? ABOUT FAVORITE MENU ON GAMEPLAY SCREEN

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AryoAsh

Hi I was wondering when you use the game-pad on 360 or PS3 and press up/down it goes into your favorites menu. And lists everything on your favorites list from weapons to spells. Now let's say you go to your sword and your press left on the gamepad while still in that window it will put a #1 by it. Then let's say you go down and pick healing and press right on the gamepad it will then put a #2. What is this for? I haven't figured out its use yet, and it's startin to make me crazy, haha. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

That's basically the hotkey system for consoles. So the favorite that you have a little number 1 next to, you can quick switch to without openning the favorites menu by pressing left on the D-Pad. And the number 2, you can quick switch to by pressing right on the D-Pad. So basically, you can switch quickly between two weapons or spells without opening your favorites menu. It's pretty handy :D

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
Ok, so by doing this you are now able to use those spells or weapons quickly without going into the favorite menu during the game. Say you have healing assigned to #1 but are using a sword and shield. By pressing left of the d-pad your left hand will switch to the healing spell. If you press left on the dpad twice, the spell will assigned to both hands and you can dual cast.

M'aiqaelF

^^*shakes fist a troll* damn youuuuu!!!!!!!!!! :p

That's basically the hotkey system for consoles. So the favorite that you have a little number 1 next to, you can quick switch to without openning the favorites menu by pressing left on the D-Pad. And the number 2, you can quick switch to by pressing right on the D-Pad. So basically, you can switch quickly between two weapons or spells without opening your favorites menu. It's pretty handy :D
Thanks for the explanation! It's seems to be a great tip! I'm gonna try it when I get home!
I'm playing with a Mage now, and dude, I have a lot of thing on the favorite menu!

Thanks for the explanation! It's seems to be a great tip! I'm gonna try it when I get home!
I'm playing with a Mage now, and dude, I have a lot of thing on the favorite menu!
Yeah, and like Mike said (which I failed to include) for magic, if you want to equip a certain spell in both hands just press left or right twice.

M'aiqaelF

it's a must for mages to use the hotkeys

My favorite menu? Well, it would certainly include my recipe for roasted chicken that I listed in another thread. While it does involve slaughtering everyone in the village, the end results is a mouthwateringly crisp treat, best washed down with Alto wine.