Am i the only one that feels horrible when...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Yes, and I went out of my way to find out why. I wanted the poor kid running around Dawnstar and I kept telling him I had no room... poor little guy. I also got the homeless girl from Whiterun.
It's an easy fix, you have to make sure you have two kids beds AND two kids chests. Then you are set.

Morgan

On the contrary, I always equip all my homes with a children's room, but never adopt anyone. Then I go around letting all the kids know I have the room, but just can't be bothered. Then I show them the toys and children's clothing I've gathered, and say "you know, since I have no other use for it, I'm going to go kill a skeever, stow this stuff on its body, raise the skeever and then FUS DO RAH it off a mountain. Maybe you could go sift through the powdered remains at the foot of the Throat of the World. Watch out for giants!" Then I laugh and walk away, eating a goat's leg and waving a wooden sword.

Cren Reon

Lord Mustard
On the contrary, I always equip all my homes with a children's room, but never adopt anyone. Then I go around letting all the kids know I have the room, but just can't be bothered. Then I show them the toys and children's clothing I've gathered, and say "you know, since I have no other use for it, I'm going to go kill a skeever, stow this stuff on its body, raise the skeever and then FUS DO RAH it off a mountain. Maybe you could go sift through the powdered remains at the foot of the Throat of the World. Watch out for giants!" Then I laugh and walk away, eating a goat's leg and waving a wooden sword.
Dafuk?

Wildroses

Yeah. The only, and I mean only reason I decided to start using mods was so I could get the Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions mod. Now Lucia and Sofie never have to be homeless, Alesan and Blaise don't live lives of indentured servitude, and if any children get orphaned by some random dragon/vampire/wildlife attack I will be able to take them in. I feel sorry for pixel people and their tragic unreal lives, sue me.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
EVIL! But FUNNY! FUNNY!

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I would adopt all the orphan kids in Skyrim if I could. I don't know why they limited it to two.

Daelon DuLac

I would adopt all the orphan kids in Skyrim if I could. I don't know why they limited it to two.
'cause more than two might turn you in to one of those Kill 'Em All! freeks. Children can drive you nuts. Personally, I always adopt Lucia (I just like her for some reason) but I'm trying to decide whether I should adopt the homelss boy from Dawnstar that does the running or the kid in Windhelm. I'm leaning towards the kid in Windhelm. At least the kid in Dawnstar has a place to sleep and a job. The poor kid in Windhelm is out on the street in that weather! I would actually luv to adopt Aventus Arentino myself (he is an orphan after all!). I can really relate to him.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
'cause more than two might turn you in to one of those Kill 'Em All! freeks. Children can drive you nuts. Personally, I always adopt Lucia (I just like her for some reason) but I'm trying to decide whether I should adopt the homelss boy from Dawnstar that does the running or the kid in Windhelm. I'm leaning towards the kid in Windhelm. At least the kid in Dawnstar has a place to sleep and a job. The poor kid in Windhelm is out on the street in that weather! I would actually luv to adopt Aventus Arentino myself (he is an orphan after all!). I can really relate to him.

I adopted Hroar (pronounced ROAR like a LION!) and Runa. I like them both very much. BTW, I'm giving them 1000 gold a week in allowance. Because I can.

Daelon DuLac

I adopted Hroar (pronounced ROAR like a LION!) and Runa. I like them both very much. BTW, I'm giving them 1000 gold a week in allowance. Because I can.
I did to. I liked Hroar (I adopted him on another build), but, there are orphans that have it so much worse than he. He has the orphanage and can always find work in Riften when he gets old enough. Now I search out the poor street kids and leave the orphanage kids to take care of themselves.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I adopted Blaise and Sofie.

"Both my parents were in the Legion. There was... an ambush. Katla said she could feed me if I could make myself useful. I take care of the animals, run errands, that kind of thing. I guess it could be worse. But... I'm sick of sleeping outside with the horses. I want a real home, real parents. Not... this." - Blaise

"They... they're dead. My mama died when I was little... I... I don't remember her very well. My father was a Stormcloak soldier. One day, he left and... didn't come back. I'm all alone... I... I try to sell flowers so I can buy food. It's not much but... what else can I do?" - Sofie

I heard Sofie walk off one night in Windhelm going, "No-one bought any flowers today, I don't know what to do" I had to have her.

:sadface: They so sad.

Chadonraz

I've never even built a Children's Room.
I tried to get rid of the "Talk to Constance Michel about adoption" misc objective by simply talking to her, but it didn't work. I don't want to adopt any kids, I just want the houses Hearthfire offers. I never read "Consider Adoption" anymore.

Perhaps one day I'll create a character who, unlike me, actually likes children and wants to become a parent. If only for the "Proud Parent" achievement.

Rimfaxe96

Took Blaise from Solitude's stables and Sofie from Windhelm under my wing. I wish I could adopt more now, I mean c'mon? I got every other house available there is, probably about 8 more beds to keep children and I think 300.000 gold are enough to keep them fed. They even get 1000 gold pocket money (each) and they get to keep a pet they like as well. Plus they are being guarded and taught by my stewards.

Isn't that enough to be able to adopt more? Sheesh.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts