Anyone else banned from Skyrim Nexus?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBAcursed

Not sure where to post this, but just wondering if anyone else is banned. They abuse they're power so much over there.

Xarnac

All you have to do is get a hold of Robin Scott or what ever his name is, he owns the Nexus site and he'll unban you. He unbanned me when I was banned for no reason. But then again, I didnt actually do anything, if you did, then he may not unban you.

DBAcursed

All you have to do is get a hold of Robin Scott or what ever his name is, he owns the Nexus site and he'll unban you. He unbanned me when I was banned for no reason. But then again, I didnt actually do anything, if you did, then he may not unban you.
I've been trying to. It's been 3 days and he still hasn't replied to my email. How long did it take for you?

Xarnac

He wont reply. You just wont be banned anymore and can make a new account to DL mods.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If you did what you said you did in the other thread, he's not going to unban you.

DBAcursed

If you did what you said you did in the other thread, he's not going to unban you.
I honestly feel I didn't do anything bad enough to be banned for. So I called an "Elven Butt Plug" mod "fluffing stupid", big deal, and the mod creator wasn't even offended. He said "Everyone has their own opinion." The mods just get butt hurt over anything.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I always hear about people getting banned on Skyrim Nexus.

I've been part of the Nexus for ages, and haven't been banned personally myself.

ninaaou

Yeah just got banned today cause they found out I curently have a pirated skyrim. Wrote them a letter, hope they unban me. If not, I already have an other account so I will still be able to download mods :p

Sean

lost somewhere
That site is completely against piracy even though it isn't stealing. Someone else uploaded their version, made a crack for it and all for free for others to enjoy. Then when the person had no intention on buying the software to begin with, being able to play it for free could get them interested in the sequal/content for the series, and then increase sales for that series.

Or, even with buying a game on a sepearte system. Why pay for the same game twice? That would just be strange, I bought the Xbox version of Skyrim, and currently only use my pirated version of Skyrim on the PC as a mod tool for the Xbox version. When I get my copmuter built (still waiting on the CPU and Motherboard to be delivered), I will still pirate Skyrim for the PC because I already paid $60 for the game, why the hell should I buy it again?

Then there is the case where companies charge insane prices for software, when each iteration is only a slight tweak on the old. I am thinking of Adobe on this one, I can get into a whole thing on that.

These companies need to adapt to file sharing as it is the future, instead of trying to close it off completely (which won't work), and then able to convince people that it is a "sin," by claiming it is stealing, but you can't steal something you never had any interest in buying, and no one lost a copy of the software. Everyone who paid for it still has their copy.

So, basically on sites like that, read the rules first to make sure their stance on things, and if it conflicts with your views, then NEVER talk about it on that site. If you need help with a certain thing that relates to, for example piracy, then there are many sites that support it and can help you.

From what I have seen, Nexus has a zero-tolerance to anything that can be taken out of context and be thought of as obscene, even though they have a large collection of adult-themed mods. Honestly they appear to be hypocrites, but just stay away from the mods you don't like, only leave purely constructive criticism, and leave positive feedback on mods you do like.
That would ensure you won't get banned as they would have nothing to hold over you.

kirak95197

Writer
Or, even with buying a game on a sepearte system. Why pay for the same game twice? That would just be strange, I bought the Xbox version of Skyrim, and currently only use my pirated version of Skyrim on the PC as a mod tool for the Xbox version. When I get my copmuter built, I will still pirate Skyrim for the PC because I already paid $60 for the game, why the hell should I buy it again?

When I bought Portal 2 for my PlayStation 3 Valve included a little code inside the case with a code to activate Portal 2 on PC, now I have Portal 2 on PS3 and PC for whatever I paid for the PS3 version. I think every company should do this.

Sean

lost somewhere

No.

-Steam forces updates
-Steam doesn't let you disable DLC
-Steam limits content, as the only way to use the CK is to purchase Skyrim through them (so Games for Windows users are left out of both a modding community and the creation tools).

So, unless Steams starts to lose is restrictions, then it can replace the Nexus, but until then, the Nexus will be around despite the complaints against it.

I also have a pirated copy of Skyrim on the PC (and the CK, Update 1.9 and DLC).
I pirated because I already purchased the game for the Xbox, and have its DLC, so Bethesda already has my money, and I am not playing Skyrim on the PC for the game, I am playing it for the mods (still using my Xbox save too).

So, I can't use Steam for that reason, but I also can rarely post on the Nexus, because if I even imply that I use pirated software, I will get banned (despite them not being affiliated with any real business; I understand not supporting it, but people being banned for mentioning it is just a bit much).

So, to go back to your quote, yes Nexus does have its problems, but Steam will not replace it, as it has its own to deal with, and if you don't like ads, then use AdBlock (like most people).

----------------------
Weren't there A LOT more replies to this topic before?

Dagmar

You can disable the DLC if you want, this is not true.
No you can't. There is no way to disable DLC. You can't even circumvent it with a reinstall because you only have the option to reinstall all content. This constantly raises issues with games. You need only look at the Gearbox forums for Borderlands 2 to see how problematic this is as Gearbox decided to give a game breaking DLC to game Season Pass holders for free as a "gift" that the players didn't ask for, give informed consent for, and can't disable because Steam doesn't provide the option to do so.

Sean

lost somewhere
Regardless, if you are using a pirated version of anything you are a thief in my eyes there is no excuse to steel. The computer version is better by far for graphics.

Steam is awesome, and if you can use a simple gui setting (on steam) you'd know you can stop the updates on your mods if you want to.

You can even back up versions locally from steam.
Free tools (that have no trojan inside them) cost steam money to support and host, and I can see why they would want exclusivity.

Nexus will die because:

They have no way to make money other than to cram ad's down your throat.
They ban their authors (their bread and butter) for nothing really.
Authors can't moderate their own threads. They mongor control.
Their site serves up virus's (and on more than a few occasions), it's poorly administered and Security is a major concern. http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/13568/article/skyrim-nexus-reportedly-compromised-by-malware-hack/
The site crashes and halts all the time.
Certain countries are banned from using it because they can't admin or afford good security at The users expense.
They push a membership fee at you.
Their search results suck.
Their owner has serious delusions of grandeur. They are small minded and can't roll with the future of gaming.

When you cut off your own supply of product and mistreat, alienate your user/author base you kill your business, plain and simple.

Really? You rated my post ranter because you didn't like me pirating.
I explained, in detail I might add, of what you can do too, but no, you pick out on the pirating aspect.
Right, that makes me a ranter :rolleyes: .

Regardless, if you are using a pirated version of anything you are a thief in my eyes there is no excuse to steel. The computer version is better by far for graphics.

Steam is awesome, and if you can use a simple gui setting (on steam) you'd know you can stop the updates on your mods if you want to.

Piracy is sharing content, I don't sell it, I don't make money off it, I already paid for my games, and I just want to enjoy it across systems.
I use texture packs, lightning mods, updated models, and many others that override what Bethesda did, if anything, I would rather pay the (good and respectful) modders.

You say Steam is awesome, and I see the opposite, I don't like it how it confines you to Steam, but that is personal taste, if I am on the computer that I built, I want everything to be controlled by me (at least on my computer).

And, no you cannot.

You can even back up versions locally from steam.
Free tools (that have no trojan inside them) cost steam money to support and host, and I can see why they would want exclusivity.

I can back up what I want too, it's called SkyDrive, Google Drive, External Drive, or a separate folder, but I can do more than a version.
Nope.
I don't download trojans, because I actually know what I am doing when downloading (like reading comments is a good way).

Nexus will die because:

They have no way to make money other than to cram ad's down your throat.
They ban their authors (their bread and butter) for nothing really.
Authors can't moderate their own threads. They mongor control.
Their site serves up virus's (and on more than a few occasions), it's poorly administered and Security is a major concern. http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/13568/article/skyrim-nexus-reportedly-compromised-by-malware-hack/
The site crashes and halts all the time.
Certain countries are banned from using it because they can't admin or afford good security at The users expense.
They push a membership fee at you.
Their search results suck.
Their owner has serious delusions of grandeur. They are small minded and can't roll with the future of gaming.

When you cut off your own supply of product and mistreat, alienate your user/author base you kill your business, plain and simple.

-AdBlock
-I have only seen authors being banned for not crediting other authors when assets were used, and not attempting to rectify the mistake
-I don't see many people saying they don't have control over their topic, I am pretty sure there is an edit button.
-I haven't seen that happen
-I'll agree on that, they should allow more countries
-I haven't paid Nexus a dime, so not sure on that
-Seems simple to search for me, maybe it's because I know how to search
-Can't say on that, as I don't know the admin, they do seem a bit close minded though, but I don't deal with the staff so I really could care less, and from what I remember, so does Steam thinking they are the "end all" of PC gaming

So, good luck on hating for the sake of hating

Also, anti virus software is a good thing to invest some money in.

Anti-virus's don't catch clever trojan's until billions of dollars have been stolen, if even then. So you are naive to think this.

There is no hate, there is only facts. You can try and say what I wrote there isn't true, but you obviously don't know how to use your computer or you'd know how to version your steam mods, stop the auto updates.

Steam servers at valve are very secure. You'll never have to worry about their programs being hacked, decompiled, weaponized and handed back to it's general audience. This is why they only allow the CK to be downloaded from there. A great security measure choice by Bethesda.

You should stick with your xbox. You know nothing about simple computer administration. If you did, you'd see the steam workshop for what it is, the ultimate in what it does for gamers.

People who go on about steeling (pirating) as if it's ok, and stating seuto facts, and go on and on about the same subect for pages at a time as you have are ranting.

It's an appropriate rating for you.

No you can't. There is no way to disable DLC. You can't even circumvent it with a reinstall because you only have the option to reinstall all content. This constantly raises issues with games. You need only look at the Gearbox forums for Borderlands 2 to see how problematic this is as Gearbox decided to give a game breaking DLC to game Season Pass holders for free as a "gift" that the players didn't ask for, give informed consent for, and can't disable because Steam doesn't provide the option to do so.

To disable DLC's do this:

if you launch Skyrim, and click on "Game Data" (on the small, first menu screen), you have the option to disable the DLC.

To disable auto updates through steam do this:

1) open up steam
2) right click the game you don't want to update automatically
3) click properties on this window
4) click the updates tab
5) click the drop down menu and select "do not automatically update"

A caveat to this is if steam updates it's platform (when you are prompted for an update and have to log back in). These settings may revert and you'll have to go back in and update them again as listed above.

Easy stuff.. not sure where the confusion is here.

Ratings spam is bannable, people. Consider this your final warning.

I sincerely appreciate this message from the moderator. The nexus should take note here. They give a warning before banning people when they make a mistake. Kudos to Skryim forums policy and it's hiring managers!

This is how a real business does business, and is a perfect example of it.

Dagmar

if you launch Skyrim, and click on "Game Data" (on the small, first menu screen), you have the option to disable the DLC.

1) open up steam
4) click the updates tab

Easy stuff.. not sure where the confusion is here.
That doesn't disable DLC. That prevents DLC from downloading. It's also a non-solution because you also can't patch a game for bug fixes because with Steam it's all or none.

That doesn't disable DLC. That prevents DLC from downloading. It's also a non-solution because you also can't patch a game for bug fixes because with Steam it's all or none.

I gave two answers.

A. to disable the DLC's do this:

B. to stop updates do this:

1) open up steam
4) click the updates tab

When steam updates your settings may revert back and you'll have to reset these settings.

This works perfectly for me. If it doesnt work for you, than just use steam in "offline mode".. and you can google how to do that, I'm not explaining anything else as it seems to be a waste of time anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts