• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Hello, I'd like to share my new experience with Skyrim.

I had never tried alchemy before, until today I decided to create an alchemist build. I now have an Argonian alchemist/mage/spellsword and I'm having a lot of fun. I like how alchemy lets you actually perform experiments, something which I think it's a shame the magic oriented skills lack. Just put together random stuff and see what happens.

Just minutes ago, I was chuckling to myself at the thought of using giant's toe and wheat to create giant's toe bread or something. Well, to my surprise, those two together actually created quite an expensive potion.

So, I guess the point of this thread is, don't be afraid to try something new. I just did it today, and I'm having a blast. Share similar experiences you've had with Alchemy, or Skyrim in general.

Twiffle

Ah, alchemy, apart from Restoration my favourite school, so powerful when you get good at it, and an absolute money maker, try blue mountain flower, blue butterfly wings and wheat, really common and a great skill booster and money maker, But when you start to learn and realise its uses you will be amazed, such as invisibility from level one etc etc,

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
Ah, alchemy, apart from Restoration my favourite school, so powerful when you get good at it, and an absolute money maker, try blue mountain flower, blue butterfly wings and wheat, really common and a great skill booster and money maker, But when you start to learn and realise its uses you will be amazed, such as invisibility from level one etc etc,
Ooooo! Are we sharing recipes?

You simply must try mudcrab chitin/snowberry/thistle branch...

Twiffle

^^ yeh thats a good one, i must have about 40 recipies written down,,its so much fun potions for any build youwant, even with just a couple of points in alchemy will help soo much.

drhooke

Alchemy is actually really fun. I have a sword and board Nord thing going on and had only experimented with alchemy once just for the hell of it. But just got Hearthfire and built the greenhouse and really loving the idea of picking plants from my own house to just experiment with. Really can make you a lot of money too!

theoduck

Alchemy is actually really fun. I have a sword and board Nord thing going on and had only experimented with alchemy once just for the hell of it. But just got Hearthfire and built the greenhouse and really loving the idea of picking plants from my own house to just experiment with. Really can make you a lot of money too!
Hearthfire -- Windstad Manor + Alchemy Lab + Greenhouse + Armory + Garden + Fish Hatchery = Wheeee!

drhooke

Greenhouse + kitchen + Alchemy tower + garden + Apiary = so many bees! haha Actually, need to find out what bees do in potions now.

Twiffle

bee+deathbell+river betty = damage health, ravage stamina and slow,

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Keep them coming boys! *gets pen and paper*

P.S. Could you share some good Slow Poison recipes? I know I created a really potent one with Deathbell + Nirnroot + a third mystery ingredient which I cannot remember.
Should've written it down :sadface:
I already tried Salt Pile, which did indeed create Slow Poison, but not nearly as potent as the one before.

WVUbeerman

I got ripped off on my Apple
Greenhouse + kitchen + Alchemy tower + garden + Apiary = so many bees! haha Actually, need to find out what bees do in potions now.
I am having problems finding bees any help would be great. I am still at level 50, not completed the main quest as of yet and trying to get my alchemy up to 100. I want to get my nightingale armour up to par with heavy armour stats I have now. Enchantment is 100, I think alchemy has to be 100 and then I can do this.

jbcuX1XZOFONK1.jpg

theoduck

I am having problems finding bees any help would be great. I am still at level 50, not completed the main quest as of yet and trying to get my alchemy up to 100. I want to get my nightingale armour up to par with heavy armour stats I have now. Enchantment is 100, I think alchemy has to be 100 and then I can do this.

jbcuX1XZOFONK1.jpg
You need to stock your Apiary/Greenhouse with a honeycomb. If it had one and you looted it, you need to put it back or put a new one in.

drhooke

Have found very few just wandering around, but if you have Hearthfire, I think the only house with the Apiary (bee house) is Lakeview Manor, the one by Falkreath. Once you build it, you'll get start getting bees. Also, if you build the greenhouse at your house and fully decorate it, bees will start flying all over, even inside the main hall if you don't keep the greenhouse doors closed

Twiffle

west of the guardian stones is a small island in the lake which has lots of bees, ,, also not far north of the watchtower at whiterun is a raised area with bushes and trees which also has alot of bees,

theoduck

west of the guardian stones is a small island in the lake which has lots of bees, ,, also not far north of the watchtower at whiterun is a raised area with bushes and trees which also has alot of bees,
Honeystrand Cave outside of Ivarstad is bee-city... just be careful with that hive at the entrance; you might accidentally enter the cave, which is vary nasty if bears are still a challenge.

Twiffle

^^ oh yeh i forgot that one, theres about 4 or 5 hives as well i think around the trees

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts