Are the silver hand "bad guys" in your opinion? (Poll)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Are the silver hand an "evil" faction?

• Total voters

Swordsmansmith

I've completed the companion quest line several times and I've also done Ill met by moonlight. Afterwards I ask myself are the silver hand really bad. They hunt and kill werewolves. The captured ones are savages and will attack even you if you free them. In some ways I say yes because I think they torture the people they capture that are lycans but at the same time these beasts are roaming around killing people. I disagree with torturing them though, I kill them to put them out of their misery. Although I'm not sure if they torture them or disect the corpses to learn more about their enemy.

I think one cool dlc or something that should have been in the game is you choose either the companions or silver hand. Make them a joinable faction, maybe their members tell you about themselves and reveal their family was killed by werewolves thus their drive to eradicate them. Granted from the companions pov they themselves being werewolves are not evil since they can control themselves while in beast form.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Yeah the thing is that as a companion they are evil to you. But if you are a citizen then they are heroes

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Heads on pikes.... evil.

Adam Warlock

my vote is evil as the silver hand attacked me without provocation as i am neither a companion or a werewolf. all i wanted to do was buy silver weapons to convert to enchanted daedric at the atronach forge. the creators must have intended them evil to make killing them the only source of obtaining those unique blades

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Yea, they attacked me for no good reason. Screw'em. I be snipping them afar with my mighty arrows of awesome.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

They are fanatics, fanatics are never a good thing (and yes I include the Vigilants of Stendarr).

Swordsmansmith

I didnt know they attacked you for no reason. I think had they been created as a joinable faction without the fanaticism and their questline pertaining to helping skyrim by eliminating monsters it would have been cool.

they are force for good in terms of their motivation, but it's there methods that are evil, and their indiscriminate ways.

their like the blades, they kill the monsters that are bad, yet even if the monster is good they will kill it because it is a monster.

Adam Warlock

yes a vigilant attacked my then follower lydia out of the blue when i was wandering the wilds one day. it was only later i discoverered it was because i had her outfitted in daedric armor. i don`t consider them enemies but i`m careful what equipment i`m sporting when i think they`re around
They are fanatics, fanatics are never a good thing (and yes I include the Vigilants of Stendarr).

Panthera

Don Gato
I don't know if you noticed but many silver hand members drop vampire dust when you kill them... For me they are no better than werewolves.

Panthera

Don Gato
Actually Tigris it's because that ingredient has the alchemical effect of "cure disease". It's also why they carry Hawk Feathers and a couple other ingredients that cure disease. Figured I'd mention it. I'm not defending their ways, but they're certainly not vampires hehe. Wouldn't want to see a rendition of twilight on here. >.>
I see... obviously I'm not an alchemist. :D

Panthera

Don Gato
Hey I was just as confused as you were until I looked it up even with alchemy lol. I'm just big into lore, so I look worthless info up lol. xD There's a big floating island heading towards Morrowind from the coast of the Black Marsh.. O.O Flippin' crazy man! Random lore ftw.
Bro I'm also into random stuff... except alchemy. ^^ Did you know there is another cat race beside khajiits?

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
Not necessarily evl just indiscriminate in killing.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts