• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    Camrick strode through the frigid streets of Winterhold. For the first time in ages he was walking away from the College in a mood that wasn't disappointment. Finally he had received the funding he needed to make a through documentation of the Dwemer city in the caverns of Blackreach. Camrick started listing off the things he needed for the expedition. First and foremost he needed companions. Walking into the Frozen Hearth, with his Dwemer Spider, Izzy, on his heels, Camrick steped onto the nearest chair and, after surveying the assembled rabble, he, with his usual pomp and circumstance, proclaimed "I have a proposition for any of you who are brave of heart, strong of arm, and quick of mind. I plan to delve the depths of the Alftan ruins and hopefully Blackreach beyond. I offer gold and promises of the most exciting adventure of your otherwise dull lives! Now I ask you. Are there any of you who are up to the task of delving those magnificent depths? "

Hides-in-Mist

Hides-in-Mist, a dark green scaled argonian, had just arrived to the hall with his mate after she convinced him to take the road to Winterhold on their way to Whiterun from Solitude. His head sported two straight horns and burnt-orange plumage, making it somewhat uncomfortable to wear a helmet unless he made it to fit. He had had a run in with Cammrick, and regrettably Izzy, in the library of the college and wasn't overly fond of the Breton.
    The request, if he went, meant at least a week in delays if not more. Seeing that no one had jumped at Cammrick's rather blunt invitation, Mist let out a sigh that came across as a low hiss. His mate, Armed-with-Lightening, nodded as if to say "go ahead, you know he won't make it alone."
    He looked at her, hoping he was wrong but she motioned towards Cammrick. "Hist preserve me..." He muttered under his breath.
    "A'ight, Cammrick," he began slowly, already dreading another icy cave, "I'll help you out on this one. When do we leave?"
    He rose so others could see him, hoping more would join and Lightening wouldn't have to accompany them.

Pufftuff

Arriving in Winterhold for the first time in at least a century, Vladier was nervous. He was coming to the college hoping to see if they had any work and to meet the new Arch mage, Savos Aren. It was cold at least Vladier remembered it as a cold place he felt little anymore.

After a long meeting with Savos, Vladier was asked to leave by this Arch-mage apparently there was a legend about his madness, but as he left Savos mentioned. "There is an old Breton, his name is Cammirck he may have a job for you. If he can trust you." Vladier nodded and walked down to grab a room for the day. As he walked into the Frozen Hearth he noticed a man matching Cammricks description. Cautiously he rented a room and watched him.

"We leave right away, my friend. Have you been well? Is Armed-with-lightning accompanying us?" Camrick blurted out, glad to find out the skilled Argonian would be with him on this venture. Noticing a frail Breton in a hood Camrick asked "Are you to join us elder?" He would usually object to anyone older than himself joining but Camrick felt a dark energy radiating from the man.

TheCaptain

The Mad Conductor of Words
    I was having a drink at the bar when a man suddenly started going on an Expedition and how there would be gold and the promise of Adventure two of the many things and people he loved, finishing his mead he got up off the stall and walked over "I think I'll join you in your Expedition" I said coming face to face with Camrick he saw the old man and how Camrick noticed that dark energy coming from him too, turning round "you feel it too as well can't you?" he whispered to Camrick still with mug in hand he made it look like he was just having another drink when he was actually sniffing the air around the old man *he stinks of something foul and it's not an old man smell* I thought to myself

Hides-in-Mist

"No I think she'll be-"
    "Yes, I'll be glad to accompany you. I've always found the dwemer ruins interesting." Lightening interjected.
    "Well that settles it then. We have to go get our gear and horses from the college. We'll be back in a few minutes. Go ahead and fill them in on the details, we'll find out on the road." Mist answered with a shrug.
    He held out his hand for lightening to join him and they walked out of the inn towards the college.

Camrick nodded as Mist and Lightning left the Tavern. Around this time a Nord with a katana walked up and said "I think I'll join you in your Expedition" "you feel it too as well can't you?"
    Camrick nodded at the Nords question. Something about the aged Breton unnerved Camrick but he could not undertake this journey alone.

Pufftuff

"Are you to join us elder?" The Breton asked. Vladier looked up slightly making sure his hood still covered his eyes. "If you need the help of an old Conjuerer." He had an sly smirk, "So to where are we going? I don't need money like you I simply seek knowledge." Vladier then takes out an ornate flask sips from it and looks back down at his table.

The old wizard had asked "so where are we going?" Camrick replied "We are going through Alftand and hopefully into Blackreach caverns. I hope to discover more about the Dwemer way of life. I plan to be off at once. Now any more questions?"

Pufftuff

Camrick replied to Vladier semi snappy. He thought that anyone that was planning to go to Blackreach was looking for more than to just, study. Vladier stood up bowed his head slightly saying, "Let me gather my things I'll be ready to go when you are." he gathered up his tomes and placed them in a small sack.

TheCaptain

seeing the old man gather his stuff I think I should do the same "I'd best get my belongings" I said walking back to the bar before picking up a small bag, checking if everything is there and slinging it over my right shoulder before coming back "ready when you are" I said

Camrick noted that the others where finished and after nodding at each said "Let us begin." Leading the way outdoors he walked over to the stables where Lightning and Mist had brought their things. "Are you two ready to depart?" He asked.

Hides-in-Mist

Seeing Camrick and the others approaching, Mist finished tightening the saddle and turned to face them, adjusting the baldric that held his quiver and hunting bow in place. His tomahawk was belted to his right side and hunting knife on the baldric.
    "Are you two ready to depart?" Camrick asked.
    "Aye, we have all of our gear and enough food for us to last about a week. I should ask yall the same though. Is that all you have?" He asked as he took the reigns of both his and Lightening's horses which were laden with saddle bags full of gear, ingredients, food, bedrolls, and a small tent on lightening's horse.
    She was sitting atop her horse, clothed in thick robes and a fur hood that concealed all but her snout from the sides. She had a knife belted to her waist, but carried no other weapons.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

"Is that all you have" Asked Mist
    "No I have supplies on my pack horse. Don't worry. I am nothing if not prepared"
    Turning to the other two Camrick asked "Do the two of you have horses?"

TheCaptain

"Do the two of you have horses?"

"Aye the blasted thing is around here somewhere" I said pulling my mask down before putting two fingers to my lips and whistled for about 10 seconds before a horse black as night with black and blood red saddle appeared from the other side of the slope on the road heading outside of Winterhold "there he is, oi come on get over here!" I said to myself and then the horse before it finally came over "good boy, up I go" I said pulling myself to mount him, grabbing the reins I turn him round to face the others

Hides-in-Mist

Mist was turning away when the Nord whistled loudly. He nearly jumped, but stepped quickly on the other side of his horse, a chestnut stallion, that shook his head disapprovingly. Lightening drew her hood up and looked down at Mist to help muffled it. When she looked up she saw a black horse come trotting around the corner of the Jarl's long house.
    "Aww reminds me of when I had to watch after the Captain's daughter, a spoiled brat of an Altmer. She had a white horse with a red saddle like that." She whispered to Mist with a grin as the horse trotted over.
    Mist stiffled a laugh so as not to bring attention to the comment. She was trying to brighten his gloomy mood since he still wasn't looking forward to this.

Pufftuff

Vladier summons what appears to be a malnourished horse. He looks around hoping nobody really notices the horse that walked from around the building. He looked ahead, taking his place at the back of the group. Head down he followed, looking down from time to time to scribble in a journal.

As the group mounted up, Camrick walked over to a Chestnut war-horse. It had a lineage nearly as prestigious as Camrick's own. The mare had papers documenting that it was a descendant of the Hero of Kvatch's own steed. Camrick had purchased the horse from the stables near Bruma, back in his wandering days. Quickly and deftly, Camrick saddled and tacked the horse and loaded his pack-mare down with the supplies the group needed for the trip ahead. Leading the two horses out, Camrick saddled up and lead the way towards Alftan
    -----------------------------------------
    After several hours of riding through the snows of Winterhold, the group was in sight of Alftan. There where around ten bandits surrounding the entrance to the ruins. "This is what you are being paid for. Deal with them how you wish" Camrick said, voice low.

Hides-in-Mist

Seeing the bandits ahead, Mist readied his bow and dismounted his horse.
    "This is what you are being paid for. Deal with them how you wish." Camrick said in a hushed tone as he drew even with him.
    Mist grinned as a plan formed in his mind.
    "All of you hang back. I want to try and be peaceful first." He said to the group as he raised his bow up over his head and began walking towards them.
    He was near the center of the group of ten when the leader, clad in full Nordic armor but helmet in hand.
    "I think you might have gotten turned around, lizard" he sneered.
    "Are you the leader of this lovely band?" Mist asked, inclining his head in a slight bow.
    "Aye. What's it to you?" He asked, becoming impatient.
    Before he could take another step, Mist drew an arrow, fired, and watched as the bolt sunk.deep into the chief's skull.
    "Now all of you are gonna leave here, and not cause any problems for us. Do you understand me?" Mist asked as a clamor began to erupt in the 9 remainders.
    "I said. Do You Understand me?" He asked again after no one moved.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Pufftuff

The Argonian took the lead on a group of bandits in there path. "All of you hang back. I want to try and be peaceful first." He said as he walked towards the bandits. Vladier smirked slyly he knew this trick well, he watched as the Argonian let lose an arrow point blank into the chief. It appeared as though the lizard was going to let the rest go. The old Breton strode up with an odd swiftness, and over heard the lizard say. "Now all of you are gonna leave here, and not cause any problems for us. Do you understand me? He repeated again, "I said. Do you understand me?" no one moved or said a word. Vladier finally broke his silence to laugh it was a sinister laugh, quite yet loud enough to break the silence then without a word, the Breton threw up his hands pointing at the two nearest the Argonian. The bandits looked scared as each one slit his own throat. Then in one motion down both men rose back up almost instantly and started attacking the remainder of the group. Walking back to his horse Vladier snickered as he said. "See there is really only one way to make sure we are left in peace."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts