• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zenoh

Zenoh Warm-Sand
Hi Guys,

I was just about to create an Alchemist build, i've watched a few videos and found out that Argonians, Khajiits and Bretons are a good race to choose, i was just wondering about your opinions before i make the character. :)burn heal.jpg

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the poster about?

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Hi Guys,

I was just about to create an Alchemist build, i've watched a few videos and found out that Argonians, Khajiits and Bretons are a good race to choose, i was just wondering about your opinions before i make the character. :)
Bretons, Dark Elves, Khajiit, and Wood Elves all get a +5 boost to their starting Alchemy skill. It's small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. If getting a head start is that important then pick one of those.

Nighthiker77

Any race is fine for an alchemist. A starting bonus in alchemy will be irrelevant in no time, and I don't know of any lore saying that any race doesn't do alchemy. I would base your choice of race on something else like back story, aesthetics, resistances, or daily powers.

Zenoh

Zenoh Warm-Sand
Well Alchemy will be my Primary skill but i'll put one-handed and sneak in also.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
The Alchemist Shack in the Rift is a good early home, until you save up enough to buy a Hearthfire house.
Sinderion's Serendipity is a must for any alchemist, though difficult to get.

If you going to be sneaky and one Handed, you might consider joining the DB, you'll get Babette a few plants in the sanctuary and the Muiri quest to get an Alchemy enhancing Ring. Not to mention the poisoner's nook available upon completion of the questline.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Any race is fine for an alchemist. A starting bonus in alchemy will be irrelevant in no time, and I don't know of any lore saying that any race doesn't do alchemy. I would base your choice of race on something else like back story, aesthetics, resistances, or daily powers.

I agree with this. I am a Nord ( never played any other class ) and my perks are up to Benefactor only but I know how to use Alchemy. Beside, is not the alchemy level what makes you create better enchanting potions but other factors. I use the alchemy loop anytime I want and I can create any kind of enchanting potion to any level I do want, so it is not the class but if you know how to use it. Just my 2 cents ... ;)

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
I agree with this. I am a Nord ( never played any other class ) and my perks are up to Benefactor only but I know how to use Alchemy. Beside, is not the alchemy level what makes you create better enchanting potions but other factors. I use the alchemy loop anytime I want and I can create any kind of enchanting potion to any level I do want, so it is not the class but if you know how to use it. Just my 2 cents ... ;)
nords of skyrim are smarter, more advanced, and not lazy unlike the redguards lol, but seriously race doesn't matter when it comes to building a character as far as skills are concerned

Mewness

Trans-Neptunian Object
Hey you know the main character in my blog is an alchemist! ... Oh wait, you probably want an effective character.

I agree that race doesn't matter much in the long run, but I think that Bretons are best early on--whether or not you care about the skills, the general magic resistance they get is just really useful. (Says the person who doesn't have any Breton characters in Skyrim.)

berzum

Hey you know the main character in my blog is an alchemist! ... Oh wait, you probably want an effective character.

I agree that race doesn't matter much in the long run, but I think that Bretons are best early on--whether or not you care about the skills, the general magic resistance they get is just really useful. (Says the person who doesn't have any Breton characters in Skyrim.)
i don't think the breton magic resistance applies to alchemy, but for enemies that use magic bretons are awsome, how ever I think argonian get a poison resist and another race does too which is helpful when fighting things like falmor or falmer lol cant remember the proper spelling

Mewness

Trans-Neptunian Object
The argonian histskin ability is also very useful. I don't usually take the once-a-day abilities into account when I pick a race, though, because I always forget about those abilities when I need them :D

Adam Warlock

The best purchased home for an Alchemist is Windstad Manor(Hearthfire) which may be acquired from the Jarl in Morthal.
Choose the options for the outside garden and Fish Hatchery as well as the Greenhouse and Alchemy Tower wings on the house.

berzum

The best purchased home for an Alchemist is Windstad Manor(Hearthfire) which may be acquired from the Jarl in Morthal.
Choose the options for the outside garden and Fish Hatchery as well as the Greenhouse and Alchemy Tower wings on the house.
very useful house to have plus the surroundings are nice also