• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
All I wanted to do was follow thru on all of the Companion quests.

Fragment of Wuulthard:

Went with the Huntress, cleaned out the Silver Hand den of slaughter, the chest which was SUPPOSED to contain the fragment had everything else but.

I scavenged everything else there, even the locked door and chest. No fragment.

In desperation I used coc qasmoke and pilfered 12 of them, quest still can't be completed.

All in all, 2 hours of my life I can't get back for a buggy game? Really? Dead in my tracks, no more lycanthropy for me....this totally sucks.

I honestly, truly, want to like this game, but at least WoW FIXES their buggy quests.

Now what to do? (Needed to vent)

Skulli

I already have the patch, via nexus

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
If you run into bugs like that, where quest items don't show up and there's no marker for them, try looking up the item ID of the quest item you are looking for and use player.additem to add it to your inventory.

Or alternatively you could use the console player.setstage and find the questID of the next stage of the quest you are on.

I feel really sorry for console gamers who run into this sort of thing that can't use the console :sadface:

Skulli

I finally found a set scene cheat that finished the quest...damned shame one who intends to play a "clean & honest" game must cheat to succeed.

Later on, the quest where I killed that coven of witches was the most frightened any quest in any video game has ever made me feel!

Very well done for a hardened, cynical gamer like myself, lol! WELL DONE Bethesda!

PS I now must embark on another fragment quest after the slaughter in our household while I was away...gonna miss that old Nord! Just hope the fragment actually appears this time.

Niq

This -
Later on, the quest where I killed that coven of witches was the most frightened any quest in any video game has ever made me feel!
- Totally agree... its not even the hardest quest or anything, but the atmosphere they acheived was brilliant.
plus it was a pretty cool story idea running through the Companions quest line imo.

Skulli

I also got to solo kill a dragon on the way!

The game said I took his soul, but when I tried to use my new shout, it said I needed a soul...weird.

Niq

haha funny thing that! i had a dragon waiting for me on the way out, like literally sat waiting for me... i solo killed him, but i did get to unlock a new shout.
:confused:
Sorry

Skulli

You have to actually unlock the shout by spending the soul that you absorbed.

How do I do this? I admit I'm a total 'noob' regarding this game!

Niq

When you go to shouts (its under the magic menu) you go to the shout you want to unlock and press a button (depends what console you are on which button you press) - it will say what button it is to "unlock shout" on the right hand side of the screen

JoeReese

On PS3 it's the square.

Skulli

PC here, think I found it..as well as another bugged quest where the chest holding an item held nada.

Wow!
As long as i can find cheats to get past these oversights I'll try to keep playing, as the stuff that isn't bugged or glitched so far has been great.

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
I think you may have downloaded a bad mod or two if you are running into glitches that often. I'd take a hard look at what you've downloaded, because I have 106 mods installed and have played for over 1000 hours and have yet to run into a single issue with a quest being bugged, save for one obscure double spawn issue I had with a daedric quest (in which the quest mob spawned twice).

EDIT: Also, as others have said, dragons souls are stored as a resource you can spend, so you have to decide which shout you want to spend it on. You can do that by going to your magic menu and looking under "shouts", then find one that is greyed out (meaning you know the word, but you can't use it) and just press X/Square to spend a dragon soul on it to make it usable.

You can learn additional words in a sort of "sentence", but they all cost dragon souls. So learning FUS RO DAH is going to cost 3 dragons souls, although you can use each word individually (and there are advantages in doing so).

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
I finally found a set scene cheat that finished the quest...damned shame one who intends to play a "clean & honest" game must cheat to succeed.

Very well done for a hardened, cynical gamer like myself, lol! WELL DONE Bethesda!

PS I now must embark on another fragment quest after the slaughter in our household while I was away...gonna miss that old Nord! Just hope the fragment actually appears this time.

What happened at your house? Are you a fellow Necromancer? Did the bodies in you house respawn? I had a bunch of assorted mages and vampires stored and come to see Lydia fighting them all and I get destroyed instantly being a "squishy" mage. Breezehome is unenterable now. Good News is my Necromancer Den is Proudspire Manor is holding up.

Skulli

I finally got it figured out...my Mod UI on my PC had a confusing menu for such a new player.

Now I can set things on FIRE!

Xivia4

You're using SkyUI? It should make the menu less confusing since it reorganises it for a more PC friendly feel. Also, the unlock button on PC is "R."

Skulli

You're using SkyUI? It should make the menu less confusing since it reorganises it for a more PC friendly feel. Also, the unlock button on PC is "R."

Yeah, it was totally ignoring my "R" slamming, lol...all good now though! Those companions ghosts on my last quest never stood a chance against my firebreathing!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts