Analyzing the New Animations Trailer

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Flamingtaco

Awesome new trailer. Two of the major things I noticed were decapitations, so we can confirm that its not just that execution in the g4 preview, and an automaton. Now the automaton is particularly interesting to me. I think we saw a brief glimpse of it once before. I assume this is of Dwemer origin and I think there was a particularly powerful one that was part of the plot of Daggerfall. Hopefully we can get more insight on this.

Sheogorath

Cheese for everyone.
I love the fact that we can lop heads of now.. I tend to favor more gore in games it just adds to the realism. (Except the fallout perk that makes insane gore, shoot a guy in the head and all of his limbs fall off lol)

Flamingtaco

I love the fact that we can lop heads of now.. I tend to favor more gore in games it just adds to the realism. (Except the fallout perk that makes insane gore, shoot a guy in the head and all of his limbs fall off lol)
I like ridiculous gore more than realistic gore, for example Team Fortress 2, although I don't like much else about that game. Fallout looks really exaggerated from what I saw but all in all pretty awesome. I'm glad that this time around the game is actually starting off with a mature rating, although honestly I have no idea how oblivion got away with a teen rating anyway before the topless mod scandal.

Tusck

What are you talking about! I'm going to learn to mod just so I can mod in bloody mess for every finishing move lol. LOVE IT!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Is it just me or am I more excited to fight robots than dragons? goddamn. its in 2 days and I am stunned by a trailer again.

Flamingtaco

What are you talking about! I'm going to learn to mod just so I can mod in bloody mess for every finishing move lol. LOVE IT!
Theoretically that shouldn't be too difficult if you alter the script for decapitations to apply to other limbs as well. Maybe the author of deadly reflexes for obivion can do it since he made dismemberment for that game without anything like this to work from.

Travis

I guess I'm the loner on this topic, but gore doesn't do anything for me, and excessive gore distracts me from the gameplay. I really like it when games like AC, let me turn the gore off, so I can just focus on the amazing animations, and beautiful art. Plus, it means I can get away with playing in front of the wife, who is sensitive to that stuff. She is a gamer, but still fairly sensitive to blood and guts.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I guess I'm the loner on this topic, but gore doesn't do anything for me, and excessive gore distracts me from the gameplay. I really like it when games like AC, let me turn the gore off, so I can just focus on the amazing animations, and beautiful art. Plus, it means I can get away with playing in front of the wife, who is sensitive to that stuff. She is a gamer, but still fairly sensitive to blood and guts.
I kind of agree on you. I'm so not used to gore in TES games so I am a little unprepared for it. But I am pretty good with gore. I mean, I went to a cadaver lab with real human corpses and dissected animals many times. Also, gore makes kills even more satisfying in most cases.

Travis

I kind of agree on you. I'm so not used to gore in TES games so I am a little unprepared for it. But I am pretty good with gore. I mean, I went to a cadaver lab with real human corpses and dissected animals many times. Also, gore makes kills even more satisfying in most cases.
Wow. Are you a med student?

Flamingtaco

Also, gore makes kills even more satisfying in most cases.
Agreed. If I hit someone with a sword I dont want to see them just fall over without any damage to ther body or any blood.
You went to a lab with actual human corpses in high school? :O wow I could never do that, too squeamish in real life.

Travis

Agreed. If I hit someone with a sword I dont want to see them just fall over without any damage to ther body or any blood.
You went to a lab with actual human corpses in high school? :O wow I could never do that, too squeamish in real life.
Disagree. I think it's just distracting. I want to see them react, not just fall over, but gushing spurts don't make it anymore exiting for me. Maybe there is something wrong with me :)

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Yeah. It's not something you get used to right away. I felt pretty sick for the first few minutes of visiting there. Mostly the smell
Disagree. I think it's just distracting. I want to see them react, not just fall over, but gushing spurts don't make it anymore exiting for me. Maybe there is something wrong with me :)
No, that's pretty normal. I have a friend who is can't handle gore very well. That's why he can't play left 4 dead 2 all that well. I just see it as a visual cue that says 'that guy is REALLY dead now'. or maybe more. Not really sure

Travis

yeah. I couldn't play that game either. Which is too bad, because I love co-op, and I heard that game has amazing co-op.

Flamingtaco

That's why he can't play left 4 dead 2 all that well. I just see it as a visual cue that says 'that guy is REALLY dead now'. or maybe more. Not really sure
Well in the case of Left 4 Dead where they are already dead, like really really dead now. I think having a content filter like in AC or GOW or Black ops is certainly not a bad thing, and just makes a game more appealing to some people.

Flamingtaco

Freakin' wicked. That's so awesome that he did a finisher on a giant!
I know right! I don't know how people can complain about the finishers at all. Also people really dislike melee combat but it honestly looks perfectly fine to me. Then again I actually enjoyed combat in Oblivion.

Bobbyleez

After reading all this I kind of feel bad for liking Soldier of Fortune: double helix... Which is pretty much just gore...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts