• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Azztrix

I'm about to start a new character and i want to make him a archer. he is going to be a Nord can anyone post what i would need to level up and what a good build would ne

Parker

Nord isn't exactly ace choice for archer, but I can give you a 'general' outline. You're going to (obviously) want to spec into archery, pretty much full blown. Sneak is also your friend, those sneak snipes feel better than getting a 'wonderful' in cooking with momma. Specialize into that and get the 3x bow attack when you sneak hit someone. That's pretty much the basics.

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
Race doesn't really matter to be quite honest, don't let anyone scare you off a Nord if that's what you want to be. Specific races do get bonuses into certain skills, but once you get to about level 10 it doesn't really matter.

In addition to sneak I'd suggest alchemy as well. Being able to create poisons for your arrows can go a long way.

My best advice, and this applies to any build, is not to grind skills out to 100. I'm really sick of seemingly everyones' "advice" is just some cheap exploit to get 100 in certain skills. Don't listen to it, regardless of what people say, you don't need 100 in smithing or 100 enchanting to have a good character and I'd go as far to say you'd probably have more fun just playing the game than grinding.

Everyone and his grandmother does some exploit to get 100 in smithing, enchanting, sneak, block, etc. don't pay attention to that crap. It's a fun game, not a science project you have to dissect like some people make it out to be.

You want a Nord archer build? Be a Nord and use Bows and the rest happens naturally.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Sneak, Archery, Light Armor, Illusion, Smithing, Enchanting is the primary idea you would want if you want PURE archery.

For race? Khajiit run 10% faster than any other race and have night eye, Breton if you feel dealing with spellcaster is hassling you as you peg them, Orc is amazing due to Double damage and half taken while racial is active especially when u pop it then do a sneak attack with perk for bow, that x3 becomes a x6 basically.

zane2453

The Bill Gates of Skyrim
Id do a wood elf if I was going to be a archer, but I would always have a sword with my just in case I get a hoard of skeevers or wolves or spiders on me.