• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    It has been a thousand years since the end of the civil war. Skyrim has rejoined the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion has withdrawn to Valenwood, Elsweyr, and Alinor. Centuries later, both the Dominion and the Empire have become space borne, colonizing dozens of planets in the system. While both factions are hostile, they tolerate each other, for the time being. However, the Dominion has begun to send ships out of the system, searching for nearby star systems to conquer in the name of the Dominion. A Dominion star destroyer, Glory of the Altmer has gone missing in deep space. Although reluctant to call upon outside help, the Dominion has sent out a call for help from pirates, smugglers, and mercenaries. Co-ordinates are sent out to all ships within the system, for a team to assemble at Starflare station, at the border of Imperial/Dominion space. The mercenary light cruiser,Dragons' Talon is in the system, ready to assist, for a price of course.

Cast
    9/9​
    TheShadedOne as:Yil'Tar'ia (Ria) Khajiit female, mercenary, captain of the Dragons' Talon
    Garza, Argonian male, mercenary
    Mila, Khajiit female, mercenary, comm officer of the Dragons' Talon
    Drahkma as: Jonathan Rakes, Imperial, Soldier
    Andre Marek as: Aden Marek, Nord, Bounty Hunter
    SkyrimFreak as: Silvi, Bosmer, Assassin
    Madrar as: Arcanu Morne,Altmer, Assassin
    TheOperator as:Alain the fire hearted,male Imperial, Thief/Assassin​
    Ponder as: Griffith Visellyn, Breton,male Engineer/Mechanic
    Vixen Blackbriar as Helena Valorian,female Imperial,Medic.
    Lissandra T'Loak, female Dunmer, Assassin
    Grawl, male Orc, Thug
    Simus as Jessica Psyrakon, female Imperial, Engineering student.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    The light cruiser Dragons' Talon flickered with pseudo motion as it dropped out of hyperspace just as Yil'Tar'ia, or Ria, as she was known to her crew, reached the bridge. She was clad in a loose, red shirt, tight black pants, and leather boots, her off-duty attire. She glanced around the bridge crew, mostly Khajiit, human, and a few Altmer. The silver-blue eyed captain of the ship glanced down to the communications officers' stations, where her younger sister, Mila, sat, looking up at her expectantly. The sub light engines sent the cruiser towards the space station known as Starflare station. The space station was shaped roughly like a diamond, with docking arms stretching out, ready to pull ships in for docking. "Hail the docking office. Get us permission to dock" Mila nodded, and turned to the comm station, calling up the docking officer on duty, an angry looking Dunmer. "This is the freelance light cruiser Dragons' Talon, requesting docking permission" the female khajiit said, in her smooth voice, that could soothe even the most agitated.

The dark elf glanced down, at his console, before nodding. "Your cleared for dock A-twelve." Sighing, he said "Don't out stay your welcome". The cruiser slowly maneuvered itself along side the docking tube, lining up its' port side with the station, and fastening to it. Nodding in satisfaction, she glanced at her second in command, a green scaled Argonian by the name of Garza. "Get that new girl...Silvi, and a few others. Let's see what kind of scum we can recruit for the Sabres today" the Argonian nodded, and headed towards the crew quarters, barking orders to those he wanted to accompany him to the station. Ria sighed, and adjusted her blasters on her hips. She wasn't too thrilled to be at Starflare. Sure, it looked nice, and squeaky clean when you arrived, but the farther you went, the more you were exposed to the filth and corruption. However, the leader of the Red Sabre Mercenary group had no fear of being gutted in the street. If someone was stupid enough to pick a fight with the Sabres, they were bound to lose. The group looked out for its' members.

"State your business!" Barked an official, and Ria grinned wickedly, walking well into the mans' personal comfort zone, and pressing herself to his side. "You don't need to know my business..." she purred, dropping a substantial purse of septims into his hand. The man grinned and nodded, stepping aside, and the Khajiit mercenary chuckled. As long as you had money and skills, you would flourish on Starflare.

Garza made a point of glowering at the crewmen and women as he passed them. He was in his dark red armour, the default armour of the group, with a black saber on each shoulder. His four inch long spikes that ran down his back were rather obvious as well, poking out from the two inch armour plate on his back. So far, he had three other Sabres with him, and was searching for the fourth, a Bosmer by the name of Silvi. He didn't really know her but she had joined up not too long ago. Why the boss wanted her off the ship made no sense to him. On that note, he wished she'd taken him with her. Starflare station was no place for a lone woman to be. Especially one with her good looks. Then the tall Argonian chuckled and shook his head. 'She can take care of herself' he reminded himself, remembering the last thug that had tried anything on the merc leader.

SkyrimFreak

Silvi couldn't help but be slightly excited. She didn't know all the details but the Aldmeri Dominion had asked for ships like the one she was already on, the Dragons' Talon, to go to Starflare Station, apparently for help. They won't be disappointed by what they find... She checked her equipment quickly, making sure they were in good condition. "Good" Silvi muttered. She grabbed some money from a safe she had hid. Silvi had heard a bit about Starflare, that it was corrupt. I won't be caught by surprise at least. She spotted Garza and a few others through the doorway, looking for someone. Most likely me. She hadn't gotten to know him very well, but it was clear he wasn't one to keep waiting. Silvi briskly walked towards Garza and said, "Well, I guess you were looking for me. Here I am." She glanced at the other three, there wasn't anything currently noteworthy. Can't dismiss them yet, of course.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    In the back corner of some dingy bar located in the dark corner of Starflare Station sat a man. He was alone, and no one dared approach the table. Even bathed in shadow, one could tell a large figure was there. Every now and again the man's head would turn and look out at the bar. Though he had no drink in front of him the waiters didn't approach him, because they knew he was simply here on business. Though the fact he had multiple weapons sitting on the table didn't hurt. The man was meticulously taking apart and cleaning his weapons multiple guns lay there and his large gloved hands somehow had enough dexterity to handle the small pieces. A small Argonian entered the bar, and his beady eyes searching the walls. They pasted over the man before snapping back, the nervous looking lizard moved towards the man taking a seat across from him.

“A new ship just docked... Looks like a mercenary vessel. Nothing to fancy but decent looking ship,” The Argonian's smile wasn't forced he knew he was safe. A common saying is 'Pasha to valuable to kill, to annoying not to consider it.' He looked at the large man in front of him, who hadn't stopped to look up from his weapons.

“Any one can get a decent looking ship, has anyone gotten off it?” Came the even toned response. Pasha was surprised this was one of the few times the man even responded to his news beyond a grunt. The Argonian quickly tried to remember who he saw get off the ship.

“A woman... A Khajiit woman... She bribed a guard and I think was waltzing in this direction.” Pasha left out that there would likely be others affiliated with the ship leaving as well.

The man simply grunted as he slammed the last piece of his blaster into place. The man began storing the weapons onto his person, while Pasha simply watched. Pasha fought down the urge to cough and ask for his pay as a thud of a coin purse hitting the table was heard. The whole bar suddenly looked at the tables direction all the thieves and muggers recognizing that sound. Pasha didn't go for the gold as the man across from him got out of his seat.

His form becoming more defined in the light. He stood tall little over six feet, though he was in general a massive man. His body covered in heavy armor, a mix of ancient looking dragon bones and modern woven armor. The holsters at his sides holding two blasters that looked customized beyond belief. On the man's back was another armament of a long ago age, a long sword was in its scabbard across his back. He picked up his last weapon, a large unique looking sniper rifle that went onto his back forming an X with the sword.

The last thing to emerge from the shadows was the man's head... or more correctly his helmet. It was round like a skull there were no eye hole's but Pasha knew that the glass of the helmet would let him see out, but not let others see in. It was a dulling but once bright yellow, and it was painted with a caricature of a smile. Favoring the world with a large toothy grin.

Pasha shivered as the man's shadow passed over him. It felt odd to the Argonian that he could feel the shadow even though he was already in darkness. When he looked back up the man was already gone. Pasha knew he would be looking for the new arrivals, but he had to wonder was it for a job or to eliminate a rival.

blue 468

Yelling and cheering boomed throughout the marketplace as the inhabitants cried for blood, Ciaus did it again, or that's what he was thinking to himself. He couldn't let a man get away without apologizing for bumping into him, of course the Orc was at least two feat taller than him and about twice as wide but that didn't stop him from throwing the first punch. He had hoped to knock out the brute in one hit but the Orc had other plans, picking Ciaus up and throwing him into a fruit stand causing a commotion. Ciaus bobbed and weaved trying to use his speed to his advantage throwing in punches when ever he could, in till finally the Orc got tired of it and picked up a steel pole and swung it over his head down on Ciaus. Ciaus stepped forward pulling his spear and stabbing it in to the orc. Every thing went silent and then the marching of the legion was heard, cursing Ciaus ran from the scene through the back alleys in till he ran head first into a Khajiit woman.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    "Well, I guess you were looking for me. Here I am." The Bosmer girl said, glancing at the other three fully armoured mercenaries, two men and a woman, standing behind him. "Yes, I was" the Argonian said, waving for the elf to follow him. He lead the four of them down the corridor, and outside into the the space station. He motioned for the three other mercenaries to set up in a loose perimeter, keeping an eye out for gangs that might be a little unhappy with the merc's presence on the station. "By the Hist, I hate this place" grumbled Garza, turning to the last mercenary, Silvi. "We're gonna stay here, wait for some people to recruit. Officially, you're supposed to stay as well, but you're new with the Sabres, you can go out and about. Just be back by tonight, unless you have...other arrangements" he said, eyeing the female. The others chuckled, not maliciously, but in a kind of comradely way.

******​
    Ria grunted as some moron slammed into her, knocking her to the ground. "Idiot!" she snarled, rolling to her feet, drawing a blaster, and aiming it at the man. "What the hell do you think you're doing, running around like that?" She said, here eyes narrowed in annoyance and suspicion. If he tried anything, she'd be more than happy to blast him without a second thought.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    An Imperial clad in pitch-black armor save for his head and arms, the surface of which seemed to swirl like an ocean, looked out over Starflare Station, listening to the hustle and bustle of the sleazy station which laid below. He had come here two months prior in search of new adventure, and for the most part, he had found it. Rapid footsteps along the wide metal walkway where he stood told Alain that hither came some of that new adventure.

"You! Thief! Stop right there!" Alain turned at the sound of those words, that ancient phrase which always roused him from his thoughts, and stopped. Funny, he thought, I never hear that when I've actually stolen anything. Or at least, they've never actually seen me do the deed when they call out. "Come on! Hand it over!" Alain grinned. "Hand what over?" The Imperial's heart began to pump. "We're not in the mood for your games, thief. Hand it over!"

"All right," Alain said slowly, knowingly. "I'll hand it over." The guards raised their blaster carbines to a semi-steady height as Alain gingerly put up his hands. The Imperial could hardly keep from moving, but he showed no sign of his anxiousness; instead, he turned his gaze to something in the middle-distance beyond the pair of guards before him. "Well? Come on, then!" I'll hand it over, all right. As the guards became curious what Alain was staring at and began to turn their heads in unison, Alain acted, jolting one guard's blaster up into the other's helmet using his right hand, simultaneously drawing his magicka blade with his left, setting it to stun with a thought, and swiftly jabbing the guard whose weapon was being used against his ally. The shock caused an involuntary reaction, wherein the one guard fried the other's brain and kept on firing wildly as his companion fell dead. Alain pushed the out-of-control weapon away and threw the guard over a nearby railway, following immediately, and using the guard's body as a human shield against the impact with a stall's roof. As he rode the body down, the Imperial couldn't help but let out a cry brought on by the adrenaline.

He rolled sideways quickly and was back on his feet in no time, sprinting down an alleyway and brushing past the various citizens who patronized Starflare Station. The guard posts that interspersed the Station rang out a shrill alarm, telling Alain that his victims had been found, but it was too late for the law to catch up with him. He ducked between two dingy shops into a completely different thoroughfare, flanking the main landing dock for most of the bigger vessels that came and went in Starflare Station. Alain slipped into an open-fronted bar opposite the docks run by a Thieves' Guild fence, and took a seat on a lopsided stool.

"I heard 'em playin' your anthem, buddy," the bartender said in a gruff monotone. "You best not be bringin' the law around here. Bad for business."

"I lost them," Alain reassured the Nord behind the bar. "And I brought you a little something, too." He snapped a blue orb into his hand, and channeling his magicka, he opened the orb into a small portal. Reaching in, he pulled out a pair of ornate but tarnished daggers, a couple necklaces, and a dress. The fence began digging into his register, and pulled out a hefty handful of Septims. He poured the money into a small pouch, tied the end and held it out to the thief, who reached for the coins, but found the bag to be pulled back. "First, you tell me how in Oblivion you got your hands on a dress?" Said the fence with a laugh.

"Another time, perhaps." Alain drummed his fingers quickly, still feeling the adrenaline buzz from his escape plus the very memory of how he had come into possession of the dress. "Oh, all right. By the way, you see that ship over there?" The Nord pointed to a distant ship which had recently docked. "I hear the crew there's workin' a job for the Elves. Thought you might want to give it a look-see."

"Thanks, I will." Alain gave a grin and a wink, then turned and set off sprinting for the docks.

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    They hadn't seen him yet.

Griffith stuck his head further into the belly of the compact starfighter. Loose wires dangled from their sockets, tangling around his shoulders like Legion restraints. There was no mistaking those boots--the embossed dragon exposed their allegiance and their rigid, disciplined steps betrayed their intentions. Griffith fiddled with the engine circuits in an effort to appear busy. Several feet away, the soldiers stopped. They couldn't see his face, not yet, but a few steps closer and he'd be exposed.

Griffith inhaled deeply, the bitter taste of soot and stale air filling his mouth.

"Well, what is it?" a voice called. Another pair of boots approached. They were dark and torn; victims of innumerable grease spills. "What do you lot want from me?"

One of the soldiers turned. "Are you Esbjorn Jagson?"

"I am."

"We're searching for a man. This man." There was a pause. "Have you seen him?"

"What do you want him for?"

"Desertion and murder."

Murder? It was an accident! From his hiding place, Griffith scowled. It wasn't his fault. They'd expected so much from him. Too much. A thousand years of honor and glory in service to the Legion, that was his family's legacy. But he never wanted that. He didn't want to die like his sister, snuffed from existence by a rogue missile and left to drift in the frozen purgatory of interplanetary space.

After another long pause, Esbjorn spoke. "Nope. Never seen him in my life."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"He's been seen in this area," said one of the soldiers. "If you learn anything about his whereabouts, or if you see him, let us know." As they turned and marched out of the garage, Griffith breathed a sigh of relief. After several minutes, Esbjorn spoke.

"Oy! Griff! Get over here!"

"Yes, boss?" Griffith pushed himself out from beneath the starfighter. Esbjorn stood over him, frowning through his dark beard.

"That's the second time this week, Griff. I don't know what you did, and I don't care. You're damn good at what you do, but I can't afford this. I'm sorry, but you've got to go."

"Go where, boss?"

"I don't know. Anywhere. Space. Theren. Somewhere away from here."

"What about my pay?"

Esbjorn pulled out a wrinkled envelope. "Here take it. You've got an hour to get your things."

Griffith took the envelope gratefully. "Thanks. I'll be gone soon."

"Good." Esbjorn nodded. "And Griff? Good luck."

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Aden Marek slowly crawled through the ventilation systems above docking bay A-eleven aboard the infamous space station, Starflare. He'd been moving at a painstakingly slow pace for the last hour now in an attempt to arrive at docking bay A-thirteen where his target was due in less than ten minutes. He had to pick it up if he wanted to cross over the finale bay between himself and his overwatch position in time. Pausing one finale time to do a quick scan with the electronics suite built into his helmet, Aden noticed that the station had received a new guest in the last few minutes. Bay A-twelve was now occupied by a rather large ship when compared to the usual light freighters and single person fighters that were its norm. Interesting... Wonder who that belongs to. Better run it. Aden began moving again as he spoke inside his sealed helmet, completely unheard outside of the ominous visor. With a few words he had his in suit computer do a search for any ship that matched the specifications of the one that had just landed. It would take his suit a while to complete his request so he sent the search pane to the bottom of his HUD, where it wouldn't be a nuisance while he worked.

After a few more minutes of shuffling through the cramped duct work, Aden finally arrived at a grate overlooking docking bay A-thirteen. After some careful maneuvering he was able to swing his blaster rifle, which he had already attached a muzzle suppressor to, off his shoulder and set himself in a shooting position with the muzzle just inside the grating. He was just in time too. Not a minute after he was set up, a ship sung into his view with its landing gear extended. The hiss of hydraulics and the expulsion of steam and vapor almost hid the telltale noise of a boarding ramp being lowered as the mid sized freighter came to rest on the opposite side of the hanger from Aden.

Slowly exhaling, Aden lowered his rangefinder and looked through the scope, lining up on the bottom of the ramp where the target would present himself. With a few quick blinks directed at the various symbols on his HUD, Aden was given the exact range to target as well as a recent image of the target himself for verification, along with other less consequential things, like the make and model of the ship and its crew and manifest from the customs records of the station. Through the narrow focus of the scope he watched as two, then three crewmen exited the craft. A minute passed. Then, he saw boots coming down the ramp, and then a belt with attached holster, the finally, the mans head and face came into view. The targeting computer in the scope took only milliseconds to superimpose the image of the man below him to the one on his HUD and then flash green once to verify that he was indeed the man he was after. Aden squeezed the trigger ever so slowly and the powerful blaster rifle bucked once against his shoulder.

--------

Aden was now crawling back down the way he'd come while the screams and panicked voices of the mans crew echoed after him. He had no need to retrieve evidence of his kill. His helmet had recorded everything and sent it to his benefactor immediately. No, right now he was in the process of checking his bank account in anticipation of the funds that would be transferred to it. As if on cue, he watched as the numbers before his eyes scrolled, stopping when they had increased by ten thousand septims. Smiling, Aden chuckled to himself. Too easy! He wasn't half as clever as he was made out to be... I need some real work before I forget what it feels like! Aden was moving much more quickly now than when he had moved into position. He was nearly to the point where he could exit the vents and join the rest of the space stations inhabitants in the vertical world.

Just then, his helmet chimed. It had finished his earlier request about the mystery ship. With a blink he opened the file. It was the Dragon's Talon. An infamous mercenary cruiser owned and captained by a young Khajiit named Yil'Tar'ia. How someone her age had become the captain of a full fledged cruiser was nothing short of extradinary. Aden had heard occasional mutterings about the Talon and her crew but he had never actually laid eyes on her or any of the mercs that called it home either. He couldn't help but wonder what she was doing here now. He knew of no real jobs available for mercs with that kind of firepower. Whtevr the reason, Aden was immediately interested in finding an answer. To that end, he would need to do some information gathering.

Opening another search, Aden first hacked into the camera systems for the docking bays and leafed through them until he found the one covering bay A-twelve. From he recording he was able to pull the image of Captain Yil'Tar'ia and then program his helmet to find her location by tracking her using the camera systems of the entire station. Satisfied that he would have her location within the hour, Aden closed the window as he finally reached the end of the tunnel.

SkyrimFreak

"Officially, you're supposed to stay as well, but you're new with the Sabres, you can go out and about. Just be back by tonight, unless you have...other arrangements" She smirked slightly, "I'll be back by nightfall." Silvi wasn't sure where she was going to go first, but decided to browse some shops, she had the money. I'll look for a gun shop, I could use something stronger than a handgun in close quarters... Maybe a blaster. As it turned out, there were plenty of gun shops around, and a while later, she walked out 55 septims lighter, and a blaster to add to her arsenal. Silvi looked at her new gun and decided she had made a good choice. Better test this out soon. She looked at a clock conveniently placed right outside the shop and realized it was already getting late. I'll just eat on the way... I'm not too hungry anyway. She headed over to one of the stands in the market and bought a couple apples, noting that there had clearly been a fight recently. Not like its unusual of course. Silvi started to walk back to the Dragons' Talon, fingering her gun in case she ran into some drunk idiot thinking she was some commoner with no means to defend herself against... whatever he would probably want to do.

blue 468

Ciaus stood up slowly grumbling, he looked up to see a blaster pointed at his face. "Don't do anything we'll both regret" He said holding up his hands showing he was unarmed "Just ran in to a bit of trouble with the law so if you don't mind" He slowly tried to walk past the cat but the guard showed up all armed with batons and rifles "YOU THERE!" The lead man yelled "By the order of the Emperor you are under arrest. You to!" He said pointing at the woman.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Arcanus sighed in frustration, curling his right hand into a fist, as he faced the three Dominion soldiers. "Sir, I can't give out information on visiting diplomats" the lead soldier insisted for the fourth time in the five minutes he'd been speaking with the mer. The Altmer assassin was clad in his black armour, and coat, his sniper rifle, an elegant, long barreled weapon was strapped across his back, and an elegant ebony sword was sheathed on his left hip. 'I should have just announced myself and had her arrested' he thought to himself irritably. He was hunting an Imperial diplomat that had hired several smugglers to raid an Altmer lords' vaults on Aldemer. Among thousands of Septims, were several classified military documents, that the Ruling Council wanted back as soon as possible. Arcanus Morne, the official 'fixer' for the Dominion, was sent to Starflare station.

Unfortunately, he was trying to stay undercover, and in this section of the station, Altmer soldiers picked up on that faster than the assassin would have liked. The diplomat, Arla Endersin, was leaving in just under an hour, and Arcanus was running out of time. Snarling in frustration, he pulled his official I.D from a belt pouch and held it up to the leaders' face plate. "Satisfied?" He snarled, stuffing the identification away. Apparently, the soldiers didn't want to delay him any longer than was absolutely necessary. They stepped to the side, allowing the assassin free passage. Growling thanks, the unaccented Altmer, made his way deeper into the station, ignoring the curious looks people shot his way. Most of their eyes lingered on the lack of hair on the elf's head. Weapons were expected, even the norm on Starflare. An Altmer without any hair on his head, was apparently, somewhat of a novelty.

Consulting the information scrolling down his data pad, he noted that her last known location was the market district. Arcanus frowned, and unclipped his helmet from his belt, placing the black metal helmet onto his head. Automatically, the datapad linked to his helmet, and he shut the pad down. With a couple of blinks, he shut down the scrolling info, as well. He set his helmet to use facial recognition software, searching for Arla. Minutes, later, he'd found her. Climbing to the maintenance catwalks above the marketplace, he took his rifle from his back, and knelt, the shadows cast from the overhead lights providing perfect cover. Removing a stretchy, polymer carbon-fiber rope, fifty metres long, and tied it securely to the walkway's security rail.

Then he lifted his rifle, setting the butt of his rifle against his left shoulder, looking down the scope, and placing the targets brown haired head squarely in the cross hairs. She had no bodyguards, nor was she armed. 'Stupid, or insanely brave' Arcanus decided. Then he decided he didn't care, and squeezed the trigger, then again. A double tap, quick and clean. Well...relatively clean. Despite the fact that laser bolts instantly cauterized injuries, it didn't stop the brains and pieces of skull scattering across the floor of the marketplace. Placing his rifle back across his shoulders and back, he seized the rope, and vaulted the security railing. He hit the ground hard, and knelt, absorbing the impact. Immediately, he was up, and heading towards the dead woman.

He knew he had to be quick before what passed for station security or Imperial soldiers showed up. Kneeling beside the corpse, ignoring the few shocked gasps and screams, he riffled through her clothing, grunting in satisfaction as his gloved fingers closed around the data pad. A quick look told him that it held the information the Dominion was after. 'Stupid. Definitively stupid' he decided, standing, and heading for the seedier parts of the station. A flashing light in the upper left corner of his helmet caught his attention. An incoming call...that was strange. Arcanus was supposed to call when the job was done, not the other way around. Blinking at it to accept the call, he said "I've secured the information. What is it?" The voice on the other end had the distinct Altmer accent of most of Arcanus' kin.

"We have a serious problem. Get to the Dominion embassy right now" the Altmer assassin cursed under his breath. That meant whatever had gone wrong was too serious to be discussed on a communicator, even one with a secured line, like the one in his helmet. "I'll be right....damn" Imperial soldiers and station security had arrived earlier than expected, and were blocking access to the Altmer embassy. "What!?" The voice on the other end of the comm demanded, sounding both angry and impatient. "I may be compromised. I'll make contact when I can" Already, he was setting his helmet to scan for a clear path,and in instants, it was clear he had to head to the A-section of the docking bays, or be caught. He faded into the crowd, wondering what had gone wrong so badly that he had been contacted by his superiors....Hopefully he'd find out soon.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Ria swore under her breath as the Imperials closed in. "For the love of...okay, pal, I don't who you are, but you're going to go to dock A-Twelve, and talk to the Argonian. Tell him Ria sent you" she glanced at the approaching Imperials, and drew her other blaster, firing a spray of bolts at them. They scrambled for cover, losing sight of both the Khajiit woman and the man. "Go!" She yelled in her best command voice, firing a few more rounds at the Imperials, not hitting them, but keeping them in cover. Certain she'd gotten their attention, she headed into the crowd in the market place, shoving past a few people that were staring at what looked like a dead Imperial woman. 'I hope the Altmer councilor doesn't mind waiting for me a little longer' she thought grimly.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Alain sprinted down the metal walkway heading for the dock that held the ship he was headed for. The Imperial spotted a pile of crates leading up to a large antenna. Alain ran up the crates, threw himself at the antiquated antenna which jutted upward and then sideways, and caught the bar that extended into space. Biting his lip in concentration, Alain swung himself up on the antenna and then let go at the apex of his spin, sending him flying into the skyway, where numerous rush-hour speeders flew every which way. He really didn't need to run, but he just loved the feeling of being alive, of taking a simple walk and turning it into a run for his life, of-

Woah! he exclaimed silently as he bent his body just out of the reach of a speeder which had nearly hit him. Now he was entering the downward trajectory, and he would need to find a speeder to 'hitchhike'. His eyes fell on a yellow sport model, which had a broad hood that was almost made for him to land on it. His electromagnetic gloves and boots pulsed to life, and in seconds they were helping the Imperial to hold tightly onto his ride; not to mention keeping him from flying over the windshield which he was plastered against, a grin on his face. The driver of the vehicle, a Dunmer woman, was screaming loudly as Alain stammered out an apology between laughs and worked on standing up. It wasn't long before they were at dock A-12.

"Well, this is where I get off," Alain said with a smirk, before he threw himself off of the speeder onto the side of a massive cruiser. He slid down the side and landed next to two red-clad mercs. They raised their weapons with a start. "Hello boys! I hear there are some elves who are hiring, and you know where to sign up."

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Everyone was trying to get out of the way, there was some disturbance going through the city like a shock wave. In the shadow of an alley, a large man was looking at his wrist mounted computer. He watched an open contract in the city suddenly become completed, heard rumors of a man running from the guards, murdered imperial diplomat, and the Elves posting up a new job. Now these things occurred a lot in Starflare for sure, but they were all so high profile. Then again it was just how most business was handled, after all why would he be here if it wasn't.

Mikhail Death-Stroke was the man in the helmet of the mercenary known as Mr. Smiley. His cheery alter-ego was well known in the darker circles as one of the top tier contractors of the system, the fact that he was utterly neutral in his selection of jobs didn't seem to hurt. He looked back at his computer and read more about the Dominion's newest posting. It seemed to be outside Starflare which of course meant he needed a ship. Mikhail looked at his computer, wondering what he was going to do.

Since it is on The Network, Mikhail thought. There must be an 'official' posting and then someone protecting their interests posted this under the table offer. He sent only one short phrase to the poster of the job: Contract Accepted- Mr. Smiley. The Network ensured healthy and equal competition of “Professionals.” Mikhail actually smiled underneath his grinning visage of a helmet. He began to traverse The Network, and soon found something interesting. A query into the resent docking of a certain ship. Pasha mentioned that, Mikhail recalled and began reading what was found from it. That was one problem with The Network, you can't keep anything secret. Dragon's Talon, Red Sabre... Mikhail began to walk, traversing the maze of alleyways, wondering if a business arrangement could be reached. After all he needed a ship, and Mikhail knew better than to start a job and not speak to possible competitors. Better let them know who else is on the job, often scares them from the "accidental friendly fire" if they know they are aiming at a veteran and not a newbie.

blue 468

Ciaus was surprised for a couple seconds at the Khajiit's kindness and was about to say thank you for the first time since he could remember but the woman shooting at the soldiers snapped him out of it and ran toward the docks not even questioning the mysterious offer. He made a stop first though at a merchant who had been repairing his pistol that had been damaged in an unfortunate smelting accident that left his gun melted in two and a very unlucky Argonian with the tip of his tail sizzling. After retrieving his blaster he made his was to dock A-12 where he saw a fellow Imperial "Hello boys! I hear there are some elves who are hiring, and you know where to sign up." Ciaus walked forward "I'd like to know to." said Ciaus with his hand on his blaster.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
    The tiny escape craft came bounding cautiously into the port of Starflare. The small, expensive craft was a nice way to cleanly make Helena's escape. She removed the visor from her face, pressing the button to open the valve and step out onto the floor of the station. A few guards glanced her way as she struggled to pull a large silver bag from the aircraft, eventually snagging it lose. She smiled as she placed it on the ground, pulling the handle out and securing it over her shoulder. The metallic case was obviously medical supplies, just basics in the instance of any discomfort during travels. It never hurt to be prepared. She had been cleared for landing and moved into the bustling city, which she'd only been to a couple of times during travel. Unlike most of the team that had been secured for exploration into the ship's disappearance, Helena found herself answering the call for a medic on the flight. It was too perfect to be true. Orla couldn't get to her if she didn't even know where she was going. She sighed, moving into the crowd. Right as she began looking for signs towards where she'd heard the ship was docked, the sounds of a gunshot echoed across the busy marketplace. Immediately, the woman walking beside Helena fell dead, as her remnants splashed up onto Helena's nice white boots. She grunted in frustration as a man came to the corpse, searching it, finding it and leaving.
    "Excuse me! But I think you owe me a new pair of boots!"
    Before she could insist, the man took off, leaving Helena alone with the corpse. The city guards charged in, moving to question her. "Did you do this?"
    "Why yes, I just arrived here and I thought the best way to make friends would be to start killing people. I'm not even armed. I would say search me-" she motioned to her skintight suit. "Now please. I have business to attend. The man who shot her was wearing black, he came off as Altmer, so if you'd kindly-"
    She moved past the guards, stepping over the corpse that left her unfazed. It wasn't her first time watching someone die. It certainly wouldn't be the last. And it wasn't her first time on Starflare. She continued past the guards, moving over to the opening of the docking station-A. She'd be out of here in no time.

Lissandra looked over the marketplace, sighing as she watched Helena deal with the guards. She was standing near the place the other assailant had just been standing, melded into the wall with a flick of her camouflage. She looked down at the difficult woman, watching her push her way past the guards, only to be followed and pestered even further the quicker she tried to walk away. Dock A. She knew where she was going. She pulled a comm from her pocket, dialing in and speaking carefully.
    "Grawl. Dock A. There's only one ship in there. Grab her and let's get back to Orla."
    A grunt answered her demands as she watched a massive orc follow the woman and guards through the dock. Then, sliding back into her camouflage, Lissandra dove into the reforming crowd, darting after the pair. She'd have Helena back in no time.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    A notification popped up in the corner of Adens HUD. He was currently standing high above the market area outside of docking arm A's terminal, scanning the crowd with the full range of detection and sensor packages he had at his disposal. The small icon was flashing blue in an attempt to gan his attention but he was currently preoccupied with searching for the Dragons Talon's Captain who, according to the stations security systems, was somewhere in the undulating crowd below. From his perch on a maintenance catwalk nearly one hundred fifty feet above the market he had an excellent view of everything happening in the area. As he stood, waiting for a hit on his sensors, Aden noticed a slight movement on the opposite side of the market, at nearly the same height as himself. Curious, he directed his gaze to where he'd seen the movement. Nothing... at least not with the naked eye. With a few rapid blinks, he had his visor zoom in on the area and switch to a thermal image. Instantly he was staring at the easily recognizable shape of a man holding a snipers rifle, aiming somewhere down in the crowd.

Even as Aden watched, the man fired once, then twice. Appearing satisfied, the mysterious figure slung his weapon and vaulted over the railing of the catwalk he was on, sliding to ground level via a rope fastened to the railing. Aden watched as the darkly clad man rushed through the crowd until he came to the nearly decapitated corpse of a woman. Rifling through her clothes for a moment the man then stood and slipped a data pad into his coat before making a beeline for the exit. Before he got very far, he was cut off by security personnel but he simply turned and headed for the terminal leading to arm A. Aden lost sight of him after that but he made a quick note on his helmets log to investigate the incident later. For now he needed to concentrate on finding that Khajiit.

Almost as soon as he returned to scanning the market, his sensors beeped and a tracking reticule centered on his target of interest. Aden was surprised at the suddenness of it but it was short lived for following behind the Captain was an additional squad of soldiers.

"What the hell? Barely on the station for half an hour and already she's gotten herself into trouble..." Aden mumbled within the confines of his helmet. Rolling his eyes he immediately started placing tracking reticules on the squad following her as well as the other soldiers in the market. He'd be damned if he was going to allow them to detain the girl. He was far too interested in her and her ship being on Starflare to let her be locked up.

In total there were nineteen soldiers now in the market; four following the Captain and another fifteen investigating the mysterious mans target. Shrugging his own rifle off his shoulder, Aden raised the weapon and peered through the sights. with a flick of his thumb he set the rifle to stun only so that he wouldn't have to deal with a bunch of dead soldiers. The last thing he wanted was a bounty on his own head. Although he primarily focused on the man in the scopes crosshairs, his helmets sensors kept him aware of his surroundings by running a constant scan and showing the targeting reticules he placed earlier on the edges of his HUD.

Aden gently squeezed the trigger and watched as his target was throw onto his back by the force of the impact. He needn't worry about being detected because of the suppressor that was still attached to the rifles muzzle. The stun rounds generated an electronic discharge on impact that left their target completely immobilized for nearly ten minutes. Plenty of time to make an escape. Even as the first man was hitting the deck, Aden was shifting his aim to the next closest guard.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Ria glanced back in time to see one of the guards that seemed hell bent on catching up with her go down with a grunt. She hoped the man wasn't dead. Not because she cared about any of them, but she didn't want anyone thinking the Red Sabres were responsible. Yes, they'd killed a lot of guards, on the station and off, but not this time. In the middle of the marketplace, she paused for a moment to get her bearings, before heading in the direction of the Dominion embassy. She had already accepted the job, but she always discussed jobs in person. It gave her employers an idea of who they were really dealing with, instead of just having them pick and choose from a screen.

Adjusting her blasters on her hips, opening the top few buttons of her shirt, the Khajiit mercenary headed inside, breezing past the two Altmer guards. Almost as an afterthought, she hoped whoever had shot those Imperials off her back in the marketplace was smart enough to wait for her outside. She wondered what he, or she wanted from Ria. She didn't kid herself into believing they had helped out of the kindness of their hearts. That wasn't how things worked on Starflare.Ever. She glanced around, until a younger elf offered to lead her to the councilors' chambers. They arrived shortly, and as the door slid closed behind her, Ria noticed how nervous the councilor looked.

Beads of sweat glimmered on his pale gold toned face, and his eyes darted around nervously. "Captain-please, have a seat" 'probably had something to do with that commotion in the marketplace" she thought sourly. If the empire could prove the dominion had killed an imperial diplomat, it would probably lead to another war. "Councilor.How about you fill me in on the details of this 'missing' ship job" the councilor licked his lips and nodded. "Approximately three weeks ago, command lost contact with the Aldmeri Star Destroyer Glory of the Altmer. In the unknown regions." Seeing Ria's sudden frown, the councilor held up his hands "We know there are some inhabited planets in the unknown region. The Glory's mission was to find out what. Now we need you to go out there and find out what happened" Ria sighed again, narrowing her eyes to slits. 'Politicians.Good for absolutely nothing' but she smiled and said "how about we talk about payment, councilor?" This time, the elf looked considerably more relieved. "Twenty thousand septims, for each man of of your....team" the elf sneered at the word.

Ria knew how much the dominion hated hiring mercs'. They much preferred to use dominion assassination squads to get their dirty work done. Apparently, this was too dangerous for even them. The captain didn't like throwing her Sabres into the fire without a good reason, but twenty thousand septims, multiplied by every merc they picked up on the station, and those already on the ship...altogether, that was closed to forty million septims. "Okay, councilor, you have yourself a deal" the councilor looked almost impossibly relieved and nodded, opening the office door with a flick of his fingers. "Good luck, captain.You'll need it" those parting words, for whatever reason, struck Ria as delivered with some strange, dark, meaning behind them. Before she could turn and ask what the man had meant, the office door slid shut in her face. Scowling, the mercenary headed back outside, into the rest of the station, to see if she could find whoever had helped out with the guards.

Garza was no less surprised than the two Sabres' closest to him, a young Imperial man dropped from the speeder lanes above, onto the steel deck plates of the docking station. "Hello boys! I hear there are some elves who are hiring, and you know where to sign up." The large Argonian had been about to reply, when another Imperial walked up, hand on his blaster. "I'd like to know too." ' Wow. Everybody's especially eager to join up today' he reflected, deciding it was because of the assignment. "Well, boys, you came to the right place.Our captain is already talking to the Aldmeri councilor , all you need to do, is sign up" the Argonian handed each of them a data pad. "Just type in your names, ages, residences, and weapon preferences, and you'll be good to go" he explained, giving them his best smile, which also revealed most of his sharp, long teeth. The rest of the mercenaries lowered their weapons, taking the bosses smile as a sign to relax.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    "Just type in your names, ages, residences, and weapon preferences, and you'll be good to go," an Argonian said, handing Alain and another Imperial who had just shown up data pads. Alain took the sleek device in his hand and used his EM glove to cause it to hover. Blinking, he linked his visor to the pad, and proceeded to enter his information. He wondered where it would end up - hopefully not the expansive records of the Dominion. Name: Alain, he thought and watched the words transfer to the screen. "Say, what outfit are you lot in red with?"

"Why do you need my weapon preferences? I'll enter it, but it would be nice to know why." Internally, Alain had a few reservations. The more I think about it, the more it seems like the Thalmor might just be planning to kill us, though before this alleged mission or after is what I'm not sure. The Imperial loved to take risks, but not to get killed (or at least not to get killed after signing up to do so.)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts