Ancient Shrouded Cowl Glitching

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
My ancient shrouded cowl has started to glitch. When I equip it, it does not appear on my characters head? Ive checked my active effects and I'm getting the +35% extra bow damage, but when I switch to 3rd person. I'm wearing nothing on my head? This never happened with the normal cowl? It also worked at the start. Minus the face covering as I'm a khajiit.

Anyway to fix this glitch?

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
If this helps. It was working fine until I equipped my theives guild cowl to sell some stuff. Instead of swapping, it equipped both cowls at the same time. Yet it showed I was wearing the TG cowl. Once I was done, I unequipped both, re-equipped the ancient shrouded cowl and it started not showing at all on my character. Quite annoying. As I look a little naked up top without a cowl. (I didnt choose any hair style)

Friday is My Day!

I encountered the exact same thing when I was playing through with my Khajit rogue character. Here, I managed to grab this article off of The Elder Scrolls Wiki for you.

360 There is an error in loading its texture, and the game will allow the player to equip some certain second head armor such as Dragon Priest Masks, combining both armors' enchantments and armor ratings. This is verified to work with the Falmer Helmet and circlet combo for a total of three head pieces. (360)

I was quite happy when I found the glitch because I didn't like the way the Shrouded Cowls looked on the Khajit, but I knew I couldn't pass up 35% extra bow damage. I equip the cowl, then the Nightingale mask over it as the Nightingale mask just looks straight up awesome. Hope this helped!

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
That's cool, but say if i didn't want to use that glitch and just play fair.

How can i get the shrouded cowl back to visible when worn??? Ive tried un-equipping and equipping. Ive even tried dropping it and re-picking it up! Nothing seems to bring it back!!!!

Friday is My Day!

I don't think it can be fixed man, sorry. I guess you could just wear the original cowl. Or the Nightingale mask!

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
I don't think it can be fixed man, sorry. I guess you could just wear the original cowl. Or the Nightingale mask!

NOOOOOOOO!!!! There must be a way! p.s. im on 360 so no console commands.

Friday is My Day!

I'm on 360 as well. I wish I could help more man, maybe you can find something on the internet! Sorry!

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
Wish I could help out but I'm a Wood Elf and we despise Khajit.

jk, seriously, idk how to help you out. :sadface:

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
That's ok. Wood Elves are one step away from being Forest Fairy's. Khajiit are not threatened by your kind.

I'll try a few things tonight. See if I can un-glitch it.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Ok I kind of got it back. I re-equipped the regular shrouded cowl and it showed on my character fine. I still have the ancient one equipped to so I technically have +55% extra damage with the both (stacked). That's... Well freaking awesome. And it looks like I'm wearing the full set as the face coverings don't work on Khajiit anyway with the ancient cowl.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
LOL. Archery can get so overpowered in this game that you don't need the extra 15% damage from the Ancient Cowl.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts