get promoted. is there any oaths us thalmor must take? do the thalmor like popcorn? and last question where are the thalmor bases and training grounds cuz im lost

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
would a Thalmor ever marry a non Thalmor?

would the thalmor accept the help of a daedric prince if they were on the verge of destruction? (and no im not taking cheap shots calling the thalmor weak)

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
I want to take away the moons and threaten to not give them back unless you join my country. Does anyone know the spell?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts