anyone else dissapointed with the thieves guild in skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

coleraine

I liked the guild in Oblivion because it had a robin hood type feel to it, it wasnt just about being a thug. In skyrim, however, its basically a murderous gang. any thoughts?

Ironclad

What group isn't a murderous gang, at the end of the day?
Many of the missions offered aren't 'hits', unless you count burning beehives at creature-murder. :eek: Many are, steal this or adjust ledger that.

Necromis

and actually they are not murderous thugs. In fact they tell you if you want to kill your targets go join the DB. Yeah they are not robin hood, they are realistic, a group of people who look out for each other and steal.

Cannabyss

I found it disappointing that I was able to breeze through it with my completely un-stealthy battle-mage. The only thing I did differently was use a Muffle spell from time to time, but for the most part I was able to barge in, hands blazing and proceed to pillage to move along in the quest line. It'd be nice if it were actually geared toward stealth-based characters IMO.

Jaeger

I wished to give Mjoll a wedding present by taking her down there and bust in some heads. But, alas, there are some unkillable npcs down there. Maybe, a patch that will let you get rid of the thieves guild. You can destroy the assassin guild except for the vamp child (but that's because she's a child).

The game forces you to be a thug dick if you want all the shouts. One that I know of is a disarm shot that is in a dwarven ruin on an ice plain. Need a thief guild mission to unlock it. They need to patch that by putting it outside like the one at that dawn daedra goddess bigass statue.

The one time I joined (I was playing an appropriate dark elf), I was like, "man, phuck this play through; I'm not a moral degenerate to do this, even with pixels".

If not a patch, I would pay for a goodie two shoes mission pack DLC. Join the vigilant of Stendarr cult and do missions. A vigilant of Stendarr npc follower. A badass shield, boots and gauntlets and Mage robes. A special perk to disregard wearing of boots and gauntlets with Mage armor perks are effective.

I also didn't like the push to become a slobbering, panting werewolf with the companions.

I’m sure their mothers are all very disappointed

Oren74

It's about how you approach the game. I do wish it was more "theif" like, but, it's not like Fallout where you need a certain level of a skill to finish a quest. I think I like that too.

If you're a hardcore mage, and you're doing the thieves guild quest...than you really don't care about RP'ing. If you don't care about RP'ing, than won't you get frustrated when you lack the level of pickpocket to finish a quest?

Bethesda agrees...so they figured they would let you play the game the way you want.

I personally loved the all the class specific quest lines. All games within the game IMO

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Thieve's Guild I felt had a good story. Not original, but good. Classic tale of betrayal and lost love. I do wish it was a bit more stealth based, but I got that through The Dark Brotherhood. And, I did both the Thieve's Guild and Brotherhood questlines at the same time. Made it interesting. As they acknowledge one another in a way.

Necromis

agreed. I mean I can acomplish all the Companion quests being a sneak thief/assassin, or the mages or....enter quest here.

The true point of taking quests is two fold, one if you just want achievments cuz you are on the xbox or ps3, or because of roleplaying and if you are a battle mage running into a thievies guild quest line well that kinda is OOC don't ya think. LOL

I didn't mind the thug aspect, it suited my character. What did dissappoint me was....

****Spoiler****

... that the inner circle thinks they NEED to sell their souls in order to be a viable thieves' guild and that Brynjolf and the Karlia felt they could only take Mercer down if they had Nocturn's help.

I was kinda disgusted that they would enslave themseves for a minor once a day(?) blessing and a sneaking suit. I would think a proper Thieves' Guild would rely on guile rather than a Diety's intervention. I did rush through this quest chain - up to a point, i refused the deal and left it undone. If i misinterpreted what happened, please let me know.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
I liked the guild in Oblivion because it had a robin hood type feel to it, it wasnt just about being a thug. In skyrim, however, its basically a murderous gang. any thoughts?
Murderous thugs? Who in the mian quest line gets killed besides other killers

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
While i love the Thieves Guild, it is a little... less grand than in Oblivion. I mean who remembers that final quest in oblivion where you had to sneak into the heart of the imperial citadel and from the emperors inner sanctum and then escape past those blind sentries (who's hearing was amazing)... now THAT was a final theft worthy of grandeur. I remember sneaking so so so so slow for what seemed like hours and i still kept getting caught and then mobbed. that was epic.

I think the last quest in oblivion should have been to steal the crowns off all the Jarls in skyrim IMO, with them knowing about the upcoming theft and all guards on max alertness. Now thats a theft!

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
My only real problem with the Guild is that they promise you coin, yet it's the Brotherhood that eventually fetches you 20,000!

D0MIN0

I'm nearly done with the thieves guild questline, and I think it's getting really interesting; I can't wait to see what happens next. That being said, I am kind of disappointed with the length of the questlines in this game.

This is what it seems like to me.
1. You meet the person from the guild and they give you a super easy quest that upon completion allows you to be a part of that guild.
2. The next couple quests just seem to be busy work, which I can understand.
3. Now after the busy work the real meat of the questline starts to show through and it gets really fun for a couple quests.
4. Now you're the leader, with no real benefits from being the leader and all you can do is pointless, depth-less little mini quests till your eyes bleed.

It seems like there's busy work for the guilds, then maybe 4 or 5 quests that deal with the storyline and that's it. It would be awesomer if maybe there was more than two ranks (grunt, leader) for the guilds; and maybe a longer questline in which to get promoted (like morrowind if I remember correctly). It just seems like you join a guild..do a couple things, then they push a pointless title at you and state that you're their leader. So far the only questlines I have found satisfaction in completing are the main quest and the companions.

SaveVsBedWet

Dr. D'Irsei is only disappointed that the Thieves Guild has not chosen Solitude Smiles as their plan dentist. She noticed very shoddy dental work on a particular burly individual who threatened her on the way into their hideout as she returned with items collected at their request, and wanted to help, but evidently coverage details between the Guild and Bethesda developers would not allow for traveling dentistry services for their members.

She continues to hope that Bethesda will see the value of PPO plans and allow the Guild the freedom to choose. :sadface:

BSE

I havent done it yet, but I was slightly disappointed with the DB quests. The story was good, but the kills were all really easy. Im hoping the thieves guild has more challenging things.

Baldr

I have just got started with the thieves guild and have enjoyed there story line, the missions I have enjoyed so far.

It's just a small part of a large game

It's not how we fall which defines us but how we rise after falling

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts