• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Well Daryl the whole reason we didn't have elves from the start was to steer clear of the stereotypical fantasy world which I think we've done a good job of so far. So yes, I agree with Blackdoom, it would be preferable if you didn't involve elves.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    For real now, just make her a human, or a harpy(if you want her to be very old).
    You've said you wanted vampirism to be a thing in this RP, and you should add vampires to the beastiary, but I say we keep elves out of this RP. Almost every single fantasy world of note has elves and they are the same arrogant fluffs that can live a long time. Adding them in here seems stupid, since we already have so many good races.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I didn't impede on your creative freedom and I am not letting anyone impede on mine.

I can do me and you can do you. But I won't be a huge dick about it XD

I have an idea I want you to agree with. Elves used to be a prominent part or society but got wiped out by disease that affected them, and the remainders slowly died off as humans did not want to mate with them for whatever reason.

Blackdoom, I think you'll find the way I've written Violetta Mercer is not at all like the stereotypes. It would also add to the supernatural type aura I want for my kingdom, Alex's family having elven blood XD

I only have two elves.
    Alex's wife, a full blood.
    Alex's daughter, a half elf.
    If these two could be allowed I would be most grateful, I could come up with a real reason why there isn't anymore better than a disease since that's already been used.

Maybe elves used to just be apart of my kingdom and since there was so few of them to begin with they simply died out over time. When it's less global and more foreign to you guys, it's better and makes a lot more sense.

If you absolutely object I will destroy the idea, but I like my last one.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Sorry to say, but I'm still against it. We have a fl*ffton of races already, and you have plenty of chances to add yours, or to make a KC for that matter. Violetta could just be a harpy, they live 300 yrs, and her daughter could a be a half-harpy if you so insist. We're only a few posts in the IC so I can understand you trying to add the elven race but i feel like it won't fit, and it just seems that you want your kingdom to be different by adding a non-existent race to it rather than forging a good KC that explains their strange religion and habbits. Not trying to bash anybody, but if you placed this idea back when we first made the bestiary it might have worked, but adding it now when we already have a set lore is dumb.

I say we all decide if elves should be implemented, not just you. But on my part I say they shouldn't exist in Rotafar

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Daryl his point is that you're not really making something, almost everything in the beastiary is completely made up, whilst elves are being drawn from almost every fantasy world ever. I believe the point doom is attempting to make is that I you do want to add a cool race, make one up :)

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Also, that isn't the reason at all. You should have already known since in the last RP one of my major characters was an elf and the other half.

I was just saying it could help make the kingdom different from the others and seem odd an foreign in RP by what I said earlier. It makes sense.

Few outside the kingdom, if any, have even met them. So her being part of a dead race can slide it's way into their since you won't let me have it as an entire race. I compromised, and I actually agree that having the entire race around wouldn't fit.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I know, and neither are giants, but the point is that neither giants nor harpies are commoners in fantasy worlds, particularly harpies

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I came up with a story for them. They used to reside in my area but fought amongst themselves and slowly died out, it's not their cliche story and I came up with explanation for the only pure blood elf in existence.

So the fact that they are used in other fantasy shouldn't matter.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Yes.
    There was few to begin with and they fought between themselves, and most others, until they slowly aged and died out.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Blackdoom, don't attack me with the cliche thing because I could pick you apart if I wanted to. But I am trying to not fight and just discuss, you seem to just ignore any compromising I do or any valid points I make.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    It is one elf, one half, and one little girl who has a bit of elven DNA in her but is otherwise fully human. I don't see why it is such a big issue.

In a cliche it would be an entire nation of elves, I have seen few (if any) fantasy where the elves are down to this.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    You cant convince me dude, this is the world we built and I simply dislike the idea of elves in it. Like I said it is up to the rest to decide

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    No, it's up to all of us to decide. It's the world you built, I've yet to contribute. I've made it work and made my own story by making them far more insignificant, and making them native to me.
    The numbers are even down.

I don't care to convince you, you're too closed minded. It was a given these characters would be elves as they were last time and I said that kingdom would stay roughly the same, I've come up with their story and annihilated their numbers so it's not like there's thousands. Not even hundreds or dozens. Not even 3.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    There's a simple solution. We vote. Scout, Sky, Daryl, Doom and Valin. You 5 have the votes.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    *Sigh*. Its quite sad you think you can control how I create my own kingdom. Just because you don't like doesn't mean it isn't going to be there. Think about it, honesty. Look at yourself.

"Oh I think that's a bit wack, too cliche."

Alright, I'll exterminate the majority and come up with logical reasons why one is left. Compromise, I agree.

Oh sorry I still don't like it, we need to vote.

"You can't convince me to give you freedom over your own creation, sorry but no."

I don't need to convince you.

Also, I was wrong, there's two pure blood elves :) Veronica Mercer's servant is a full blood elf. Veronica is the half blood.

You can think I'm being childish and arguing because so far it's two against one but if you look at this logically you're being asses.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts