• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
A/N: Hey again guys. This chapter takes place primarily in the Sumerset Isles, a place that has disappointingly little lore. And as no one bothered to give most of the characters that are Thalmor last names, I will. Also some locations are non-canon. Enjoy!​
___________________________________________________________________________________________​
Somerset Isles, City of Skywatch
4E 180
For five years, Salthar took on the task of raising the young Khajiit boy. Eventually, he was allowed to go to school, and learn with others of his age. He began to speak more like the Altmer, although he kept some of his accent from his homeland. Salthar himself, discovered some magical talent of his own, and joined the academy in Skywatch. The Altmer instructors were surprised and delighted to see how quickly Salthar grasped magical concepts. It turned out he was a sorcerer, able to memorize spells on their first casting, rather than the more common mages and wizards, who had to constantly read and re-read their spell books.​
Advancing through his classes quickly, Salthar quickly became one of the most proficient spell casters in the academy, and one of his instructors, a Thalmor wizard known as Ancano Aladare, was especially impressed with his progress. After five years had passed, Salthar graduated the college with honours, and was granted the title and robes of a Thalmor wizard. Vengar, on the other hand, concentrated on the warrior side of things, being given a new set of armour, and weapons.​
Madrar, however, was in the stage of unruly disobedience that almost all teenagers went through. Unfortunately, most Altmer weren't very tolerant of thievery. A fall day, an armoured fist hammered on the door of Salthar, Vengar, and Madrar's home. The elven sorcerer opened the door to see an annoyed looking soldier holding onto a furious Khajiit teen. "Third time this month" growled the elf clamped onto Madrar with a vice-like grip. Salthar groaned inwardly. "He's just a boy, he doesn't mean any harm" Salthar already knew the soldier wouldn't believe that line.​
"Next time, we'll throw him in the prison for a day or two" the irritated elf growled, releasing Madrar, handing Salthar a small piece of parchment, a list of stolen items. Salthar closed the door, and turned a stormy look on his charge. Who happened to be sneaking towards the stairs leading up to his room. Unfortunately for said sneaker, Vengar happened to be coming down the stairs, his armour on, and buckling his sword belt. The blond haired elf had night patrol, and had been sleeping for most of the day. Upon seeing Madrar, he grabbed the young Khajiit and steered him down the stairs.​
" I don't see a good reason for them to not throw you in jail for a while...might straighten you out"​
said Salthar, genuinely furious with him. Madrar shrugged, the typical petulant teen. "What would your father think if he saw you acting like a common thief!" the Altmer sorcerer shouted, and this time Madrar really did look at him. " He'd be ashamed to call you his son, I'm ashamed to have to explain away your actions every time!"​
Madrar tore away from Vengar, and yelled at Salthar; "You don't know anything about me! You probably never even knew my father!" With that, the young Khajiit stomped his way up the stairs, pausing to swear at the two Altmer more than once. After the slam of a wooden door announced to them that Madrar had sequestered himself in his room. Salthar slumped and shook his head "that boy is going to be the death of me" he groaned, pulling a chair up, and sitting down.​
Vengar, standing behind his brother, clapped him on the shoulder "You know, you could have handled that a little bit more-" Salthar spun around to give his younger brother a deadly glare.​
"Go on, say it...I dare you" the other elf rose his hands in surrender.​
"I'm leaving, I'm leaving!" Vengar said quickly, heading towards the door. He opened it, and was nearly punched in the face by a messenger that was lifting her hand to knock.​
"Ah...can we help you?" asked Vengar, sounding puzzled. The messenger only handed him a piece of parchment, folded, and sealed with wax. Vengar took it and opened, reading it, and then re-reading it before turning to Salthar. "Our orders" he said quietly, "We're going to Skyrim to serve as enforcers for the White-Gold Concordant" Salthar swore, slapping his hand against his hip.​
"When do we leave?"​
"Tomorrow, at first light" was the dispiriting response. So, Salthar ended up having a busier day than he'd thought, making arrangements for the care of the house and of course, his young charge. He couldn't bring Madrar with him, and certainly couldn't leave the teen by himself, to get into yet more trouble. Luckily, a friend of his, Luani Ynval agreed to care for the young Khajiit, much to Salthar's relief.​
When he arrived, at the docks, where an elven ship was waiting, he was greeted by Vengar and several of his friends from the academy. To his surprise, Ancano was going as well "My post will be the college of Winterhold" he explained, "advising the Arch-mage there" soon, the ship was underway, and the new 'Justiciars' received their orders. Salthar, Vengar, and three others were to patrol the Falkreath area.​
The three in question met Salthar and his brother on the ship. Two wizards, and another warrior. The wizards, Salthar knew. The male Altmer was Falion Saedrun, the female was Elenway Rushroot. Both were typical Altmer, tall, golden skinned, and lean. The warrior, Halin Divinare was slightly shorter and had wild green eyes, with an easy smile. "Well...this will be interesting" remarked Falion, "I wonder what Skyrim is like?"​