Xbox 360 A whole new level of hard...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Agentoringe

I'm about to start my 10th-15th new character (much more than that but ya know lol) and I want to make it truly interesting...I've played through many times before to cover the different play styles and character builds, but even though I've completed both dawnguard and dragon born I've never gotten further in the main quest chain than startin the diplomatic immunity quest...so I haven't beaten the main quest arc...what I'm wanting to do, is start from scratch, ignore all the exploits I know of, and play the game...level skills normally, face the hardships normally, etc etc...also I'm gonna start playin on master difficulty from the word go, my problem is this, I don't know what direction to take or how much of a buffer I should allow myself...here are my options...

Sword and board
Spell and board
Dual wield
2 hander
Spell and stave
Dual spells
Archery

I know there are other options, but those are the ones in my face, with the dilemma of do I go sword n board so I can buffer my hardships by bein tanky? Or do i go to the other extreme and be a Mage type with no armor to buffer so I get the full "gettin my butt kicked" experience...what are your thoughts on how I should proceed?

KD.

I'm a little bit partial, but I think maybe you could go the stealth route. Concentrate on one-handed weapons and archery, with some light armor thrown in. I can't count how many times my butt has been saved by being able to sneak up on my enemies and kill them, or at least knock their health down significantly.

But really it all depends on what kind of play style you're looking for. There's nothing wrong with being a tank and just storming in to a drove of enemies, if that's the kind of thing you're into.

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
I'm going for a real spell and stave job soon...

Robes, long beard, greying hair, milky white eyes, isolated retreat on the side of a mountain peak.

That sort of thing...

Agentoringe

Yeah, what I'm meaning is, I'd like to have a tough time playing, but not tough enough I want to throw things lol I started a Mage assasin type to check out the difficulty difference and it's pretty significant, I died twice to the torturer in helgen before I got out of there then died to the pack of wolves to the right of the road just a ways down...so it's definitely tougher, but gonna roll towards the sneaky ranged w a bow, to do my initial damage, or sneak up to throw a fury spell in the mix, then clean up the excess...that's my plan so far anyways lol