• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Huntagalos

Hey guys my most recent character is a wood elf archer. I was wondering if anyone had some tips on how to improve archery. I don'y mean leveling up my archery skill in the game, I mean physically being better at aiming and hitting the enemy. Keep in mind that I play on the Xbox so my accuracy all around won't be as good as on the PC (so i have heard). Thanks :)

AS88

Staff member
First of all, practice! Practice and experience are probably your biggest hopes for getting better. Everyone will have their own quirks and techniques.

Other than that, fortify archery enchantments/alchemy effects boost your damage, and relevant perks can further boost your damage and zoom in your sight and slow time slightly to give you a better chance (don't use these too much though, or you'll stunt your own growth). Aim for the chest if you're close, and for the head if you're far away, 'lead' your target (ie shoot slightly in front of a moving target, taking distance and their speed into account).

The Slow Time shout can give you the opportunity to loose a whole barrage of arrows before the first one even hits its mark, so that's another thing to consider.

There's more, but I can't think at the minute, it's late here.

Clau

The Fateless One
I agree with AS88 about the practice and it's due. You get better as you practice archery especially in combat situations.

Angi's camp has a very good challenge and introduction towards archery and its marksmanship. A fun challenge too.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Angi's_Camp

Cindella

Lv. 15 Battle Mage High Elf and Werewolf
You just have to practice but it makes it easier when one of the archery perks puts everything in slow motion and you get to zoom in on them

domepatrol

I find it easier to aim using your movement stick, rather than your "looking" stick.

Aim close to the target using the "aim" or "look" (right) stick, then strafe left or right to get the target in your sights. This also makes it harder for mages/archers to hit you, since you're constantly moving.

It works very, very well for me, hopefully it works well for you as well.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I'm about to write an archery guide, but for now here's some basics. Every bow has a different range, draw time, and firing velocity, heavier bow means longer draw, longer range, faster firing velocity, and more damage. Memorize the range of your bow at 0 degrees, 15 degrees, 10 degrees, and 20 degrees (I know 45 is maximum range but this is impractical in combat so it is better to know with suggested angles) as well as the velocity. This is critical to knowing how high you should aim as well as how much you should lead by as these small adjustments as you go can really mess you up. But mostly just practice.

PReaper728

I found out that with the dawngaurd DLC if you get the crossbow in the beginning it will level pretty quickly

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts