Apparently I am becoming Annoying.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
I might not be as active as other people, but I for one would be sad if you left. I see you post so much that I p much consider you a landmark of these forums :p people like you are what make forums great, so don't go just because of what a couple of people think O:

Lucid

Humans have advanced communication skills, and it is inevitable that some things we choose to communicate will be annoying and/or irrelevant to some. Both as individuals and as an entire race, we can be pretty damn annoying. I know that I am.

This means that you Daelon DuLac, will sometimes be annoying and irrelevant. I mean that with a hug! Let's think of this in terms of scale and ratio.You have over 5,200 posts in this forum. What percentage of those would you be comfortable with being found annoying or irrelevant? <1%? I think you're doing pretty good!

;)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I would, however like to apologize to the two parties that I "outed" in my post. It was unfair, putative and uncalled for. Public shaming was not my intention nor my style.

My sincerest apologies to the both of you.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
fluff what people think. If I actually gave a damn about what other people thought of me in this forum I would have been gone the first week.

If you think the Gen. Discussion threads get heated, check out any political thread in the lobby. They make the Stormcloak vs. Imperial thread look like a playground argument. Personal insults-o-plenty! lol

Keep your head up. Don't let it get to you.

I remember those days when the political discussions could be downright nasty. Fun times! :p

Kaito is still an asshat, though......:D

Daelon DuLac

fluff what people think. If I actually gave a damn about what other people thought of me in this forum I would have been gone the first week.

If you think the Gen. Discussion threads get heated, check out any political thread in the lobby. They make the Stormcloak vs. Imperial thread look like a playground argument. Personal insults-o-plenty! lol

Keep your head up. Don't let it get to you.

I remember those days when the political discussions could be downright nasty. Fun times! :p

Kaito is still an asshat, though......:D
Ah, but he/she is ever so polite about it! :)

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Lol... every time I swing by this forum Daelon is leaving... aren't you gone yet? ;)

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Daelon is basically a driving force that's keeping this forum afloat. I definitely get the feeling that this place is kind of sinking a bit. At the very least, it's nowhere near as active as it once was and I think that's reasonable considering Skyrim is basically an "old" game now.

But yeah, man, don't be silly. You're far from annoying or anything of the sort. In truth, I've always got the feeling that you don't really care for my posts, but that's not a big deal. My point is that not everybody is going to love you and as long as people are civil then what's the difference? You're definitely a cherished member of the community and I wouldn't stress the little stuff. Keep on doing you and I think this place will be better for it.

Lucid

Whattt? Dude, I enjoy your posts. We all annoy somebody sometime. If somebody likes your posts, great. If they don't, fluff 'em and feed 'em fish heads.

*sings and rocks in place*
"Fish heads, fish heads. Roly-poly fish heads. Fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum."

Daelon DuLac

Whattt? Dude, I enjoy your posts. We all annoy somebody sometime. If somebody likes your posts, great. If they don't, fluff 'em and feed 'em fish heads.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I can not convince you to stay if you're set on going but I will say that of all the members here that you're a constant re-occurring name/face replying to my posts and threads. I will also say that if you're absolutely set on leaving, then I bid you good journey, why stay somewhere you don't wish to be? I support you on your decision to leave as strongly as your desire to stay if you settle on that. Overall, don't let a couple of members or an entire team of them get you down, you have an ignore option you can use if things get hairy with others. As much as it may pain your pride to do so and rather face your problems head on, sometimes it is best to click that option so you can get some peace around here and enjoy the good stuff like the mead we carry.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
What people think of you on here doesn't matter, especially when the number is two.

On a serious note, did you really have to post this? This actually does make you come off annoying, and it is completely irrelevant to the topic board. You just call out two members, giving a one sided explanation. Not even a very good explanation at that. What are you being called annoying for?

Seems like you're just looking for some favoritism, and trying to disgrace two other members publicly. If you have issues with certain people, there are Moderators for a reason. All this does is merely create drama.

Just my take on it.

LotusEater

What people think of you on here doesn't matter, especially when the number is two.

On a serious note, did you really have to post this? This actually does make you come off annoying, and it is completely irrelevant to the topic board. You just call out two members, giving a one sided explanation. Not even a very good explanation at that. What are you being called annoying for?

Seems like you're just looking for some favoritism, and trying to disgrace two other members publicly. If you have issues with certain people, there are Moderators for a reason. All this does is merely create drama.

Just my take on it.

Was this post necessary? He already apologized for the thread and to the people in question. Why pile on? All you're doing is perpetrating and perpetuating the drama.

Ivory

Let's Player
Was this post necessary? He already apologized for the thread and to the people in question. Why pile on? All you're doing is perpetrating and perpetuating the drama.

Were any other posts that promoted this topic necessary? No. I am glad someone stood up for us, as petty as it is, he's the only one who asked questions that should have been asked at the start. Honestly this whole thread was pointless, this post included. It should have been locked when me and the other user were outed over a silly misunderstanding. I've refrained for defending myself or frost because it would add to the drama, and forum drama is meaningless to me. I will defend Mage however, because he's right. And honestly? This entire thread should be shut down.

You don't want drama? Ignore threads like this. Ignore this post and most of all, report all non-topic, hurtful posts like this and be done with it. My two cents.

LotusEater

Were any other posts that promoted this topic necessary? No. I am glad someone stood up for us, as petty as it is, he's the only one who asked questions that should have been asked at the start. Honestly this whole thread was pointless, this post included. It should have been locked when me and the other user were outed over a silly misunderstanding. I've refrained for defending myself or frost because it would add to the drama, and forum drama is meaningless to me. I will defend Mage however, because he's right. And honestly? This entire thread should be shut down.

You don't want drama? Ignore threads like this. Ignore this post and most of all, report all non-topic, hurtful posts like this and be done with it. My two cents.

There ya go. Keep bumping the drama. Kudos! Lets see how long we can make Daelon confront his mistake.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

It was. Especially with all the ass kissing in this thread, someone should of stepped up on the first page.

SaveVsBedWet

There ya go. Keep bumping the drama. Kudos! Lets see how long we can make Daelon confront his mistake.

I still don't see any mistake on the OP's part. I still see a bunch of other people mistakenly believing there is a standard to which someone must adhere when reacting to a feeling of being slighted. And, a couple of people who thought freedom of speech meant being able to dictate to the recipient not only how he should take what was said, but how to respond to it as well.

Sorry, but nobody gets to tell the OP how to go about being offended by whatever offended him. Whomever got "misunderstood" in such a way as to result in this? The easiest way to avoid such things is to clarify ones self in such a way as to not be misunderstood to such a degree. When you make a decision that your accountability stops at expressing yourself, you will live with said decision if your point is misinterpreted, because you have absolutely no control over what happens next.

It's twoo. Conspicuous by its absence is any attempt to mend fences by acknowledging the communication breakdown and clarifying the original point. In place of that, there's just a bunch of roundabout ways of calling the OP a snitch and a drama queen. This doesn't indicate a desire for resolution at all to me. It's more akin to whining about how a bridge jumper should be ashamed about the traffic snarl he's caused.

LotusEater

It was. Especially with all the ass kissing in this thread, someone should of stepped up on the first page.

We can kiss your ass too if you'd like since you seem to have personal issue with it.

DrunkenMage... you the best. I wish you would post more often. I miss your massive... knowledge of lore and they way you so deftly handle debates. This forum seems so empty when you aren't around. :sadface:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
We can kiss your ass too if you'd like since you seem to have personal issue with it.

DrunkenMage... you the best. I wish you would post more often. I miss your massive... knowledge of lore and they way you so deftly handle debates. This forum seems so empty when you aren't around. :sadface:

Touching, your attempt at sarcasm is rather petty. People should of taken issue with it from the moment this thread was posted, you're all part of this community.

You were right before about he apologized, but I don't buy the public shaming wasn't the intention. It was the only intention. My only personal issue isn't with the thread or OP, but the posters in it. Less than two people spoke out, there are more reasons than Skyrim being old for why many people don't visit the forums as much.

From how this was all handled, I don't blame them.