• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
Anyone other people Argonian fans? I've been one ever since I first played Oblivion.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
Argonians are really cool man, I suggest playing through as one.

And Kohlar it really is just the versatility of them, i'm currently playing through on one as a mage, or 'The Scaled Arcanist' as i have taken to calling him, I've got 3 argonians, A thief, and warrior and a mage, well roughly those types, and the Argonian never fails to facilitate each class. Not to mention Histskin has to be the best 'power' in the game; at least of the racial powers.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
For the time being, I'm really into my Nord build, who is Kohlar of course. That's partially due to the amount of lore to be drawn from. I've not played Oblivion, Skyrim is my first Elder Scrolls game. So I'm not familiar with the Argonian Lore. Could you explain it a bit?

I'll confess, my first playthrough, I was an Orc. Only, he wasn't an Orc... He was Klingon. He was the Klingon Kor, so I sort of made up my own lore for him. He became very powerful indeed, as a Klingon should. He joined the Empire, of course.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
That sounds very interesting.

Argonians are from the black marsh, its said to be a harsh and hostile environment full of swamps and the like. The stereotypical Argonian uses guerilla warefare tactics, thats why they make good thieves/assassins. They're really gifted in alteration magic so that where the mage comes in, along with restoration magic. More to the lore is that they were previously Dark Elf slaves until the ascension war, in which they nearly completely took over and destroyed morrowind because the empire stepped in. For this I made my Argonian hate dark elfs, and the best part, they can breathe under water. Who needs ahzidals boots of water walking when you don't have to worry about drowning? ;)

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I never actually play an argonian in Skyrim, though I have in Oblivion. I have a hard time reconciling the fact that these presumably cold-blooded reptiles from a tropical climate somehow survive in the perpetually frozen climes of Skyrim.

I am a fan of their story through out the games ever since Morrowind. They were once a divided people. Enslaved by the Dark Elves, exploited and marginalized by The Empire. Constantly at the mercy of these great powers at their boarders.

Since the oblivion crisis they have risen from tribal warfare and slavery; seized the artifacts of power left behind in the wake of Mehrunes Dagon. They are now one of the great free powers of Tamriel: Masters of their perilous swampy home to which they are perfectly adapted. When the red mountain erupted, the Argonians poured over the border conquered much of Morrowind, and so visited revenge on the dark elves for a history of slavery and torment.

They've broken ties with the struggling empire. An empire that viewed their home as more of a liability than an asset. Their people more as cheap labor than full citizens. Through all the Imperial's talk of equality for all, their slums were always full of argonian laborers.

They're a power in the world for the first time in their history. A nation independent and unique: Neither Man nor Mer, where will the Argonians stand in the days to come?

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
I couldn't have said it better myself, every you said Kalin, makes them an appealing and my favourite race. Can you imagine if the Argonians and One other race possibly the empire or the stormcloaks, allied. That would definetly create a power to be reckoned with. I also love the An-xileel and have based my Scaled Arcanist around them.

AS88

Staff member

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
Thanks for that AS88! I just posted because I thought the general consensus was that Argonians can really only be played through as one role, also the lore behind Argonians is quite interesting.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
I love me some Argonians. I was hooked in the character creation screen. So far they work for every build Ive tried.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
I still find argonians the only race I can customize with some amusement... Changing all their colors to make them look poisonous, their scales can have any color, their eyebrows and hair are mostly horns and my most versatile characters are definitely argonian. Other races being costumized are dull (in my opinion). I just skip to warpaint, scars, hair and eye color, never even touch the more detailed characteristics.

Plus, argonian NPCs hiss during battle (recruit Derkeethus and let him do all the work in a dungeon, as he is essential, you'll hear it). Other than the draugr's hilarious laughter and that guttural gibberish the giants do, I find that sound one of those that most fire me up during battle.