Aela the Huntress dead?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Annageckos

So I just finished the quest Glory Of The Dead, and I am making my way back to Whiterun, taking my time hunting and gathering. A courier runs up to me and gives me a inheritance letter. I read it and see that Aela has died! The last I saw her was at the end of the quest, in Ysgramor's Tomb. I didn't think she could die. I have no idea when so I can't reload a save. I think she gives quest? Right? Really I just wanted to know if they changed it so she was not essential anymore and thus, could die. Also, I play on PS3, so no console commands for me.

Annageckos

I don't think she is that important. Was wondering if that has happened to anyone else. Though I may be wrong, maybe she is that important? This the first time I have really done the companions quest line, I started once before but never got this far in it.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Aela gives you the Totems of Hircine quests which grant additional powers when in werewolf form. When you complete the quest Glory of the Dead it clears the essential flag for the members of the Circle so it's possible for them to die until you get a quest from one of them which will reflag the quest giver's essential status.

Annageckos

Ugg, great. Looks like I will have to restart and lose a few hours of game play. Thank you for the info tho.

Annageckos

Yeah, me either. Luckily I have a save from the start of the quest, so I am only losing three levels. But now I know, not sure how she died though.