Anyone else dislike the look of these armors/weapons?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

azali100

What really bothers me is how damn wide the swords are. They look ridiculous. General Tullius's sword in the opening kept on bugging me. Seriously, am I the only one who thought his sword/scabbard was hilariously wide looking on his waist in that scene?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

For light armour I quite like the Elven Armour. I like the look of Dragonscale bar the helmet. In fact quite a lot of the helmets seem to spoil the look of the armour. As said above, Dragon Priest masks look good as they come with the hoods.

I kept Lydia in a Steel Helmet over Full Plate as I like to see her face and Mijol the Lioness looks good with a circlet.

I have also an enchanted Bandana with I wear for Alchemy, wonder if I can get any of my followers to wear one...

Haru17

Lost Falmer
The whole dragonscale tier is kind of lame for me. I wish they'd have made the scales look cool instead of just boring like they did. They could've worked in the fiery effect that dragons have when dying or something. Dragonplate was ok except for the mask, oh god, the mask...

Haru17

Lost Falmer
For light armour I quite like the Elven Armour. I like the look of Dragonscale bar the helmet. In fact quite a lot of the helmets seem to spoil the look of the armour. As said above, Dragon Priest masks look good as they come with the hoods.

I kept Lydia in a Steel Helmet over Full Plate as I like to see her face and Mijol the Lioness looks good with a circlet.

I have also an enchanted Bandana with I wear for Alchemy, wonder if I can get any of my followers to wear one...

I love the priest helms, but I can't stand the clipping with the hood, this thing normally doesn't bug me, but here it drives me crazy! Does this go away with bulkier characters?

Almost all of them come without a helmet, nor other head covering, so they should wear it pretty much like a Circlet, unless they have something armored for that slot in Inventory.

kirak95197

Writer
I'm not sure why but I like the look of Daedric Armor. It just looks good while in third person fighting a dragon.

I mean seriously. I can't be the only one. I dress up my char in dragonscale armor not only because I am a light armor user but because I hate the Daedric/Elven armors, and the Dragonplate helmet. Back when Elven was the best light armor I could get, I avoided it. It looks like sin puked all over it. Daedric is just so overkill and spiky, and the Dragonplate helmet doesn't look like any other Dragonplate armor.

I CANNOT be the only one who hates these armors. Anyone else not like these weapons and armors, or some other set?

Elven looks good on Altmer, and thats about it. Daedric looks so stereotypically evil its almost silly, I never use it.

I also don't like Dwarven Armor, makes me look like a big dumb golden robot.

I like Forsworn Armor, Thieves Guild, Leather Armor, Steel Plate, Orcish, Blades, Penitus Oculatus and Fur & Hide Armor. I excluse the helmet from most of these, because most of the helmet in this game look like crap.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
One helm that caught my eye was the Dawnguard full helm. It has the best look IMO of any helm in the game. Looks better with full Dragonplate than the Dragonplate helm does, anyway...

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
I hate how a lot of the armor come in little man-skirts, leather and ancient Nord come to mind. What's wrong with pants?

Sent from HTC app Tapatalk

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Man skirts are for manly Nords only.

I've beaten 3 guys in a swordfight wearing a pink tutu. (It was halloween.) If your security depends on wearing pants, instead of a "Skirt" which actually protect you better, you never had any to begin with. The Vikings wore manskirts, as did the Monguls, who came closer to conquerint the world than anyone else. It don't get no manlier then that.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Nuts to the Mongols. Dovahkiin wears man skirts, and he conquered all of Skyrim.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
I am not really to fond of any of the armor sets. I love the look of the nightingale armor but i hate the enchantments. I would love if when you put a hood on the Vampire Royal Armor the hood on the back would dissapear like with Serana.

I've beaten 3 guys in a swordfight wearing a pink tutu. (It was halloween.) If your security depends on wearing pants, instead of a "Skirt" which actually protect you better, you never had any to begin with. The Vikings wore manskirts, as did the Monguls, who came closer to conquerint the world than anyone else. It don't get no manlier then that.

Don't forget the romans and they wore dresses...

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I don't like the look of many of the armor sets in Skyrim either, and since I play on the xbox I can't use mods to make them look any better. The helmets are especially bad, because they never seem to fit right or are the wrong size when compared to the armor. I usually use enchanted circlets or hoods, and many of the hoods in the game give you an armor bonus when you have the well-fitted or custom fit perks.

The regular clothes and robes are pretty drab, too. Just a little more attention to detail would've been nice.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
They don't protect your family jewels as well as "Man Skirts".

You kidding? Your jewels would freeze solid. And I never implied pants make you some sort of super saiyan. I'm just saying that it just takes me off a bit seeing how exposed my character's legs are.

Sent from HTC app Tapatalk

Don't forget the romans and they wore dresses...
Screw that, they had great organization, but not much in the way of balls out manly badassery. You ever seen the armor the Spartains wore? I mean the real ones, yes, they actually wore armor, and yes, it had a skirt.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts