• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mokz

Dunno if anyone knows about this bug (or its working as intended? o_O ) i just found out by playing around with CK about it not long ago.
The warrior stone is increasing leveling speed only for 5 skills. The thief stone is increasing leveling speed for 7 skills. I always knew that the archery skill is on combat tree but CK says its actually on stealth tree. Therefore the thief stone is the one helping you to level archery faster not the warrior stone.
EDIT: wooops i wanted to say "About guardian stones" >.> i always confuse them...

Kuros

You can see what type it is in the background color of the perk trees, green=stealth
No kidding genius. I think we've all been playing long enough to understand that, but the question is whether or not its been misplaced and only levels up with the theif stone

Kuros

right, but its not in the green, so people may be deceived by this. They want to level archery quicker, so they go with the warrior stone when they should have gone with the theif, I think thats the moral of the thread

mokz

You can see what type it is in the background color of the perk trees, green=stealth
yup, you're right
tbh i never looked at skills background color :/
still UESP states its part of combat which seems to be incorrect

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
yup, you're right

Skyrim:The Guardian Stones - UESPWiki

On the Thief Stone page UESP lists Archery correctly as belonging to the Thief Stone. I don't know where you looked to see it elsewhere? Everywhere else Archery is considered to be a Combat skill, it's just the inconsistency with the Standing Stone.

User:Alfwyn/Sandbox3 - UESPWiki

mokz

yeah..i used to look at the skill main page where archery is put in the combat tab
didn't read "Even though Archery is considered a Combat Skill, Thief Stone enhances the skill gain in Archery, not Warrior Stone." at Notes
silly me :sadface:

Demoraj

yup, you're right
The info on UESP isn't all completely correct simply because it's another wiki, people edit it for them, figuring archery is part of a warrior stone-- actually it is in fact part of combat but does it say it's part of the warrior stone? Normally you don't shoot arrows at someone when they're running at you so you usually only use it to distract or pull off a sneak attack, unlike me, most 'warriors' won't be thinking sneak is effective with heavy armor and such, and occasionally use archery to a low effectiveness.

But really this is what matters, it's not called the combat stone, it's called the warrior stone.

Edit: btw I was writing this before I read the last guy's.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts