• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Katastrophe

King of Tales
You say mage/assassin, so I'm not sure if you're going for an Assassin that incorporates Illusion magic (misdirection), or if you're literally going for a hybrid.

Can you be more specific?

Odd Child

The Bronze Boar!
Mage and assassin? Im not sure how you can collaborate these two offensive skills without swapping items constantly during battle. If you want to go for assassin, I'd advise you sacrifice skill points to sneak, and utilize either archery or dagger for surprise kills. For mage, go for Lightning spells, which not only damage health but stamina as well.

Odd Child

The Bronze Boar!
Thanks! ^^ but should I take conjuration too? (I'm using a follower)
If you're talking to me than yes, atronarch's can be helpful and the storm atronarch is especially powerful. Honestly, being a powerful destructive mage is much more fun than being an elusive assassin. Sure you feel like a badass as an assassin but wreaking havoc in destruction is much more satisfying.

Raelwynn

I'm going destruction/illusion destruction for the offense and illusion for assassinations.Cpnjuration is really hard to level also. Illusionbosppretty hard too so I'll what's gonna happen.

Katastrophe

King of Tales
If you want to mix in Destruction, I would say focus on the Rune spells - they're expert level and essentially just traps. If you can silent cast (Illusion perk) one in the path enemies will take to get to you, it'd be a nice defense. For reference, know that you can't silently disarm them after you cast them. You'll need to either take the hit, throw something onto it (I think that works) or cast the same spell type onto it. Like casting Flames onto a Fire Ruin will set it off, but it won't set off a Frost Ruin.

Conjuration can be cool, especially if you go with Necromancy. Kill a target, then enthrall it to fight his friends. Otherwise, it works well simply to tank should you be seen.

In my opinion, however, you're leaving assassin behind and going more for a stealth mage.

Doomy

Conjuration is a very good one for sneakers. You get the top bow very early, and summoning can help if you fond yourself in a real combat situation. IMHO illusion is overrated, calm stab or frenzy is dull, and invisible is pointless as you will probably be virtually invisible naturally, especially if you use all those soul gems to enchanted some boosts

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk 2

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts