Addressing the Oghma Infinitum glitch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Preferred Archetype?

• Total voters

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
how do i get my gamercard for my signature?
oh boy i don't remember sorry, check xbox.com forums haha i did that im sure.

XJaeX

Ghost
yes it does ruin your game.
i suggest you finish the game first on the normal way

XbSuper

It's an exploit, not a cheat. The difference being, a cheat gives you something previously unobtainable, an exploit merely allows you to get something with less effort than the game intended. I also need to ask, why does anyone care? It only affects the player's game, if they want to use it, that's their choice to make. I've done it on a few characters, and I think it makes the game more fun, not less as those who avoid it seem to think.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
It is a game breaker. I used it to keep the book for display reasons while topping of a stack of stealth skills in the level 95-99 range all to level 100.

As for what it is, it is a glitch or exploit, since it can be used despite the intentions of the game developers. Where as a cheat is an intentional addition which was purposely add to the game by they developers with the intent of making the game easier and/or grant you special items or abilities earlier than normal or would not otherwise get at all without using the cheat.

I view the glitch as a game breaker. Using the glitch to top of multiple skills for those final one to five levels is one thing, but using it for that instant Level 81 ruins much of the fun of the game.

Ultimately it comes down to personal preference and opinion.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I used it on a character I re-made. She is my favorite build and in my first playthrough I got her to level 57 and accidentally erased her from existence by saving over her game with another build. Now I use multiple saves for each build. I also got her to level 51 before I used it in the second playthrough. When it's used for a case like this, I don't think it's a problem. I already had become so powerful, that leveling to max just gave me extra perks that didn't make much of a difference in my play style anyway, and I would've been close to max level if I hadn't saved over her game in the first playthrough.

However, just rushing through the main quest until you get a chance to use the exploit can ruin your gaming experience. You're still going to have to spend a lot of time raising money to buy spells/equipment, looking for the right items to enchant or smith, etc. And running around with under-powered armor and weapons at such a high level is extremely dangerous. When you level up legit it's just more satisfying, and safer, imo.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts