• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PrisonerLizzie

So we came upon Angi's camp the other day and decided to take part in some archery training. For those who have never been there this isn't the usual pay the trainer get your skill leveled training. She takes you down to some targets and actually has you shoot practice arrows at them and you pass or fail. While more difficult I can appreciate this kind of training more because its actual training. Are there any other such trainers (other then just get out there and do it) in the game?

I can't think of any other similar training, unless you count the initial training in Smithing, though that doesn't raise your ability level. BTW, did you do the second round of training with Angi?

There re several cases where you gain a single level of some skill for helping someone , Ysolda and Speech, Amren and one handed etc.

Saozig

Hippy
You need the Archery perks Eagle Eye and Steady Hand to do the second and third rounds. Or at least I did. I haven't done the forth round but I understand the Slow Time shout will help with that.

Angi is unique among trainers in Skyrim. None of the others have a "program" where you actually have to complete task successfully to level up. Shame, because she's exactly what i wish most of the trainers were like. Minus all the stories about her tragic life.

Another thing that's different about Angi is all the other trainers have a level cap--common up to 50, expert up to 75 and expert up to 90. You can train with Angi all the way up 100 in Archery.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You don't need the Slow Time shout to complete the final test. I had Eagle Eye and both Steady Hand perks and completed all 4 tests in one run with my Bosmer archer.

No other NPC's that I know of will actually give you training quests to gain skill points but there are several that will give you quests with skill training rewards that share the trait that you gain the points regardless of how high your skill is. They include the Bard's College NPC's that give you quests to recover lost instruments.

PrisonerLizzie

You don't need the Slow Time shout to complete the final test. I had Eagle Eye and both Steady Hand perks and completed all 4 tests in one run with my Bosmer archer.

No other NPC's that I know of will actually give you training quests to gain skill points but there are several that will give you quests with skill training rewards that share the trait that you gain the points regardless of how high your skill is. They include the Bard's College NPC's that give you quests to recover lost instruments.
I've done the Bard's college. I just like the idea of a safe way to actually practice the skill to get the training. I think it would be cool if the game had more trainers like Angi though.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I once did Angi without perks, not easy but doable. A seasoned and experienced archer can do the challenges with or without perks. That said the perk Eagle Eye is a must have for anyone who is unused to hitting long ranged targets without it's zoom. Steady Hand was unneeded as I am well adapt in rapidly aiming and firing arrows. However Angi is a unique trainer in this case.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts